TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I still can't get over the fact that, although RMC said they wouldn't do any high G Maneuvers, many people still regard their rides as some of the best. Then again, I haven't rode an RMC before, so I GUESS can't judge, butstill.

Maybe it's just me... I know I like my rides pretty intense.

Not trying to troll/start a flame war here, just genuinely curious.

I still can't get over the fact that, although RMC said they wouldn't do any high G Maneuvers, many people still regard their rides as some of the best. Then again, I haven't rode an RMC before, so I GUESS can't judge, butstill.

Don't worry, their rides are reportedly very intense. I believe the point of the "no high g inversions", assuming it's true, is you're limited in how strongly you can support a track with wood when the train is running underneath it. You need a lot of bracing if the train's going to be pushing up hard on the track from below, and obviously the support can't come from directly beneath it. (Notice how on steel coasters, the individual support beams are all much thicker.) As long as you're not talking about an inversion, their elements can be as high G as they want.

Also, count me among those who wouldn't be upset if RMC never attempted a vertical loop. I mean, do we SERIOUSLY need more of those things???

Edited by neil009

Outlaw Run is by far the most intense coaster I've ridden. I've probably ridden rides with more positive-G's, but Outlaw Run does not let up from start to finish.

I believe what Alan Schilke said was that when you have a really high-G inversion on a ride, it pretty much controls how intense the ride is.

Don't worry, their rides are reportedly very intense. I believe the point of the "no high g inversions", assuming it's true, is you're limited in how strongly you can support a track with wood when the train is running underneath it. You need a lot of bracing if the train's going to be pushing up hard on the track from below, and obviously the support can't come from directly beneath it. (Notice how on steel coasters, the individual support beams are all much thicker.) As long as you're not talking about an inversion, their elements can be as high G as they want.

Think both you and Woodie warrior have great points. I have a feeling RMC's first all steel coaster will be even more intense... Hell, just look at LR (Didn't Alan have a hand in designing that one?).

I read through the topic but didn't notice any mention of the 200 degree stall. I can only imagine how odd (but still fun) the lateral G's are going to be in that spot.

Again, sorry if it's been discussed at length already. Personally I'd call it the ride's signature element so I'd actually be pretty surprised if I was the first to bring it up.

I really doubt if this new Cyclone will be as good as the one they tore down by looking at the layout. Would you not agree?

You know, I respect everyone's opinion, but posts liks these I just really don't understand. No matter what your taste in coasters is, I don't see a single part of the new (and improved) Wicked Cyclone that looks worse than the Cyclone currently being deconstructed.

Honestly, if you want people to understand your view, can you tell us specifically what about this ride looks worse than its predecessor? Could it be the previously airtime-less hills, under-banked, sluggish turns, or the reprofiled underwhelming valley of the first drop? I just don't get it. Seriously, can someone provide some insight?

I really doubt if this new Cyclone will be as good as the one they tore down by looking at the layout. Would you not agree?

You know, I respect everyone's opinion, but posts liks these I just really don't understand. No matter what your taste in coasters is, I don't see a single part of the new (and improved) Wicked Cyclone that looks worse than the Cyclone currently being deconstructed.

Honestly, if you want people to understand your view, can you tell us specifically what about this ride looks worse than its predecessor? Could it be the previously airtime-less hills, under-banked, sluggish turns, or the reprofiled underwhelming valley of the first drop? I just don't get it. Seriously, can someone provide some insight?

Nostalgia.

Nostalgia.

He said, "by looking at the layout." What about the new layout looks worse? Nostalgia has nothing to do with layout and everything to do with memories. Will Wicked Cyclone create worse memories due to the new layout that is inherently worse than the current state of the Cyclone?

I read through the topic but didn't notice any mention of the 200 degree stall. I can only imagine how odd (but still fun) the lateral G's are going to be in that spot.

Again, sorry if it's been discussed at length already. Personally I'd call it the ride's signature element so I'd actually be pretty surprised if I was the first to bring it up.

It was talked about a little a page or two back. I agree, I think it will be the ride's biggest defining moment, mainly for its uniqueness. I doubt it will feel like a "stall" the same way Goliath's does due to how short it is, looks to have more in common with the "sort of upside down" moment on Outlaw Run, but I can't wait to try it first hand. Especially going through the wood structure, should be amazing.

The main difference between Goliath And WC's stalls besides Goliath's obvious size difference, is that Cyclone's roll will go another 20 degrees so you are actually further around than in a "normal" zero g stall. I think this element, the outward airtime hill, and the alternating banked airtime hills will be what makes this coaster wicked . The airtime and smoothness claims are bold but I believe it.

RMC... The savior has finally come !