TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

First off, I want to thank SFNE for throwing such an awesome event! I couldn't have asked for a better time!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432212360.307286.thumb.jpg.6cc68dac4dc7392f603d27a3640fc379.jpg

Secondly, the ride itself is absolutely amazing. So much airtime, it never lets up until you hit the brake run! And it may be one of, if not the smoothest coaster I've been on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432212297.378766.thumb.jpg.4beabe62835aa03ff879d836664e788c.jpg

Lastly, I spotted a "loose" in the wild! But I absolutely love the theming in the station & queue. It really ties everything together quite nicely.

Awesome to hear that Wicked Cyclone is running as amazing as it looks! It really is incredible how RMC are transforming aging wooden coasters into masterpieces!

I don't know, this seems like more of a "brand new coaster that just happened to be on the same footprint" rather than a "transformation".

If Goliath's new train is really that much smoother then this park has an amazing 1,2,3 punch with Bizarro, Goliath and Wicked Cyclone. Throw in Batman, Thunderbolt and Pandemonium and that's a serious lineup of great coasters!

Here is the question; give your reason for why you chose the answer. Bizarro or Wicked Cyclone?

Why do you have to "choose?" Isn't it just ok knowing that the park has two OMFG TOTALLY KICK A$$ TOP FIVE roller coasters???

Seriously, I've just never understood this mentality of roller coaster enthusiasts of why you have to "choose" one or the other.

I had so many people ask me to "Cyclone or Bizarro...CHOOSE ONE!" and it was so annoying to be honest....

So if I have to choose, I choose... BOTH!

Because they are both FREAKING AWESOME!

NO NO NO NO! You HAVE to have a favorite in the park and you HAVE to have an accurately maintained "Top 10" list that you spend way too much time thinking about, instead of just liking some coasters and disliking others!!! Then when you ride a new coaster you have to post "This may be my new #1 "

I pity people who are overly concerned with excessive credit counting and ranking.

Quick question, I'm not sure if it's been posted anywhere, but I haven't seen it. I'm super tall...and the park doesn't let me ride Bizzaro, Mind Eraser, or Goliath (it's beyond annyoing)...is there a height restriction for this ride? If not, I'll definitely be making my way up to the park to check it out, as it's only 30 mins away.

Thanks!

Wicked Cyclone looks awesome. It and Bizarro give me two good reasons to visit SFNE in the future. I guess I'll have to plan a Boston trip in the future or an New England trip and have this be a part of it.

I was lucky enough to attend Media Day for The Lawrence Eagle Tribune and SFNE has hit one so far out of the park with this project that the ball landed in England.

I have yet to experience another RMC aside from this one but have ridden nearly 200 coasters and this is right at the top of the list. From the chain to brake run you are hit with one amazing element after another, and every one of those is taken with authority. Glass smooth, comfortable trains, and beautiful to behold, this is a legend in the making. There are some seriously good coasters within a (long) day's drive of my house but every once in awhile one opens that leaves you shaking with excitement on the brake run. Something that makes someone like me and most of this site's members giddy with excitement. Something that you can say "Hell yes, I WILL get up at 2:00 AM and drive 14 hours to ride and do it again and again". For me, that list was I-305, EL Toro, Skyrush, Maverick, and Montu. Balls to the wall intensity and bests of their kind. This is on that level and 2 hours from my home so I couldn't be happier.

In my interview with the park's management I told them that it was as if they said "Let's take the best parts from some of the World's best coasters and throw them all in one layout: Millennnium Force's opening in smaller form, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit double down, El Toro's Rolling Thunder crossover hill twice on two of the INSANE banked airtime hills inside the structure, and NTG's "magic carpet" ending on the final run to the station. Even walking through the queue is a joy since you can see the fine craftsmanship in the project and photograph the awesome structure.

I rode close to 20 times and every row was excellent. My personal favorite was back car first row due to the power of the drop, and extreme air off the crests. Despite the extreme intensity it is also a very reirideable coaster and I have a pretty good way of explaining why:

My last coaster was Skyrush. On May 25 2012. I was lucky enough to be one of the first 24 and got the back car outside left seat. Needless to say, that was the most epic ride of my life. A month later I ruptured a disc in my back and spent the summer on my living room floor. I went to the event yesterday and honestly wondered if my first ride on Wicked Cyclone would be my final lap on a coaster. One marathon session later, I felt great and my passion for this hobby has been reborn.

I will be doing an article of this for 10 newspapers and the closing line will probably be 'Those of you in the Northeast, gas up your car and drive. Those elsewhere, go online.....book a flight, and do it now".

Extra highlights:

Achievement Unlocked 500G: Meeting Robb Alvey. We have been going to theme parks all over the Eastern/Midwest US for over a decade and always told my wife that someday we would run into him. The man is cool as hell in person and took a few seconds to talk with us near the ride entrance.

Meeting Alan Schilke: Another awesome moment. I talked with him several times in the station and he couldn't be more down to Earth. People of all ages were congratulating him on this project and he must have been in 500 selfies that day. On one of my rides in the back car he was in the row behind and at the brake run I leaned over and jokingly said " I think you just put Intamin out of business with this one" and he smiled. (Please let that never happen of course)

Marathoning a legit top 5 coaster: This will not be an easy feat to accomplish in the future because this coaster is going to draw like no tomorrow and be a massive success for the park.

Riding the New England Skyscreamer: Awesome ride, and extra thrilling in high winds. I will definitely hit this a few times on each visit.

Here are a few shots that I took, with some filters applied for dramatic effect.

11240084_10206163825162230_3932397636211522625_o.jpg

10989423_10206163826202256_6342004781518339996_o.jpg

11265583_10206163826922274_4964030833565817005_o.jpg

11312740_10206163828602316_1375769956485253452_o.jpg

10985293_10206163830522364_258226113853046130_o.jpg

11009355_10206163844482713_8842179182431319747_o.jpg

Awesome to hear that Wicked Cyclone is running as amazing as it looks! It really is incredible how RMC are transforming aging wooden coasters into masterpieces!

I don't know, this seems like more of a "brand new coaster that just happened to be on the same footprint" rather than a "transformation".

I agree. I find it very amusing when people try to directly compare it to the former ride saying "that was so much smoother than the 'old' one" and being all suprised XD..

I must say, I was a bit underwhelmed by the layout of the coaster while it was under construction but seeing the POV of this thing in action is INSANE. That's what I get for judging a book by its cover. I'm dying to ride it. Too bad it's on the other side of the country from me.

Holy crapolza, thanks for rekindling my hype in this, Robb. I'm quite amazed at how fast the ride manages to feel without being so big, likely thanks in part to the tight turns.

I'll always be sad that I never rode the original Riverside Cyclone, but I'll be stoked whenever I can ride this.

Holy crapolza, thanks for rekindling my hype in this, Robb. I'm quite amazed at how fast the ride manages to feel without being so big, likely thanks in part to the tight turns.

I'll always be sad that I never rode the original Riverside Cyclone, but I'll be stoked whenever I can ride this.

I totally get it, the history of it and all but you weren't missing much!

Amazing how this went from a slow, boring and decrepit coaster to the perfect one. I still can't get over it's pacing even at the end, despite it's length and not super fast top speed, and I love the layout. Really hoping it won't be super crowded during the weekday. I'm thinking Fri the 29th, a pure WC riding day ha

Was able to ride this during media day...all I can say is wow, not another coaster on this planet can give you the experience this coaster gives. Non-stop adrenaline throughout the whole ride. Can't wait to ride this all summer. Also had a conversation with Robb about it after we rode and he had nothing but good things to say. Really nice guy and happy I could meet him.

IMG_8091.thumb.jpg.b4230aebb44c2bd71203952d20cad016.jpg

I will be at the park on the 31st. My last trip to SFNE was fantastic, but I could help but feel like the park needed one more heavy-hitter. It sounds like WC is exactly what the park needed. I hope this ride sets off a RMC steel coaster craze. Right now they are batting 1000, something not even B&M could say.

When it was announced I knew that this was THE coaster of 2015 but when the first actual POV emerged it just looked great and not as amazing to me as before. Then mediaday happens, Robb posts a new POV and other footage of reverse-POV's shows up and BAM!, it looks as fantastic as I first thought again. I seriously can not wait to get on this. I want it to be June right now.