TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Now that I think about it, thunderbolt and wicked cyclone would be a perfect pair. I'm no expert but I think that they are up to something good here.

Thunderbolt is butter smooth and it's great. It's always been butter smooth and it's always been great. It's not great in a way that it's going to end up on any top 10 lists but it's always been a really solid coaster. They're not going to ever touch this ride nor should they. Don't be ridiculous.

Every time I ride Thunderbolt I can't help but feel like Six Flags New England doesn't deserve this ride. To be fair though (nobody freak out but I'm about to give Six Flags New England some credit for something) for whatever reason Six Flags has always done a great job maintaining this coaster. Every time I've visited the park over the last 15 years or so (which has been quite often) the ride has always delivered a smooth, fun ride every single time.

Oh gosh no, of course they shouldn't! I agree with you totally. What you were reading was me thinking of reasons why Six Flags might take Thunderbolt off their website. Also, I agree with you on the point that Six Flags doesn't deserve Thunderbolt. I absolutely love that coaster as it was the first coaster I had ever been on. It was sad to see a coaster that I love so much, be denied the attention from the staff it so deserves. However, I think that recently Six Flags has given Thunderbolt a little more attention as it has high ridership, and is visible from the entrance.

Oh gosh no, of course they shouldn't! I agree with you totally. What you were reading was me thinking of reasons why Six Flags might take Thunderbolt off their website. Also, I agree with you on the point that Six Flags doesn't deserve Thunderbolt. I absolutely love that coaster as it was the first coaster I had ever been on. It was sad to see a coaster that I love so much, be denied the attention from the staff it so deserves. However, I think that recently Six Flags has given Thunderbolt a little more attention as it has high ridership, and is visible from the entrance.

Really now?

I think they are just going to give it a new theme or something. I don't think it would be a good idea to remove such a popular ride. Personally, the thing I hope they do, is give thunderbolt some rocky mountain topper track.

You just said the exact opposite. Are you pro topper track or against it?

I do agree, Thunderbolt is a charming little piece of histroy for the park. Pretty much the last remain history other than the carousel. Pretty sad if you ask me. Thunderbolts certainly had it's rough days but usually it rides nicely.

Sorry about all the confusion. I am personally against topper track. What I was however doing was saying that if that's the reason that they took the Thunderbolt name off the website, I wouldn't be too annoyed. This does bring up the question, is Thunderbolt missing from the website.

Again, I'm so sorry about all the confusion. I will try to be a little more clear in the future so this doesn't happen again.

The car design is nice but it doesn't make any sense. Why place Medusa's head when the coaster has no mythological theme?

It's not Medusa. I believe it is Zeus or Jupiter (Sky/Storms - Cyclones). It could also simply be a powerful deity figurehead that's purely for aesthetics.

It looks good, but the eyes need to shoot laser beams and he needs to breathe fire.

The rumor is that the park was looking into this but dropped the idea as the initial plan was to use GPS technology to allow the ride to shoot lasers and fire at the flat rides at pre-determined times throughout the season... destroying a few every year until the park had nothing but coasters.

Sadly the park realized this was impractical and decided to go back to doing that manually every offseason.

Isn't the theme for the station like an old boat house that looked "weathered by a cyclone?" How does this head get into this? Whatever...it will still be an amazing ride!!!

I think it is more like you are the weather god and are bringing destruction via the rollercoaster.

Just found out I might make it up to SFNE this July, and I couldn't be more excited at the prospect to ride Wicked Cyclone.

Is it safe to assume this ride will only be on Platinum flash pass? If so, that's dissapointing, but it makes sense.

Edited by Password121

^ Far from done. These RMC I-Box conversions take awhile to get completed. They have to get everything precise. This is being done by humans on sight and not by some robot in a factory. The final result will be spectacular and well worth the wait, so just be patient.

Yeah, I don't get why some people don't understand this.