TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Once this opens, it will be interesting in a few years to see where people flock to when the park opens. While this isn't as tall as Bizarro, it looks like it's going to give the park one of the top 1-2 roller coaster punches in the world.

Cyclone's going to be such an amazing ride. I really hope I can make a trip down there.

I think Wicked Twister's layout is a bit more creative too.

Absolutely! I mean... an impulse coaster right on the beach with not one but (wait for it) (wait for it)... TWO twists! Now that's creativity

That back spike is really awesome though....

Absolutely! I mean... an impulse coaster right on the beach with not one but (wait for it) (wait for it)... TWO twists! Now that's creativity

Haha!

I hadn't noticed that.

The straightaway section coming out of the station is just brilliant. I bet it was intentionally designed like this to really accentuate the sensation of speed for riders.

Here's a pretty random thought...Six Flags appears to like the concept of the Soarin' Eagle zipline, what with the installation in the safari at Great Adventure as well as the upcoming Fiesta Texas ride. Wouldn't it be something if SFNE received one as a replacement to the recently-closed New England Skyway?

Think about it...reuse the station closest to Cyclone for boarding. Conveniently, if you follow the path of the Skyway and continue past the opposite station, you run directly into the Scream! tower, which could theoretically be used to attach the high end of the zip line to.

Just a thought.

Here's a pretty random thought...Six Flags appears to like the concept of the Soarin' Eagle zipline, what with the installation in the safari at Great Adventure as well as the upcoming Fiesta Texas ride. Wouldn't it be something if SFNE received one as a replacement to the recently-closed New England Skyway?

Think about it...reuse the station closest to Cyclone for boarding. Conveniently, if you follow the path of the Skyway and continue past the opposite station, you run directly into the Scream! tower, which could theoretically be used to attach the high end of the zip line to.

Just a thought.

I love the idea, but I'm sure they are liability issues with attaching one manufacturer's ride to another. But we can hope.

you run directly into the Scream! tower, which could theoretically be used to attach the high end of the zip line to.

Just a thought.

I love the idea, but I'm sure they are liability issues with attaching one manufacturer's ride to another. But we can hope.

ehhh... just build it and assume it'll all work out. That's the tried and true Six Flags method when connecting drop rides with other attractions. The state couldn't possibly have any issues with it.

The Nor' Easter was AMAZING this year. The park was so great to us!

Jen said that the track should be complete within the next two weeks. The ride looks INSANE.

Youre referring to Wicked Cyclone, correct? I'm not sure that would be accurate, considering the track is just over halfway through after months of construction.

Then again maybe I'm wrong and they're picking up the pace with some decent weather.

The ride looks absolutely incredible in person, pictures never do anything justice. Also, in most pictures it looks really red but today I actually saw orange haha.

Lots o' track

Hello there

The park also confirmed the change to the 3rd turn, the second turn in the triple turn sequence is now an outwards banking airtime hill.

Awesome track section here.

Can somebody say airtime?

Muhahaha!

Yes, wicked Cyclone.

It's going up very quick.

Other news:

Mind Eraser is getting NEW restraints and a HUGE train make-over!!!!1

Tons of coaster renovations including: Flashback, Mind Eraser, Catwomen's Whip (exterior), Pandemonium, Great Chace and Thunderbolt

Wicked Cylone is going to have a cool Wicy lable on the lift hill (like iron rattlers)

The group got to sign our names on old wood from Cyclone and they're going to hang them up in the station!!!!

Mind Eraser is getting NEW restraints and a HUGE train make-over!!!!1

Is this actually happening 100%? If so, I'm beyond excited to try out the new trains, regardless of which style they are!

Yup. The park announced it. The restraints will not be like the original ones but they also won't be like the vests at morey's pier. They are going to be a thinner OTSH. But the park made it clear that they are doing major train renovations. They're actually replacing all of the train's seats as well. They promised a much better and more enjoyable ride.

I am so excited to see Mind Eraser get some love. It's one of the most intense rides in the park and has the potential of being awesome!

So excited to see that they haven't given up on this one!

Wait. So potentially Mind Eraser will be smoother than Goliath... That really makes my head hurt.

It already is. SFNE's ME is really not that bad compared to others. It certainly has it's bad days but most of the time, it's not bad.

Goliath is like getting a jackhammer to your spine.

I'm sorry I'm always so negative with this park (unless I'm talking about Thunderbolt or Wicked Cyclone of course) but this is why.

So they're willing to do a complete re-design and overhaul on 2 trains for a terrible coaster that has no potential anyway but they're not willing to put the old train that they already have back on Goliath when the current train is absolutely horrible, caused the ride to be closed for half a year and the beginning of the next year, has not seemed to improve reliability and has made what many people (myself included) considered the best ride in the park, one of the worst thanks to it's unbearable headbanging... even on perfectly flat and straight pieces of track.

They already have a train sitting around that would make this ride awesome... but instead of using it and admitting they screwed up they'd rather go out and buy 2 new trains for the piece of crap with no potential on the other side of the park.