TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Don't you guys think it's a bit early to declare this the best ride in the world? lol

I'm not saying it will or it won't be but it hasn't even finished construction.

Oh it absolutely is too early.

But I know for a FACT this will be better all the other RMC coasters, including Twisted Colossus.

And no, I haven't ridden any RMC coasters. But trust me. I know. I post on TPR, DUH!

I'm actually slightly impressed that they're painting it.

I shouldn't be, but that's about where my expectations are for this park. So kudos to them lol.

No, that's a legit big deal!

Great Adventure literally painted half of the rides one year, like the side of the railing/walkway you see was painted, look over the edge...completely crappy and untouched

Don't you guys think it's a bit early to declare this the best ride in the world? lol

Who's declaring it #1? I'm sure it will be a serious contender though. It seems to have every element coaster enthusiasts look for. So unless the POV is greatly exaggerated (which usually RMC animations play down their rides a bit, look at Medusa's animated pov... no where near as intense as the ride turned out to be) I doubt this will be ranked anywhere outside the top 3 on Mitch's and Golden Ticket.

In other news they're wasting more money trying to fix this terrible train on Goliath so they don't look stupid when all they need to do is just put the old one that was perfect back on. Here are the new restraints which are very similar to the old ones but now have grab bars for some reason.

11037709_609140835889194_7089713922299391757_n.jpg?oh=f2768b254d1ecf026aa45cdfcf76147a&oe=55DEEC82

If Goliath could run like it did a few years ago they'd have a ridiculous 1,2,3 punch with Bizarro, WC and Goliath. Instead they have a great 1,2 punch and 2 horrible boomerangs.

We need an intervention...

Six Flags New England... I'm begging you. Please. It's okay. We all do stupid things sometimes. I mean yeah, you guys do it more than most people (see Dark Knight Wild Mouse coaster building that had to be torn down... banning someone for taking a picture... those types of things) but still, stop holding onto your pride and just cut your losses. We all appreciate the effort, but every time you try putting new trains on already great coasters you screw it up. Just give up and put the old one back on like you had to 2 years ago.

I don't find Goliath all that bad, honestly. What really makes me sad about my home park SFNE is that I can no longer fit into the restraints. I have not gained any weight, and can still ride every other coaster I used to except this one. The new restraints added a little while back and last year's "one try at a push or you get walk of shamed" policy has really pissed me off considering I can't ride what used to be my favorite coaster out of the 250 I have been on. Have they done anything about this?

I hope the rumors of new trains/or restraints (as part of a possible Superman retheme, would love to see the Bizarro crap dissapear) For those who have been this year that have had difficulty with this has it been resolved?

I can literally get a green light from the test seat, but the ride ops always seem to shoo me away when I can't get the bar quite down on the first attempt. I do not want to hinder operations or make a scene so I politely walk away. When I went to guest relations to explain my frustration with the test seat, they kind of shrug their shoulders and tell me "We know, we get a lot of complaints about this." I get a nice smile and a "have a six flags day" but it mind as well be a middle finger...

Coasterbill, I'm going to go out on a limb that premier replaced them for free. I'm going to guess this because Premier wants these trains to work so they can sell more of them. The Dark Knight was 2008, get over it! The banning because of a picture was ridiculous, he got his season pass back, he's over it and you should be to. The park is trying to improve a ride experience that wasn't amazing last year. And you still freaking bash them. God damn.

RIP Goliaths rideability. We'll miss you so much. But we'll probably end up forgetting about it after getting Alzheimer's from current Goliath.

Eh, after riding the Great American Scream Machine every year for over a decade, including in my younger still not fully formed days, I'm sure my brain already has some type of dam-

What is this place again?

Coasterbill, I'm going to go out on a limb that premier replaced them for free. I'm going to guess this because Premier wants these trains to work so they can sell more of them. The Dark Knight was 2008, get over it! The banning because of a picture was ridiculous, he got his season pass back, he's over it and you should be to. The park is trying to improve a ride experience that wasn't amazing last year. And you still freaking bash them. God damn.

Lol they're trying to fix a ride that never needed fixing until they screwed it up. It was an amazing ride when they first got it. You left that part out.

And don't you think you're taking things just a bit too seriously? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And my opinion (and basically everyone else's opinion also) is that this Goliath train fiasco that's now been going on for 4 years now is an unbelievable clusterf**k that's completely unnecessary.

Lol they're trying to fix a ride that never needed fixing until they screwed it up. It was an amazing ride when they first got it. You left that part out.

When they first got they ride, they actually planned to add the train. They just weren't completed yet. And yes people are entitled to opinions, but when you just bash something about the same thing, it's being a dick. And if u don't like what SFNE does, don't go to the park. And it's also impolite to post a picture without credit.

For your own benefit I really wish you'd relax a little and stop being defensive. Learn to laugh at parks when they do stupid things and stop taking things so seriously and I think you'd enjoy this hobby a lot more. Doings things like distracting ride ops because you don't think they're sending trains out fast enough and name calling on a message board (2 things you've done just in the past week) doesn't fall in line with the entire point of the hobby. Seriously lighten up, you'll have way more fun.

For your own benefit I really wish you'd relax a little and stop being defensive. Learn to laugh at parks when they do stupid things and stop taking things so seriously and I think you'd enjoy this hobby a lot more. Doings things like distracting ride ops because you don't think they're sending trains out fast enough and name calling on a message board (2 things you've done just in the past week) doesn't fall in line with the entire point of the hobby. Seriously lighten up, you'll have way more fun.

Seriously.

Besides it's six flags! No one likes those places lol

We just have no choice.

Just like how I will drive 3 some hours up to SFNE to ride the new coaster!

Why did the park decide to change Goliath's train in the first place?

I know this park does some dumb things, but I'm sure there was a logical reason to get a new train.

It was to up the hourly capacity. It has the Same amount of seats, except they are 4 across instead of staggered. It makes it a lot less confusing to find your seat. It was a mess with the staggered v seating.

I agree while the ride was at SFMM and the first year it was at SFNE guests could not seem to figure out the seating configuration, I didn't really see the big deal in not being able to see your buddy's face if you were on a wing seat... I heard a lot of guests arguing with ride operators that they wanted to sit next to their friend, and by that I mean they insisted on being in a perfect lateral line.

I feel my question about Bizarro's restrains may be buried as this topic has taken off... Can anyone tell me if they are still very strict about pushing on the restraint if it doesnt close the first time? It is very dissapointing to not be able to ride Bizarro when I can easily go on Millennium Force and similar rides. The test seat not matching what happens in the station is quite frustrating. I love SFNE, grew up with Riverside Park... one day there were new restraints and I could not ride. I really hope this changes but in the mean time there is Wicked Cyclone.

TNT, it's not that I would expect them to jump on the bar, I worked BTMRR at Disneyland for 6 years and know all too well how larger guests expect a little help getting the bar down. The last thing I ever wanted to do was turn away a guest but sometimes I just had to apologize and offered them a readmission ticket to another ride. The bars were super giving , so much so I always worried about larger parents riding with small children, but clearly the nature of the ride is extremely different.

I moved back to Massachusetts from California at the time After the restraint change. I am 5'11 and 220 lbs, definitely not a thin person but no where near the point where I shouldn't fit on a coaster. I could always ride but needed to cross my feet and try to keep my knees low and the operator during his check would push the bar to its locked position and off we go. Sometimes this required an extra push, but they would always try. I was never uncomfortable when the bar was down all the way. I believe in 2013 or 2014 I sat down, buckled and pulled the bar down, ready for first ride of the season and the dispatcher indicated my bar needed a push as well as several other seats. They told me due to new policies at the park they could not push my bar down if I could not do it myself. So at this point I left. I was embarrassed only because I held up a train and I did not want to make that long line any longer of a wait than it had to be.

I was baffled so I tried the test seat. Every time I was given a green light. I waited in line again and was asked to get off again, at this point it would be impolite to keep getting in line and trying because I am just wasting crew and guest time. My problem isn't at all with the operators... A policy change they are following just often keeps the crew from numerous attempts to try to get someone on. I just wish they wouldn't offer a test seat I "pass" on in front of the coaster if new regulations make it not so useful.

I know safety of park guests is number one. I respect the park immensely , they are one of the cleaner, nicer themed parks in the chain and when I go the crews are always moving. It's just a bummer I can't seem to get on Bizarro anymore when rides like Millennium Force, Ride of Steel and other Intamin mega coasters are unquestionably accommodating to my body type. I don't want special treatment, I just wish I could ride my favorite coaster again, I am sure many of you would understand this. It's a great ride and sucks to have to walk by it.

I love SFNE, will be there multiple times this summer in anticipation of what looks like a new contender for one of the better coasters in the world, but there's another amazing coaster there I'd like to get on again like I always have been before.

image.jpg.da6011c274f0d640736190899da39085.jpg

Anyone else lucky enough to do Nightwing before it went? Amazing Huss Fly Away , was sad to see it go.

image.jpg.5805a4f0d6caff4bd90908e483969f6b.jpg

Ah, the good old days of red and blue...

image.jpg.f208c85bf5647cb0dbdb1615741ecf3c.jpg

I do NOT miss this thing...

image.thumb.jpg.b945b07bb6677c40a1d0babe022e9417.jpg

I miss you... But not as much as I want an RMC an hour away.

image.jpg.6e0ce6f42aa0d231970999acce26976b.jpg

Yeah I'm a bit of a chubby guy but I can't fit on Bizarro?