TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Cyclone was running insanely amazing today, got an awesome ride at night as well. Definitely my favorite steel coaster.

Also the ride is running steel/nylon wheels until the paint wears away, then it will run urethane/nylon.

They were allowing unlimited FP access today. One guy marathoned it all day long thru flashpass, we'd see him go buy us two or three times for each of our rides. One of my group sat next to him around 6pm and he mentioned he was on ride 25. Now, this was a gold pass preview day, so no guarantee this will be the policy for standard public operation, but I strongly suspect it will be.

That was probably me. I can confirm from the Flash Pass office that the policy for the season is unlimited FP access for Platinum only, but no double rides.

^^^^What exactly is it about the airtime that you found underwhelming? I'm sort of confused, because I've been on skyrush and el toro enough time to know what ejector airtime feels like, and I was still caught off guard with the intensity of the airtime on some of the hills.

Wicked Cyclone is literally getting me so excited with all of these positive reviews!! So I'm planning to go hopefully in the beginning of July on a weekday. Does anyone know how crowded that will be? Obviously I'm going to get there as early as I can so my first priority is WC, but It would be nice to know how bad the crowds would be the rest of the day. (Probably going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.) thanks!

I don't understand how Cedar Fair can sit back and watch all these awesome RMC coasters go up and not join in. Guess they're too busy planning their next wing coasters

Yeah, I've been thinking the same!

Only thing I can imagine is they already are joining in, just got to the party late, and we'll be seeing the CF RMCs sprout up soon. I saw somewhere RMC supposedly has requests until 2018 already! So I'm hoping CF is involved!

We all want that Mean Streak conversion! In no limits I started tinkering with some out there ideas like a launch during the ride. (I could see RMC making the first launch coaster) If I ever find a way to not suck at no limits I'd post it here and maybe submit it to Alan to look at

They were allowing unlimited FP access today. One guy marathoned it all day long thru flashpass, we'd see him go buy us two or three times for each of our rides. One of my group sat next to him around 6pm and he mentioned he was on ride 25. Now, this was a gold pass preview day, so no guarantee this will be the policy for standard public operation, but I strongly suspect it will be.

That was probably me. I can confirm from the Flash Pass office that the policy for the season is unlimited FP access for Platinum only, but no double rides.

You mean by double rides that you can't stay in the seat and ride again, or can't get off the ride and re-enter the FP queue?

^I'm certain he means you just can't stay in your seat for an immediate reride.

^^^^What exactly is it about the airtime that you found underwhelming? I'm sort of confused, because I've been on skyrush and el toro enough time to know what ejector airtime feels like, and I was still caught off guard with the intensity of the airtime on some of the hills.

"Underwhelming" implies an emotionally disappointed response, which I most certainly did not feel: The airtime (which was all over the course) perfectly complemented the rest of the experience. I'm not of the camp that believes the craziest, most sudden airtime is the absolute be-all, end-all of a ride. And no, I didn't feel Skyrush or Toro air, and that was just fine with me.

Maybe I was too belted/stapled in to get the full effect ... maybe the seats I got weren't the airtime sweet spots ... maybe the three Aleve I took to knock down a 100 fever and sore throat numbed my senses...? Who knows. Just my impression.

I would prefer that the takeaway from my review be: This thing is glorious, I have NO complaints or disappointments about the ride experience itself, and EVERYONE needs to get in a car or on a plane or boat and get on this thing!

Got down to the park for a couple hours after work yesterday. Got two rides on cyclone. Unfortunately I was shooed to the middle on both rides. Would love to get a back seat ride to really try to compare it to el toro, skyrush, and bizarro. But this rode absolutely delivers from start to finish. There isn't a single second of let-up after it leaves the lift. Incredible.

I also went to check out Goliath after seeing the reviews of a smoother ride. I was very disappointed to find it wasn't really all that much better. It's not quite as bad as last year but still not even close to the old trains. Still the only coaster I've ever been on that's hurt my back and it still was bad enough last night to do so.

Nice! My only concern about the ride was given it's good length, and that it's not super fast, it may feel like it's really slowed up by the end but everyone has said it still is moving good at the end and has a great pace, which is big for me.

Nice! My only concern about the ride was given it's good length, and that it's not super fast, it may feel like it's really slowed up by the end but everyone has said it still is moving good at the end and has a great pace, which is big for me.

The ride NEVER lets up. It's balls to the wall insane the entire time.

Amazing. I like to keep expectations tempered but I really would be shocked if this doesn't end up my new #1. It seems to have everything, forces in every way, smooth, great layout and great pace. I am stoked to ride. Deff going on a weekday, want to try and avoid crowds much as possible.

I am thinking May 29, if it'd be possible for anyone to join I'll be there!

Basically this. The POVs make it look like it peters out when it most certainly does not. The thing hauls from start to finish and does not let up AT ALL.

Nice! Good, I love a relentless ride. Well, no other ways to say I'm beyond excited. And again, if anyone can get/have off Friday the 29th, last second I know, that is when I'm going.

Praying crowds are decent given its a weekday with school still in, some are going on a weekend but I just can't risk that. I know the park is generally not too crowded but I see that changing now

I got to ride again today, and idk what happened but this ride is not what it was at media day. It screeched all through the course and seems like it lost a lot of speed. The first and last outward banked hill used to be equal intensity, but now the first is not even as strong as toro, and the second is barely ejector at all. Relatively sluggish at the end. I can confirm that the wheels are still nylon. Not sure whats going on but I hope it gets faster than it was running today. Still a fun ride with good airtime but not bizarro smashing top 5 like it was media day.

I got to ride again today, and idk what happened but this ride is not what it was at media day. It screeched all through the course and seems like it lost a lot of speed. The first and last outward banked hill used to be equal intensity, but now the first is not even as strong as toro, and the second is barely ejector at all. Relatively sluggish at the end. I can confirm that the wheels are still nylon. Not sure whats going on but I hope it gets faster than it was running today. Still a fun ride with good airtime but not bizarro smashing top 5 like it was media day.

That's odd, did you ride in the morning? Full train? etc; Cause even the great El Toro isn't at it's best til it has had it's morning coffee lol

Area folks: as a Boston transplant, I'm wondering when most public schools in MA and the areas near the park get out. More specifically, I'm wondering if the week of June 15th (somewhere between that Monday and Thursday) would be a good time to visit the park or whether it's likely to be slammed by school groups nearing the end of the school year. Thanks!

I rode it Friday morning and there is nothing i can say that others have not. Great ride, the first outwardly banked turn was just insane,the second outward hill was intense but not as intense as the first. Were you sitting near the same spot? Near the front and back had crazy airtime but the middle was a little less crazy. It could be the media day hype that helped bolster your opinion. Different train perhaps? Idk, but all I know is the ride I rode Friday morning was phenomenal and everyone should make it up there asap to ride it.

I was at media day with the same person who I was with today in the same row and same train as that day, and we both agreed there was a difference. Its possible that both of us are wrong though. Another spot I remember distinctly was the airtime entering the brakes in the back being mild ejector whereas it was hardly floater today. Really hope my mind isn't playing games with me and that this speeds back up to what intensity level I remember it being at.

^ That would also explain the difference in our (yours vs mine) initial perceptions of the airtime, so I'm thinking you're on track. I did hear lots of screeching Friday as well, worsening in the PM. I didn't think it lost much at the end of the course, but I can't compare to media day ...