TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I can't wait for the summer. This is going to be one amazing fucking ride.

Also, I hope they ditch the Bizarro gimmick on S:ROS soon. I hate the trains with the non-functional speakers (that tend to pull hair out of my head, being 6'1'") and almost none of the special effects that were slated to be used are in use anymore. The speakers are superfluous and do not work. I think they should simply revert it.

Also, I hope they ditch the Bizarro gimmick on S:ROS soon. I hate the trains with the non-functional speakers (that tend to pull hair out of my head, being 6'1'") and almost none of the special effects that were slated to be used are in use anymore. The speakers are superfluous and do not work. I think they should simply revert it.

Granted the speakers have been almost exclusively non-operational in recent years, but to be fair and up-to-date, they are working again this season (or ... they at least were in mid-April).

Granted the speakers have been almost exclusively non-operational in recent years, but to be fair and up-to-date, they are working again this season (or ... they at least were in mid-April).

When I was there on the 25th, one train had audio working out of the 2. Although I rode in the other train both my rides so I can't speak to the quality. I could hear the bizarro #1 song from the break run however.

^Haha, both trains' speakers were apparently working on the 15th. I was out of the country but my partners were there and are certain of it.

At that rate, they may already both be down again.

I think the special effects have over stayed their welcome. They detract from the ride's experience. Like, imagine if I305 decided to change color scheme, and add speakers that played terrible audio some of the time.

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I think the special effects have over stayed their welcome. They detract from the ride's experience. Like, imagine if I305 decided to change color scheme, and add speakers that played terrible audio some of the time.

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I'm not being sarcastic in the sense that I hate the superfluous special effects on Bizarro. I meant that, in their own right, both I305 and Bizarro are amazing coasters, and I have ridden both countless times.

But what I meant was, if they added special effects, changed the theme of I305, etc, it would seem, at the very least, rather gimmicky.

Like if they changed it from Intimidator 305 to Gordon 305, changed the color scheme to his colors, put his number as scenery throughout the ride, and added speakers that consisted of a soundtrack of interviews of Gordon over explosions and a rock soundtrack, you would be scratching your head.

My point being, is that a roller coaster shouldn't have to invoke a sense of excitement FOR you. It should come the person experiencing the ride. I know that's rather quasi-philosophical, but it's true. The design and layout of a coaster should be enjoyed as they were intended, which is not the case for S:RoS. If you incorporate special effects into a ride's initial design, then more power to you. But don't mess with a ride that wasn't broken to begin with.

if they changed it from Intimidator 305 to Gordon 305, changed the color scheme to his colors, put his number as scenery throughout the ride, and added speakers that consisted of a soundtrack of interviews of Gordon over explosions and a rock soundtrack, you would be scratching your head.

I wouldn't as long as the actual ride experience stayed the same, but thanks for speaking in my behalf.

But my point is that the special effects HAVE changed the ride experience of S:RoS because the trains now rattle far more than they would have with the old trains. I did not mean to speak on your behalf; I think I meant more along the lines of "People might be scratching their heads" but my point stays the same. The transitions that were smooth and enjoyable when it was S:RoS have now been changed to a noticeable degree since the inception of Bizarro.

I guess my point isn't making much sense to anyone other than myself, so I might as well shut up.

I was at the park today. I spoke with the FlashPass crew and confirmed how Wicked Cyclone will work with the Platinum FlashPass.

It will be Platinum-exclusive, allow unlimited rides, but no double rides. You'll have to reserve it again each time.

I'd post images, but I didn't take any photos...

and added speakers that consisted of a soundtrack of interviews of Gordon over explosions and a rock soundtrack

It might be the 6 pack I just finished, but this might be one of the funniest things Ive ever read on TPR.

I was at the park today. I spoke with the FlashPass crew and confirmed how Wicked Cyclone will work with the Platinum FlashPass.

It will be Platinum-exclusive, allow unlimited rides, but no double rides. You'll have to reserve it again each time.

This is awesome news -- do you happen to know if the prices posted include tax or not?