TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^ goliaths capacity has increased. Not by # of seats but because the seats are now 4 across, people load quicker.

I'd be willing to bet that capacity has actually decreased for the simple fact that the crew was brutally bad this year. The first and second season when they had the old train they were awesome... so awesome that I couldn't believe I was at Six Flags New England and not Cedar Point. Now they're typical, slow and miserable SFNE ride ops.

And as far as Bizarro I could care less about on-board audio. I would much rather ride without unintelligible dialog and distorted music and sound effects! Bring back S:ROS!!!

The headrests with the on-board speakers on the side ruins the view. The audio wasn't even working when I rode it last year...

As far as I'm aware, one of the trains works and one of the trains doesn't. When the audio is working, it's a nice addition (although the position of the speakers is terrible), but when it's not, the only difference between Bizarro and S:ROS is the worse trains.

^ goliaths capacity has increased. Not by # of seats but because the seats are now 4 across, people load quicker.

I'd be willing to bet that capacity has actually decreased for the simple fact that the crew was brutally bad this year. The first and second season when they had the old train they were awesome... so awesome that I couldn't believe I was at Six Flags New England and not Cedar Point. Now they're typical, slow and miserable SFNE ride ops.

I don't know when you go but every time I went this season they were great. Polite and quick.

Yeah the speakers are really screwing up the ride. It would be much better without them. I believe 2015 is the last year for Bizarro though, then SROS in 2016.

I haven't really kept track of what trains have working audio but both of them have a good number of rows that have dead speakers. The train that ran closing day all the seats behind the box were dead, and a few rows before the box were dead. The other train is in the same boat. The park clearly can't keep up with the money needed for the system so it needs to go, which appears to be what they are doing. I kinda like the music on the ride but I feel it would be much better having a better view and natural coaster sounds.

As for Goliath, it sucks. Really sucks. When I went on it the the first and last time with the new train towards the beginning of the year, the ride ops were pretty good and I could tell the trains were dispatching quicker. I believe the new train got rid of the seatbelts too (not positive) so that saves time because before they had to check everyone's seatbelts then check the restraints. If they can fix the new train, then do it. If they don't and leave it the way it is, I won't be riding it.

I don't mind the soundtrack while going up the lift hill, but I couldn't stand it at the brake run. It was not pleasant to hear that loop of "Bizarro" while being stacked. The rest of it was simply lost; I couldn't hear it at all during the actual ride. Not that I was paying attention (or cared) anyway. I like the effects on the ride, but that soundtrack and these trains need to go.

Hm, it seems that I'm the only person who had a comfortable ride on Goliath. Granted, I never rode it with its old train, so I have no comparison, but I didn't find the new train to be uncomfortable in the slightest. It's my second favourite coaster in the park.

I do agree about Bizarro. Get rid of the speakers if they don't work. GAdv cut their losses with their version of Bizarro a few years ago. It's time for NE to do the same. As to whether or not they theme it back to S:ROS, I don't care either way. It will still be a hell of a ride.

The front is probably the best going forward but it is absolute torture going backwards. The transition between the 2nd spike and loop is the roughest part of any coaster I have been on. Same goes for the back row and the first spike.

I mean there is definitely something wrong with this ride. It is 5 times louder than a B&M now, employees have to wear ear protection, and it is insanely rough.

I hate how they don't let you pick rows on Goliath. I rode it three times when I went over the summer and I had the 8th row twice and the 7th row once. If you sit on the inside seat it helps a little but the ride is still really bad. It's Loudness is almost comparable to Kumbas. SFNE really need to work on this coaster. It's a shame a good ride can turn into crap. And why did they even pick premier to design the trains. All the trains that they have designed have been pretty rough. Do they even have any coasters with shoulder restraints?

Yup, they had OTSRS on the original trains for many of their rides including Poltergeist and Jokers Jinx. By the way, does anyone else think that maybe the new trains on Bizarro will look closer to Skyrush without the wing seats? I don't know but the new ones seem to be lighter, faster, and with fixed restraints maybe more comfortable. If that fails, they will probably be closer to I305 with lap bars. That is if they don't make a whole new design. Maybe Bizarro will be the first coaster to try a new prototype train?

I don't understand what you guys mean. I have a season pass every year and always have a great time. Yes some of the employees are bad and food lines can be slow, but always have a great time. Only time I have expirienced a bad employee was the lack of urgency on the bumper cars and one op that staples the hell out of you on bizarro. And about all of the removed rides, that was Shapiro and the old park presidents fault. Ever since new management has been here, rides have been coming in. Even if some are used coasters. But if you have ever tuned into one of the live chats with Jen Mcrath, they say that they are looking into flat rides. I am just wondering why people really don't like this park

I couldn't agree more. the current management team has the job of cleaning up the mess that the previous management team made.

SFNE really need to work on this coaster. It's a shame a good ride can turn into crap.

The problem is that they didn't need to do anything... all they had to do was leave it alone. Instead they spent a ton of time and money making the ride horrible with absolutely no upside whatsoever.

In my personal conversations with a friend who was a mechanic on Deja Vu for it's entire life at SFMM, majority of downtime issues were caused by the way that the catch cars were designed to catch the train. SF Corp bought a new train from Premier to increase reliability which it clearly hasn't. Unless the catch car design changes, I don't see reliability improving.

The hydraulic system used on the catch cars is a very complex system. In SFMM's defense, the last year Deja was at the park it ran pretty damn good with minimal downtime.