TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I don't understand the whole "worst run park" debate there are much worse places you could go to.

The park definitely listens to our complaints as they are adding new trains to Mind Eraser instead of letting it rot there like the other parks are doing.

They make mistakes, but keep in mind that no park is perfect and they are at least trying to fix their flaws.

Then again I could just be biased towards my homepark.

^ Can you elaborate on this story about being banned for taking pictures?

I posted something around Aug20th I think. But basically I was taking pics from the road of Cyclone and was confronted by a security guard. At first he told me I was trying to hop the fence (he's telling me this with my Bizarro shirt on and SP in hand) then later he said I couldn't take pictures of their property unless I was with friends and made me delete the pictures and trespassed me for a year. Talked to two heads of security and they were clueless. Called a day or two later and they reversed it.

I think he knew I didn't do anything wrong but he was trying to cover his ass because he called someone saying he would ban me. He made a comment saying if I don't bring this trespassed paper back filled out I'm gonna be in trouble. I really wish I had a camera going the whole time, It would have been great youtube footage.

I don't understand the whole "worst run park" debate there are much worse places you could go to.

The park definitely listens to our complaints as they are adding new trains to Mind Eraser instead of letting it rot there like the other parks are doing.

They make mistakes, but keep in mind that no park is perfect and they are at least trying to fix their flaws.

They aren't adding new trains, they are refurbing the trains and adding better restraints. It will be an improvement tho.

They aren't adding new trains, they are refurbing the trains and adding better restraints. It will be an improvement tho.

Well my point was that they are the only Six Flags park currently trying to fix their SLC.

Well my point was that they are the only Six Flags park currently trying to fix their SLC.

They tried to "fix" their GIB too

Calling this place one of the worst parks is such a stretch. Im not going to sit here and say it is an amazing park but I know for a fact it isn't even close to the worst. Once Wicked Cyclone opens I'm sure i'll be seeing those same people saying how awesome it is. But thats how the cookie crumbles.

I am really glad to see them doing this RMC transformation & think that it will be a huge hit for the park.

When we visited a couple of years ago, I left with the feeling that the park needed a couple more really decent coasters or marquee attractions to make it warrant a return trip back. Kind of like our visits to La Ronde and Great Escape.

Can't say that I recall how the staff was on the day we were there, so they must not have stuck out as really good or really horrible. I remember the lines in the water park as being totally atrocious, although that could be said for most any water park on a hot day in the middle of summer!

SFNE does a lot of things wrong. Like, a LOT. And any coaster that "ranks" as well, and as consistently as Bizarro is almost certifiably "overrated".

All of which is of vastly trivial importance to me. As of this summer this park will have likely put, arguably, one of the greatest "one-two punches" in the theme park world two hours from my backyard. Hell-freakin'-yeah! As for the shortcomings of the park, they can make for reasonably humorous entertainment.

Calling this place one of the worst parks is such a stretch.

I agree, but nobody said that. I said it was one of the worst RUN parks... which it is.

Also a stretch with this.

SFNE is very temperamental. Some days are great, the others are bad or just average.

Calling this place one of the worst parks is such a stretch.

I agree, but nobody said that. I said it was one of the worst RUN parks... which it is.

Also a stretch with this.

SFNE is very temperamental. Some days are great, the others are bad or just average.

I agree with it being temperamental. My visit was extremely pleasant, I must have caught them on a good day.

I have no money until the end of school, which is when I start working again. I would love to go earlier, but I don't see it happening until about late May or June. But I usually plan for overcast days, because the crowds are usually down in both the waterpark and the actual park. Does anyone else plan it like that?

^^^Is that your own photo, or did you take it from some other site? If you took it from another site, it would be nice to know where it came from.

This is pretty exciting, anything RMC is incredible, and this train (Well, actually this whole ride) is no exception.

SFNE tweeted the picture. You should follow them

I don't think construction is completed yet. Track work is probably starting on the rolls. Most of the steel supports are in place for the remaining track I believe so could be testing around the end of April.

Is anyone else worried about the leg restraints potentially ruining the airtime of this ride? I've never been on another RMC and nobody has complained about them yet so I have confidence that it won't be too bad. But the restraints on Bizarro completely kill the airtime on that ride for me and people still seem to think it has some of the best airtime of any coaster. So I just wanna know if this fear is irrational or not. Otherwise the cars look quite beautiful!