TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I would pay a very substantial sum of money to ride Bizarro how it used to be. Last year it felt like riding in a shopping cart over asphalt. Even if they kept the restraints how they are and tightened up the trains so they rode like they're supposed to, I would be satisfied. Honestly I want to ride WC very badly, but I feel very little desire to return to the park otherwise.

I would pay a very substantial sum of money to ride Bizarro how it used to be. Last year it felt like riding in a shopping cart over asphalt. Even if they kept the restraints how they are and tightened up the trains so they rode like they're supposed to, I would be satisfied. Honestly I want to ride WC very badly, but I feel very little desire to return to the park otherwise.

It still blows my mind that a coaster can be voted the #1 steel coaster in the world for three straight years and for some reason the park decided to change it. I'm holding out hope that the new trains will be similar to the old ones, but with MA banning T-bar restraints hopefully they can find a good alternative.

I regret to report that Goliath is in fact very rough. It could have been just a bad day but when I took a spin on Goliath it felt like driving down the back toads of Texas in a shopping cart. I can also say the rattle on bizarro is more pronounced than in previous years. It's still a great ride, but I just hope they replace the trains soon...

I would pay a very substantial sum of money to ride Bizarro how it used to be. Last year it felt like riding in a shopping cart over asphalt. Even if they kept the restraints how they are and tightened up the trains so they rode like they're supposed to, I would be satisfied.

I feel like simply removing the audio equipment and replacing the missing row of seats would make the coaster feel worlds better than it does now.

I would pay a very substantial sum of money to ride Bizarro how it used to be. Last year it felt like riding in a shopping cart over asphalt. Even if they kept the restraints how they are and tightened up the trains so they rode like they're supposed to, I would be satisfied.

I feel like simply removing the audio equipment and replacing the missing row of seats would make the coaster feel worlds better than it does now.

I've seen POVs of Bizarro, and personally I think the on-board audio is a good touch. But I agree with replacing the missing row of seats. What it really needs is new restraints. That would make it feel worlds better.

Bizarro seems to be running better this year than in the past few years. Though it still isn't where it was as Superman or it's first year as Bizarro. In all honesty, while the restraints are worse than the T bars, I don't really mind them. My bigger gripe is how the audio seems to have slowed the train down.

My bigger gripe is how the audio seems to have slowed the train down.

Doesn't the audio system add an insane amount of weight to the trains, even with the one row of seats removed?

Well Wicked Cyclone is absolutely amazing, and the operations are absolutely atrocious. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. They somehow got WORSE than they were before the RMC overhaul. Surprise, surprise, SFNE.

My bigger gripe is how the audio seems to have slowed the train down.

Doesn't the audio system add an insane amount of weight to the trains, even with the one row of seats removed?

What I always assumed was that it's not just the weight of the speakers, but where that weight is placed. They make the trains very top-heavy, all that extra weight is as far above the track as possible. Any vibration from the track travels up through the seats to this massive counterweight at the top. Think about leverage, doesn't it make sense that that would be a huge part of why the trains rattle around so much? Regardless, all of the added vibration equals lost energy as the train goes through the course, meaning a slower ride. Personally I would think that would make a bigger difference than increased drag, though both may have an effect.

Well Wicked Cyclone is absolutely amazing, and the operations are absolutely atrocious. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. They somehow got WORSE than they were before the RMC overhaul. Surprise, surprise, SFNE.

The park opened an hour ago. Operations in that ride have been great. And to check restraints on this train is hard enough. The crew has been awesome since it opened.

I just got to my motel room after spending the day at SFNE. Wicked Cyclone was absolutely amazing, both in the front and in the back. I was able to snag four rides on it thanks to my Platinum Flash Pass. I also thoroughly enjoyed Bizarro. The only coaster I rode that I wish I hadn't is Mind Eraser. I rode that in the back and I'm surprised my shoulders don't have bruises. I didn't ride Goliath or Flashback because I'm not a fan of Vekoma shuttle coasters. I really wish my home park (SFGAdv) would add a coaster like Pandemonium. I really enjoyed that coaster.

All in all, I had a fun day.

Third to last ride of the night on Wicked Cyclone confirms that the operations and attitude of (some of) the workers was terrible from open to close. When your park has the worst customer service of the Six Flags chain by a mile, it says a ton. And my home park is SFA, I've seen a lot.