TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Can I just be the first to say that Boobs are the best way to show negative g's. If it weren't for the cutaways and POV shots, I would have never noticed there was a rollercoaster in this video.

I would have loved to have seen more airtime. For science purposes..

I'm going to have a very hard time sleeping tonight. I got a hotel room 5 miles from the park so I don't have to drive very far in the morning for Media Day.

I am beyond excited!!!

Im excited for you! I don't have the time to get out for all these new coasters but it's still exciting seeing all of them open and seeing all the good reviews poor in. I have a feeling Wicked Cyclone is gonna get about the same response as TC, which looks amazing:)

Have a blast and we can't wait to here your report!

Can I just be the first to say that Boobs are the best way to show negative g's. If it weren't for the cutaways and POV shots, I would have never noticed there was a rollercoaster in this video.

I would have loved to have seen more airtime. For science purposes..

Yeah gotta love science

Seriously, this looks like an incredible ride! I must also say that I think the grey support structure looks quite good now that it's all complete.

Not only does this ride look great, but it is also really refreshing to see something not themed to a superhero. Can't wait to get on this thing next month.

While I'm beyond excited and happy about Justice League: Battle For Metropolis, I find that most coasters with super hero theming come off as lazy or just tacky. So while I love my comic book characters, I completely agree! The theming on Wicked Cyclone takes such a common ride name (Cyclone) literally and it looks to be paying off! Definitely a unique theme and some of the best in the chain! All this on top of being an amazing coaster on its own!

Just watched a full ridercam POV and it looks great. Full of airtime and funky elements. It's amazing what they could do with a ride of this size.

Yeah I'll wait for actual POVs but I was also shocked from the bits we've seen the pace it seems to carry, even near the end, and the forcefulness it moves through those whacky bits

Just watched a full ridercam POV and it looks great. Full of airtime and funky elements. It's amazing what they could do with a ride of this size.

i counted 12 definite good airtime moments! rob just uploaded his awesome POV.

I was there for media day and rode twice in the back row. I actually wasn't expecting much but.. the ride was absolutely insane. The intensity and pacing seems to increase all the way to the brake run, and this is before it has even been opened to the public, on a relatively cold day, without having much time to break in. STILL, each of the airtime hills, notably the outward banked ones, have El toro Cross over hill airtime intensity. The rolls all have a really satisfying whip leading in, slow motion hang-time in the middle where they seem to stall, and then accelerate out with a forceful twist. I think that these extended hang-time maneuvers are a great way to for them to get a a nice long lasting airtime sensation amidst the constraints a compact layout. People worried about the end dragging on, I had the exact same worry. It was completely blown away by the whole ride from start to finish.

I was talking to someone who said that it is just a hair behind Medusa Steel coaster, which to me just proves how good it really is..

When is the public opening date for this?

I may go on a weekday, ASAP while school is still in session, and marathon this thing. Go solely to squeeze as many as I can on this, then go with friends/others another time to do the park.

This ride was running in fairly cool weather, without having broken in much, still sort of squeaking around some of the turns and such. It was already running at such intensity. I'm almost nervous to try this in the summer when it is completely warmed up and broken in.

Wish Gwazi was given the RMC treatment. With all the success of these other rides conversions I can't fathom why Busch Gardens won't even consider that rouite with Gwazi. Anyway Wicked Cyclone looks like a winner and congrats to Six Flags for really taking these to the next level.

^Any wooden coaster that ha become too rough to be enjoyable should get this treatment (I'm thinking of coaster express at Warner Madrid as it's not too far from where I live)