TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Can anyone recommend me a day between may.25 and june.2 that will allow me the most rides on wicy?

Why are you assuming Wicked Cyclone will be open by then? It's a Six Flags project, expect delays.

Can anyone recommend me a day between may.25 and june.2 that will allow me the most rides on wicy?

Why are you assuming Wicked Cyclone will be open by then? It's a Six Flags project, expect delays.

SFNE just out media day invites for May 20th, so I'd except it open by Memorial Day.

All American Thrills posted a video showing off the l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ progress on t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶.̶ Wicked Cyclone!

Is this usually a busy park on weekdays the two weeks leading up to 4th of July? Will the opening of the new RMC have an impact? If someone remembers what it was like when Bizarro opened that would be great.

All American Thrills posted a video showing off the l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ progress on t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶.̶ Wicked Cyclone!

I know you hate this park but give them a f&$)ing break. It costs money to take the towers down. They took down the cables and rollers. The park is spending a lot of money this year and if there is something that they can save on which won't affect anyone, then they'll do it. Omg, can you bash on another park because your BS is kind of annoying. Everyone knows your opinion. You hate SFNE, good for you.

I know you hate this park but give them a f&$)ing break. It costs money to take the towers down.

Oh boo hoo... strangely Six Flags is pretty much the only chain not willing to spend money to remove old, unused rides that are complete eyesores. You can find isolated examples of other park chains doing it but it's not a common thing.

Omg, can you bash on another park because your BS is kind of annoying.

No thanks, I'm generally very positive when it comes to other parks and with the industry in general. I like to have fun with this hobby and I don't take things too seriously so a park has to be COMPLETE crap for me to bash it. That's why I bash Six Flags New England. It fits that criteria.

And by the way I have always been very positive about Wicked Cyclone and many of the coasters at this park (I'm a huge fan of Batman, Thunderbolt, Goliath before they ruined it and Bizarro though I do think it's overrated in it's current form). I just have serious problems with everything else the park does. I still visit the park because they have a lot of very good coasters, I just wish they had something besides coasters and 3 good flat rides, I wish their customer service wasn't abysmal and I wish they cared even a little bit about aesthetics.

I didn't mean to rant though, all I was worried about were the ridiculous looking Skyway towers and I was going for a laugh. Since you decided to make a big stink about it... there you go. I'm not going to "go bash other parks" who don't deserve it. For example... last weekend we went to Carowinds and rode Fury 325. The ride was great, they do a great job making sure everything in the park looks pristine and they spent a lot of time on a great new entry plaza and ride area / sign for Fury because they want it to look nice since they just got a brand new coaster and expected a big attendance bump (crazy concept isn't it). We had an awesome time... I'm not going to bash them, I don't have anything bad thing to say about Carowinds and I feel that way about a lot of parks. Six Flags New England on the other hand, I don't even know where to begin...

They took down the cables and rollers.

lol

I know you hate this park but give them a f&$)ing break. It costs money to take the towers down.

Oh boo hoo... strangely Six Flags is pretty much the only chain not willing to spend money to remove old, unused rides that are complete eyesores. You can find isolated examples of other park chains doing it but it's not a common thing.

Ever been to any Disney park? LOL, there are Attractions all over Disney parks that are standing and not operating in one way or another. Huge, giant, in plain view, attractions. I'm not saying its right, I'm simply saying that those things do cost money. And until you can roll that cost into another project, its difficult to justify spending that capitol. Removing something instead of making something new is hard to do. Yes, it will look nice when they eventually take down the towers, but it probably wont happen till they can afford it...

Wow, I managed to make a comment capable of unleashing the fires of grammar hell.

Also, I am a little confused as to why a certain someone is bashing Six Flags New England. This forum is generally meant for people who have an appreciation for the park. I find it a little disheartening when people point out the wrongdoings of the park management and complain about the petty problems. I understand that it's just an opinion, but there is no need to ruin other peoples opinion of the park. I for one have been really happy with the park and am glad to have somewhere that I can relax and have a good time. The fact that we have a park within 100 miles of most of us is a privilege. I feel as if we take it for granted at times. Again, I will respect other peoples opinions, but I think that this bashing is a little unnecessary.

Visit again this year. They've painted Pandemonium, rethemed Route 66 and made it fresh, redid concrete, enclosed the take 6 restaurant, refurbed Mind Eraser, adding new audio system and Jumbotron throughout the park, added lockers in the north end of the park, redid the emporiums floor, and that's only this year. They are one of the best SF parks. I never have a problem with service there. Maybe it's because I have a good time at parks and don't always try to find something to nag about. Sure old manegment took out a bunch of flats, but new manegment had taken out one and it's because it was a maitnence nightmare. SFNE is definitely improving.

Ever been to any Disney park? LOL, there are Attractions all over Disney parks that are standing and not operating in one way or another. Huge, giant, in plain view, attractions. I'm not saying its right, I'm simply saying that those things do cost money.

Fair point, but I would argue that Disney rarely makes it obvious though to the untrained eye. The hardcore fans notice these things but most people don't... unlike with 2 huge steel towers in the middle of the midway for absolutely no reason. Plus Disney attractions are often repurposed which this won't be and removing a massive Disney attraction is much more costly and time consuming than taking down 2 metal poles, or one drop on an old water ride at SFA, or one drop on a wood coaster at Great Adventure. This trend by Six Flags is really annoying.

I find it a little disheartening when people point out the wrongdoings of the park management and complain about the petty problems. I understand that it's just an opinion, but there is no need to ruin other peoples opinion of the park. I for one have been really happy with the park and am glad to have somewhere that I can relax and have a good time. The fact that we have a park within 100 miles of most of us is a privilege. I feel as if we take it for granted at times. Again, I will respect other peoples opinions, but I think that this bashing is a little unnecessary.

My opinion shouldn't "ruin anyone's opinion" of the park. It's my opinion. Everyone is free to their own. That being said, of course people will point out the negatives and the positives of parks on this board. That's what everyone has been doing since day one and with most parks I'm generally pretty positive. There are people that are far more negative than I am.

They are one of the best SF parks.

I couldn't possibly disagree more, but even if it was true it would only be because their coasters cover up their massive shortcomings in every other department.

Edited by coasterbill

Ever been to any Disney park? LOL, there are Attractions all over Disney parks that are standing and not operating in one way or another. Huge, giant, in plain view, attractions. I'm not saying its right, I'm simply saying that those things do cost money.

Fair point, but I would argue that Disney rarely makes it obvious though to the untrained eye. The hardcore fans notice these things but most people don't... unlike with 2 huge steel towers in the middle of the midway for absolutely no reason. Plus Disney attractions are often repurposed which this won't be and removing a massive Disney attraction is much more costly and time consuming than taking down 2 metal poles, or one drop on an old water ride at SFA, or one drop on a wood coaster at Great Adventure. This trend by Six Flags is really annoying.

I find it a little disheartening when people point out the wrongdoings of the park management and complain about the petty problems. I understand that it's just an opinion, but there is no need to ruin other peoples opinion of the park. I for one have been really happy with the park and am glad to have somewhere that I can relax and have a good time. The fact that we have a park within 100 miles of most of us is a privilege. I feel as if we take it for granted at times. Again, I will respect other peoples opinions, but I think that this bashing is a little unnecessary.

My opinion shouldn't "ruin anyone's opinion" of the park. It's my opinion. Everyone is free to their own. That being said, of course people will point out the negatives and the positives of parks on this board. That's what everyone has been doing since day one and with most parks I'm generally pretty positive. There are people that are far more negative than I am.

They are one of the best SF parks.

I couldn't possibly disagree more, but even if it was true it would only be because their coasters cover up their massive shortcomings in every other department.

Well put. I can agree with you in that you are free to express your own opinion and thank you for respecting mine and the ideas of others. I do however think your comments are a little harsh at times.

My opinion on SFNE is very weird and probably contradicts most of the people on this forum, but I actually think the park has a pretty weak coaster line up. Yes it has a world class coaster (even though Bizarro isn't one of my favorites) and a great B&M (B:TDK), but other than that it's rather forgettable. I liked Cyclone and Thunderbolt because classic woodies are always a good thing, but they both lack in historic or thrilling aspects. Pandemonium is a fun family coaster, but nothing special. Goliath is debatable. Mind Eraser is awful. Including the kiddie coasters, Wild Mouse, and Boomerang the issue isn't in quantity but quality. Wicked Cyclone is going to change all of that as it looks incredible enough to keep the park alive on its own. What I liked the most about SFNE was that it felt more genuine than most Six Flags parks. It felt like there was a still a hint of the old family-owned park remaining, and even though the ride operators and customer service wasn't the most efficient, it was probably the friendliest I've experienced at a Six Flags. Also the park is kept clean and actually has landscaping! Everybody is going to hate on their home park or at least be very critical of it since they know it so well. Great Adventure has an incredible coaster lineup without a single dud in the lot, a decent amount of flats, and quick customer service/operations. But it is also one of the dirtiest parks in America, has multiple abandoned areas and generally looks run down, and there is little to no landscaping (unless overgrown weeds and dead plants count). It just looks like so much money went into these big rides that everything else is rotting. Because of this I had a better experience at SFNE and look forward to visiting again for Wicked Cyclone!

SFNE has been a little on and off lately for me. Its pretty disheartening that someone thought it was ok to ban me from the property (reversed) for taking pictures of a roller coaster and having an interest in them. Pretty bad if you ask me. The park has been doing some good things lately though. I think their coaster line up is going to be one of the best in the world with Bizarro and Wicked Cyclone. Other than that the park doesn't have much to offer. Especially after they destroyed my second favorite coaster there (Goliath). Other than the main coasters, the park really isn't that great. If they didn't have Bizarro or Wicked Cyclone I would never step foot in there again.