TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Interesting review, I didn't find the airtime on Wicked Cyclone to be anywhere near the level of the airtime on El Toro (or even Bizarro). I guess this ride is just very temperamental, but the good news is even when it runs slow it's still amazing.

Interesting review, I didn't find the airtime on Wicked Cyclone to be anywhere near the level of the airtime on El Toro (or even Bizarro). I guess this ride is just very temperamental, but the good news is even when it runs slow it's still amazing.

From my understanding, all the wheels have been switched over, and the paint has pretty much all chipped away (apparently the paint was sticking to the wheels and slowing the train down the first few weeks). But yes, so far I have 3 more rides on it today, and the airtime has been equally as strong as it was yesterday. GAdv is my homepark so I have over a hundred rides on Toro to compare it to.

Btw, back to 2 train operation today.

Don't forget Batman.

It makes sense on Thunderbolt because the station is old and tiny and will bottleneck if someone chooses to wait for the back. It doesn't make sense anywhere else except on Batman sort of but I refuse to give them a pass because they had a ton of room to build a normal sized station for that ride and just chose not to.

what is up with sfne even on slow days still having a grouper on WC, Goliath, and Thunderbolt. I mean, really, the line is about a 10 min wait and they wont let you wait for a a specific row. unbelievable.

Ever heard of asking? Goliath will allow you to wait, and some attendants will allow you to wait on Wi-Cy also. Same with Batman.

Can anyone verify that the batman dark knight floorless coaster is included on flash pass still? The six flags app, the website, and the mobile purchasing page all do not have it listed as one of the rides. Going on Saturday and would be a let down if it's not included.

Can anyone verify that the batman dark knight floorless coaster is included on flash pass still? The six flags app, the website, and the mobile purchasing page all do not have it listed as one of the rides. Going on Saturday and would be a let down if it's not included.

Yes it is. I'm pretty sure somebody asked on here a while ago and emailed the park, and it was confirmed. Also, I was there last week and used a flash pass on it.

I can confirm Batman is on FP, I hit it twice in a row Today with it.

BTW, I finally got on the orange train of WC a couple of times towards the end of the day and I can confirm it does have a very odd strong vibration. The difference between the orange and blue train is significant. The blue ran much smoother and faster.

I'll have a detailed TR plus some photos tonight or tomorrow.

SFNE 6/25:

Wicked Cyclone: 9x

Bizarro: 10x

Batman: 2x

NESS: 2x

Typhoon: 2x

Bonzai: 1x

Thunderbolt: 1x

Scream:1x

Pandemonium: 1x

Gotham City Gauntlet: 1x

Mind Eraser: 1x

Goliath: 1x

Wicked Cyclone: As I mentioned yesterday, incredible ride. After 7 more laps today, I'd have to say it is tied with El Toro as my #1 overall. On its strongest rides, like my last ride in the front row after it rained pretty heavily, it is the greatest coaster I have ever ridden. Relentless, smooth, insane ejector and great variety of elements. I did, however, discover the tempermental nature that has divided enthusiasts during its first month of operation. The blue train was phenomenal, but the orange train was vibrating badly and gave a more sluggish experience. Because of this, it just tied El Toro for me, and didn't edge it out. Then again, my home park homerism might be getting the best of me. Either way, WC is unbelievable.

Bizarro: Once again, it was hauling today. Also once again, operations were terrible, with operators/attendants fooling around and coming across as immature. I finally got in a ride in the back, and noticed lots of rattling in all the valleys. It also reminded me of what I said 11 years ago...this is one of the few airtime machines that delivers much stronger forces in the first 2 rows. Something new I noticed with the botch-trains are how uncomfortable the headrests can be on the shoulders during strong lateral force moments. Despite the obvious need for re-transformation, the ride kicked major a$$.

Goliath: How in the holy hell did SFNE manage to butcher one of Vekoma's best designs this badly?!? I rode Deja Vu at SFGAm back in 2006 and had a very enjoyable ride. This was just unbelievably bad. The runs through the station and the valley between the vertical loop and cobra roll almost felt and sounded like a train wreck. It's a damn shame because this ride is quite fun and thrilling under normal circumstances. Yet, this was the 3rd coaster at this park I noticed having some signifant train issues.

NESS: Having a skyscreamer at GAdv, I knew what to expect from this ride, but the 200ft difference definitely turns a fun/slightly unnerving experience into a thrilling/very unnerving experience. The view is beautiful from up top, especially with the bird's eye view of WC ripping through it's course right down below.

Batman: Fun floorless coaster. It's still my 2nd least favorite floorless, but it is sort of unique in its compactness and lack of MCBR. Also, besides Talon it has my favorite color scheme of any coaster in the world. Makes me hate the nasty schoolbus yellow of my homepark's B:TR.

Thunderbolt: For its age it runs beautifully. Very smooth for a wooden coaster and has some nice pops of air in certain spots. The 1 train ops are brutal, though, even with my flash pass.

Mind Eraser: Garbage. Even by SLC standards, garbage. Also, it won the Nitro1118 award for most disinterested op's of the year.

Scream: Been a long time since I caught an S&S tower on combo mode. Loved it, especially since I've gotten used to the airtime-less Zumanjaro. Of course it's not as forceful as a Larson, but these things always deliver a very solid ride.

Random notes:

-As I said yesterday, SFNE is a very pretty park riddled by poor operations. On Pandemonium, I encountered an employee who answered my "How are you?" with "I wanna go home." With that said, she was putting that gloom aside and did show some energy, while many of the employees felt so disinterested. The employees at games were not engaging employees at all, ride op's were constantly talking to only themselves, and the op at NESS got pretty snippy with me at one point as well. Hats off to the WC team, though, as they showed some personality and enjoyment while working.

-Speaking of operations, the procedures on the coasters is very irritating. On every coaster they wait until basically every guest is off the platform before opening the air gates, which slows things down immensely. On WC this is compounded by the team making 2 separate runs to check seat belts and lap bars. On Bizarro I believe they made 2 runs, but at least you could lower your own lap bar.

-Story time...So, normally I am very careful with my loose articles on rides. I keep everything in buttoned pockets and never have issues. Today we hit HH after a quick ride on WC, and did not fork over the crazy charge of $14 for a "small" locker. So, I took the car key off my GF's keychain and put it in my bathing suit's velcro pocket...big mistake. On the trap door waterslide it slipped out of my pocket, and after 1.5 hours of searching and pinballing between different customer service buildings, I had to pay $80 for a locksmith to make us new keys. Lesson learned- NEVER be too careful with loose articles and don't be cheap on vacation!!!

-The platinum flash pass is amazing! Even though it wasn't very busy today, the slow ride op's and low capacity of many of the coasters made it a no-brainer. Due to the car fiasco, we didn't even get 6 hours of use out of it, yet still got on a ton of rides. Had we not taken food and rest breaks, and used the double-ride option on every coaster possible, our count would have been through the roof.

-Overall, had a terrific time! What a 1-2 punch this park has with WC and Bizarro. My thighs are borderline bruised from the 200+ moments of ejector I had on those 2 rides over 1.5 days. If they didn't butcher 2 of their coasters with terrible trains, and made a strong initiative to improve operations, the park would among my favorites. It is frustrating when you have the pieces to be great but can't use all the tools on your belt. Unfortunately, this is an chain-wide issue, as I find out every year at GAdv.

Some pics I quickly shot while on the move today...

20150625_134610.thumb.jpg.6331eef9ef6553ee7a250ac346929a92.jpg

20150625_135917.thumb.jpg.26f42609015b3d9f9d57db8eec0bb10c.jpg

20150625_142144.thumb.jpg.8cd0b6ada36a4cc0e880ea05da113e39.jpg

20150625_150059.thumb.jpg.f515ed0ca16d27cf5302b32197806663.jpg

20150625_150115.thumb.jpg.83dfe775d5ecd91607d5cbbd85684593.jpg

20150625_151627.thumb.jpg.fa812864621d018948c8264ac87110a3.jpg

20150625_152947.thumb.jpg.82271242b65675eeeb9238c7eaf7a40a.jpg

20150625_153019.thumb.jpg.c4eea198984abe982a53550dac76d306.jpg

20150625_155648.thumb.jpg.57fd81273851c54eaba73e49f594b9a9.jpg

20150625_161340.thumb.jpg.79d53f65cebbcafb5f29f43f557d7531.jpg

20150625_164724.thumb.jpg.6102af69e908cd4cab23904a36705788.jpg

20150625_164818.thumb.jpg.46d91dd8d000e693788586b0609e3ca7.jpg

20150625_164929.thumb.jpg.f81d542645a2a7b0a87ed0389f84b090.jpg

20150625_192515_2_bestshot.thumb.jpg.d69a0ab95093ccbced8ade2f0d61fb01.jpg

20150625_152857.thumb.jpg.e8e5cbc3705dc6a9286bad373197608d.jpg

20150625_171150.thumb.jpg.c68c79fadf733e05451bcdea75aa4d89.jpg

20150625_195606.thumb.jpg.91a9210fb193a21c9e9d4dfa04fba7d3.jpg

^^this year bizarro has had some really good days where it is not sluggish at all. When it's not a full train/hot day it gets really bad though.

Seems so. It was hauling when I last rode it to the point of being reasonably comparable to its S:RoS days, but it was always full and on a fairly hot day.

In a couple of weeks I will be taking a work related trip to Boston and I was hoping to run to SFNE for a few hours if I get free on Monday 7/6. How are the crowds during the week? Will a fast pass be needed? Thanks

If you're going during the week, you may actually be able to get away with not purchasing a Flash Pass. Unless there's more than a couple church youth groups or outreach programs having outings, the crowds will be quite sparse. Also, if you're driving from Boston, there WILL be tolls if you want to get there in a timely fashion. You can take back roads to avoid them, but it'll add a fairly significant amount of time onto the drive.

^Thanks for that as I was about to ask a similar question.

I believe the plan for us is to go Monday, July 13th and we had thought about getting the PP until we were sticker-shocked on their website. I know it would be worth it for someone that's never been, but other than WC and Bizarro, we have been on all of the other meh/horrible coasters they have there.

If I could get two rides on each of those two coasters, I would call it a good day.

Sorry, but did they keep the skyride towers and just close the ride itself? I see what looks like them in one of the trip report pictures. (I don't really have the time to read back through the thread to find an earlier answer)

Sorry, but did they keep the skyride towers and just close the ride itself? I see what looks like them in one of the trip report pictures. (I don't really have the time to read back through the thread to find an earlier answer)

Yeah, they removed the ride/ cables but kept at least 1 tower (probably all, didn't pay much attention on my trip).