TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

They could finish track work two weeks before opening if they we're really hustling. Goliath last year was topped off what, two weeks before opening? That said they're nowhere near track completion. I'd be surprised if it's open anytime before Memorial Day.

Even if the weather was cooperating up in Massachusetts, there's no way they'd open up the new ride in April. Six Flags MO is to (try) and open up their new additions during Memorial Day weekend.

They could finish track work two weeks before opening if they we're really hustling. Goliath last year was topped off what, two weeks before opening? That said they're nowhere near track completion. I'd be surprised if it's open anytime before Memorial Day.

Goliath was topped off on May 16th and it opened on June 19th I believe.

Goliath was topped off on May 16th and it opened on June 19th I believe

Yes, but Goliath also suffered set backs in testing due to the polyurethane wheels disintegrating during the course, a problem they had even on Media Day. This will be the second or third I-Box with Nylon Wheels (depending on weather or not TC opens 1st). The last piece of track was put in place on Medusa on May 23rd and the the ride opened to the public on June 14th. So they really only need 3 weeks to test, maybe less since this one won't be a prototype (in regards to the wheel type and trains on I-box track) anymore. Honestly, painting the structure is going to be more of a setback, because that is dependent on there being good weather.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

It will be open before that^.

They have a lot of work done, and the weather is finally slowing down for them.

Hope so. But the weather up there was a killer this year, I'm surprised they made as much progress as they have, but they got off to a relatively early start so it makes sense.

WC and TC are both RMC creations. And that's really where the comparison ends for me. One is a tightly wound intense machine. The other just looks insanely fun. So I have to laugh every time a big fan if either ride takes a pot shot at the other. They couldn't be farther away from each other so ultimately who wins that battle? The 0.5 percent that actually get to ride both? Because other than that I can't imagine that both won't please the hell out of their perspective fanbase.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous

It looks like it's going to be fun regardless of the fact that it's just one big right turn.

WC's layout is actually more of a figure-8 type as there are left turns scattered about and right turns as well.

I love how the layout actually follows the path of the original Cyclone.

In other new, Spring is starting to arrive in New England.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous

The SFMM thread has made it's way over here!

True they've been at it for a while, but they had some crazy delays with the brutal weather. Every time I've seen updates I'm extremely impressed with how much they're able to build at a short rate of time. I wouldn't say it's taking forever, but I can see it feeling that way if you're as excited as I am to ride it this summer!