TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

SFNE seemed to have been trying to improve the capacity of the ride with these trains as the main goal but ended up detracting from the ride experience.

That's what they keep saying but this train has exactly the same amount of seats as the old train. It has one less belt but does that really make that big of a difference? It doesn't seem like it when you're waiting in line for it.

hopefully, SFNE will address this issue for one of their most popular coasters.

Did you forget what park you we're talking about here?

People got confused because of the seats. The loading process does go faster without the winged seats.

As far as I can tell, the reason for Goliath's roughness lies in the train design. The rolling stock looks ill-equipped to handle any lateral or axial rotation, leaving that to the actual seat dampers.
Try riding in an odd numbered row. IE: 1,3,5 you will be amazed at the difference in how smooth the coaster is compared to even numbered rows IE: 2,4,6. It has to do with how the suspension of the trains work.

Also, why didn't they try consulting B&M about some new trains. They managed to pull it off for Steel Dragon 2000.

Steel Dragon was perfectly fine running ride when B&M came in and redid the trains, there was basically no risk involved. The GIB have a horrible track record and Vekoma could barely make them work, I don't think B&M would have wanted to touch it with a stick if asked.

That doesn't mean they have to manufacture them in Switzerland. If I'm not mistakes they have a plant in Ohio.

B&M manufactures all their trains in France.

Also, why didn't they try consulting B&M about some new trains. They managed to pull it off for Steel Dragon 2000.

Steel Dragon was perfectly fine running ride when B&M came in and redid the trains, there was basically no risk involved. The GIB have a horrible track record and Vekoma could barely make them work, I don't think B&M would have wanted to touch it with a stick if asked.

False.. the track is as smooth as a B&M, or was with the old trains. The new trains the issue is that the seats are attached directly between the wheels instead of between them like before.

False.. the track is as smooth as a B&M, or was with the old trains. The new trains the issue is that the seats are attached directly between the wheels instead of between them like before.

Why are you quoting me? How does you post have anything to do with mine?

By the way, I have noticed that in the past couple of years, Intamin has not opened a new hyper or giga coaster. To me, this upsetting due to the fact that I'm a big time Intamin fan-boy. I am just wondering why this is. They make great coasters that win awards (and not to mention break records). Also, they are generally pretty smooth and offer a fantastic ride.

By the way, I have noticed that in the past couple of years, Intamin has not opened a new hyper or giga coaster. To me, this upsetting due to the fact that I'm a big time Intamin fan-boy. I am just wondering why this is. They make great coasters that win awards (and not to mention break records). Also, they are generally pretty smooth and offer a fantastic ride.

It's the fact that they are maintenance night-mares for parks. I like Intamin the most. I think the parks would just have a reliable B&M over a white-knuckled Intamin.

Skyrush was two years ago, therefore it falls into the couple (2-3) years ago category.