TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Sorry, but did they keep the skyride towers and just close the ride itself? I see what looks like them in one of the trip report pictures. (I don't really have the time to read back through the thread to find an earlier answer)

They kept both towers, it looks ridiculous.

Got a platinum flash pass and took my first visit to SFNE this year and I have to say Wicked Cyclone and RMC is the real deal. Blown away by the airtime, the feeling through the inversions, and the comfort of the trains even when stapled. Rode 10 times on Saturday and could have easily done 40 more but the ride is exhausting... much in the way i felt on Voyage you just hit the brake run exhausted. Exciting from start to (almost) finish. Fir WC, shortest stand-by line was 30 min at the beginning of the day and easily hit 45-60 min (entrance?) based on what people were saying. Longest reservation time was 3 minutes, the walk around took forever (first world problems)

If i had to rank, which i hate doing, definitely up there in my top 3 coasters, possibly my new favorite. The platinum flash pass was amazing the longest wait was 1 train for Bizarro (so, 3 minutes for a double ride). Saved more than 10 hours in line and the reservation was always ready way before we got to a ride. Every ride you immediately walked on unlike cedar point. Hit front row and back row on many rides. Wicked cyclone is great because they are super strict on row designation but since you are in a separate line you can just ask grouper to let people in front of you (otherwise you almost always get front row! Which is not a bad thing!) Longest reservation was 7 minutes for Goliath and pandemonium, but you can reserve the second it gets scanned at another ride.

Awesome day. Though Bizarro and the state of Goliath were disappointing. Wicked Cyclone made up for both of them.

Edited by anonymouscactus

I hate the sound of steel wheels on RMC track. The Georgia Cyclone's retrack sounds god awful and literally damaging, like nails on a chalkboard as loud as an old B&M. To be fair I dont know if its the same on the I-box track though.

And to think I am already half deaf. Yowzers.

Edited by RollerManic

^ The old Cyclone made probably the same horrible noise when it was traveling over the sections that had been redone in the topper track. The roar that WC makes in much more like the B&M roar than the nails on chalkboard sound that the topper track made. (Its been a long time since I was at SFMM, but I think its similar to Superman's roar when you are standing on the path under the tower.)

Went to the park yesterday for the last time before moving back to FL. Four things:

1. Platinum Flash Pass ... Totally worth it on a crowded day. Got on each coaster 6+ times. Hurray re-rides! Flash Pass Platinum works for WC, but didn't allow re-rides, but it didn't matter as we got 5 rides on it.

2. Goliath ... is AWESOME in the front row! Didn't ride any of the other rows, but compared to last year, there was no crazy vibration and each element was taken smoothly. Awesome ride! Second favorite ride in the park.

3. Bizarro ... was running alright. A bit laggy. The front row is tracking excellent! The back row... lots of shimmying. Also, the restraints, as always, are terrible! Unfortunate, because last year, this was my favorite ride in the park, but has since been dethroned.

4. Wicked Cyclone ... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! Though, the vibration made my groin feel a bit... weird. Rode in the middle, back, and front; morning, afternoon, and night; no rain, and with rain. The ride got crazier as the day went on! At night, we rode the front, and back in the rain. The thing was hauling ass! Ejector air on every hill! My thighs still hurt... but I actually think that's due to Bizarro, as WC's restraints are super comfy! The back row gives an unrelenting ride, with stronger airtime than El Toro. The front row gives a fantastic ride without much vibration and the hang-time on the drop is fantastic! Hands down (Or .. up?), BEST ride in the park. My riding preference: Night, rain, front row.

Bizarro has really become a front seat ride. The further back you get it feels sluggish compared to the way it used to run, but in the front the ride is still as great as ever (with the exception of the crap restraints).

When I went a couple weekends ago, the front row was the only row I rode in. When it comes to hyper-coasters, I only ever ride in the front row.

Got back from SFNE and I have to say WC is fantastic! Lots of airtime and laterals and never lets up. Easily beats Bizarro for best ride in the park and is WAY better than Cyclone.

Bizarro has really become a front seat ride. The further back you get it feels sluggish compared to the way it used to run, but in the front the ride is still as great as ever (with the exception of the crap restraints).

When I went a couple weekends ago, the front row was the only row I rode in. When it comes to hyper-coasters, I only ever ride in the front row.

So you've never done Nitro in the back row? It's like an entirely different ride imo.

^I agree, it's very different in the back. The drop is insane in the last row, better than in the front. The airtime on each hill comes so late that you don't expect it at all so it's a very interesting experience. The g's on the helix are also stronger as well. When Nitro gets stale in the front row I take a ride in the back and that mixes things up so to speak. Bizarro though is not great anymore in the back from what I've heard, but in the front it's almost as good as the S:ROS days

So you've never done Nitro in the back row? It's like an entirely different ride imo.

I find most B&M hypers, such as Behemoth and Intimidator, have better airtime in the front. Diamondback at Kings island has amazing, sustained, floater air in the back row, but very little in the front. Each coaster can be different, that's why it's important to ride on various rows, before you rate a ride.

I have taken a couple rides in the back of Nitro just to see what it's like, but I much prefer the front. I prefer having airtime as I crest the hills.

Headed to the park tomorrow. Hoping that the fact it's the day before the holiday weekend that it shouldn't be too crowded, but am wondering if I'm wrong with this thought process.

EDIT: Nevermind, not going. One of my buddies bailed last minute. Another day, Wicked Cyclone, another day...

Edited by Genx24

I got on WC 6 more times today and there definitely are vibrations, but they are only really noticeable after the first drop and after the overbank.

Both the orange and blue trains had vibrations and it wasn't as loud as people said it was.

what is up with sfne even on slow days still having a grouper on WC, Goliath, and Thunderbolt. I mean, really, the line is about a 10 min wait and they wont let you wait for a a specific row. unbelievable.

Ever heard of asking? Goliath will allow you to wait, and some attendants will allow you to wait on WindexCyanide also. Same with Batman.

I did ask, the loader said NO, on all 3 rides.