TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Remember people, this is a RMC crew building this, not some crew SF hired off the street. Don't even bring up Goliath last year either. Considering they started in September, the fact they had the ride completed by June is quite remarkable.

Exactly. RMC has experience with topper track on woodies, so I do actually think this can get done on time considering the rate this is going up. I'm not saying opening day, but sometime in the spring ballpark. You ^^ can call me crazy, but I think this could be built on time.

SFNE usually does a good job of getting their new rides open for Memorial Day weekend. Goliath, GCG, and NESS opened exactly when they were supposed to and BP's late opening was only a week or two later than planned due to the transition/seal between the capsule and slide not being smooth enough as it was injuring the initial testers. I'm confident WC will be no exception.

Thank god this park wasn't voted one of the Friendliest parks in the country again. That was the most ridiculous thing to ever come out of the Golden Ticket awards and that's saying something.

Ikr it's my home park and the staff is not friendly at all, except for maybe a few of them

That's the funny thing. They have some of the rudest staff of any park anywhere. If they had a golden ticket award for the rudest and worst staff and they won I would have no complaints. I would be shocked if they didn't win that award actually.

Thank god this park wasn't voted one of the Friendliest parks in the country again. That was the most ridiculous thing to ever come out of the Golden Ticket awards and that's saying something.

Ikr it's my home park and the staff is not friendly at all, except for maybe a few of them

That's the funny thing. They have some of the rudest staff of any park anywhere. If they had a golden ticket award for the rudest and worst staff and they won I would have no complaints. I would be shocked if they didn't win that award actually.

Yeah, that was rather funny. I guess those die-hard (by the way, if any die hard SFNE fans are offended, my apologies) SFNE fans were hard at work.

Yeah, that was rather funny. I guess those die-hard (by the way, if any die hard SFNE fans are offended, my apologies) SFNE fans were hard at work.

I'm a Bizarro fan, not a SFNE fan. SFNE is like that a$$hole neighbor who has the sweet pool. You put up with the obnoxious behavior because of his pool parties.

I'm a Bizarro fan, not a SFNE fan. SFNE is like that a$$hole neighbor who has the sweet pool. You put up with the obnoxious behavior because of his pool parties.

That is hilarious. Next year he will be getting another pool. With an awesome slide.

I had a surprisingly good visit there on Saturday. It was my first visit of the year and it was probably the best experience I've had at the park other than Bizarro Bash and my first time there.

Bizarro was running as well as it has since its transformation. While the audio wasn't working, the train was flying through the course and had plenty of airtime. While it is still behind Skyrush, Phantom's Revenge, and a trio of B&M hypers in my personal rankings, it is still a fantastic coaster.

The New England SkyScreamer was a lot of fun. The cycle was quite short, but the views were fantastic. I personally enjoy the Windseekers to the Star Flyers, but both are some of my favorite flats anywhere.

As for Goliath, I still found the ride to be very good. It was just as smooth as it was with the old Vekoma trains. The only negative is that the train does really drag through the cobra roll during the reverse portion, but I'll take the improved reliability. This was my first visit at the park where I never saw Goliath shut down due to a mechanical issue (it closed for an hour during a nearby storm).

Haha!!

I had a surprisingly good visit there on Saturday.

Likewise. After all the big rides closed briefly for some passing weather in the mid afternoon the crowds really cleared out. Bizarro line was station and stairs only. After the second brief weather closure it was walk-on everywhere but front and back. Awesome! Nothing like quick rerides on a top-rated coaster to really bring out the appreciation. Was running great too, fast and smooth.

Many ride ops are so rude it's actually entertaining, so that was fun.

And it was Pride in the Park, and sweltering, so there were scores of scantily clad gay dudes to ogle. No complaints.