TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how restraints can "kill" airtime... there's very few recent coasters out there where the restraints actually allow you to float out of your seat without making contact with the lap bar or shin bar. That said, my experience with Outlaw run was that the shin bar is uncomfortable, but didn't reduce the airtime in any way. Also, it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as the Premier shin bars on Superman @ SFDK, and YOLOCoaster @ SFMM.

I didn't find them uncomfortable. In fact if anything, it might make it feel more intense since you (well at least me and I'm not incredibly tall) can't sit normally with your knees at a 90° angle to help 'brace' yourself. And unless you staple yourself into the seat you'll get a little bit of room to float in the seat.

I've never experienced coasters with shin bars to kill the airtime. I have longer legs so the restraints always reach my shins before my lap, so I still have room to float out of my seat a little. But looking at rides like El Toro, the airtime on it is ridiculous, but you are stapled into those trains with not room to move.

I just thought you might want to know this, but six flags is holding an ert for flashback on the 18th. I got the email from six flags just now and it's exclusively for pass holders. I know you guys may already know this, but I thought I might get the word out. It starts after the park opens and goes from 10:30-11:30.

I would never go to a flashback ert, that would be awful. I remember last year I went to a 2 hour ert on Pandy and Ness and it was awesome. There was nobody there but it was annoying because they needed at least 12 people to run Ness so towards the end people just left because they wouldn't run it lol. Pandy was insane too, me an my brother sat on the same side with nobody on the other, and it was spinning like crazy lol.

Anyway, here is a new pic fresh from the park!! Beautiful!!

image.jpg.91980827cd58dce584eb68042d717b95.jpg

^^ Alas, poor me is incapable of love, and although I have often found myself sexually involved with many rides (especially super loops for convenience purposes), none have caused me to be attracted and evoked a feeling inside of me to commit, which is why I still remain single, and of course, ready to mingle.

Uh, so getting this thread back on track, if anyone going to opening day today could take/post roughly 10,000 pictures of Wicked Cyclone, I, and presumably many other board members, would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance!

Personally, I'm just going for the bragging rights. If I make it off alive, I would get the same sort of machismo that could be obtained by having a fist fight with a grizzly bear and coming out the victor.

If you're tall and have a fairly thick neck, it's not that bad. If your head is between the restraints rather than above them, however... ouch.