TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Wicked Cyclone looks like it'll be a great coaster. However, there is one main reason that I think Twisted Colossus looks a lot better: it is TOTALLY different than any other RMC coaster we've seen before. Now, I love RMC, I want that to be clear. Outlaw Run is by far the best coaster I've ridden. However, honestly this looks like a mash-up of all the past RMC hybrids. Is that a bad thing? Not in the least. This looks like a great great GREAT ride. But Twisted Colossus is RMC's first dueling coaster, and while it may be a little gimmicky, the high-five element and the zero-G rolls twisting around each other look completely insane, unlike anything the company has done before.

Wicked Cyclone looks like it'll be a great coaster. However, there is one main reason that I think Twisted Colossus looks a lot better: it is TOTALLY different than any other RMC coaster we've seen before. Now, I love RMC, I want that to be clear. Outlaw Run is by far the best coaster I've ridden. However, honestly this looks like a mash-up of all the past RMC hybrids. Is that a bad thing? Not in the least. This looks like a great great GREAT ride. But Twisted Colossus is RMC's first dueling coaster, and while it may be a little gimmicky, the high-five element and the zero-G rolls twisting around each other look completely insane, unlike anything the company has done before.

Fair enough, altho something about WC just looks so much more intense than TC. Just seems like the track is so tightly woven together on WC and a little more stretched out on TC. Props to RMC on both projects, I'm super excited for next year.

Skyway is closing after this season. Confirmed by jen mcgrath.

Not like it really did anything. I know people will be sad to see it go but honestly I see these rides as transport devices any nothing more; I guess when the park was not a Six Flags park it was great for that but last I remember it started around Riverboat Café and ended around Colossus, which was a pretty short walk regardless.

I mean, it is park history but it wasn't that great. Hopefully they'll preserve one of the gondolas.

Although I agree, I wish more parks had transportation rides... It's so nice to be able to relax while traveling from one end of SFGAdv to the other, I can only hope we see a newer version in the future, or something to help quickly go from one end of the park to the other!

Although I agree, I wish more parks had transportation rides... It's so nice to be able to relax while traveling from one end of SFGAdv to the other, I can only hope we see a newer version in the future, or something to help quickly go from one end of the park to the other!

That's just it. I don't mind transport rides at all; in fact I think there should be more of them. SFNE isn't a huge park, but a skyway that goes from around Batman or Hurricane Harbor to Cyclone wouldn't be a bad idea. Which was what I was expecting of New England Skyway at the time, only to realize the terminals of the ride are so close together.

How long is it compared to CP's?

It's just a tad longer. (or so it seems)

In my opinion it's always sad to see a skyride go. They're fun relaxing rides that give you Great views.

Completely agree. I love how they are adding great new things this year, but have to take things out (MotoRama, CliffHanger, and of course, Skyway) R.I.P. Skyway. Still wishing you would be around to provide some killer views of Wicked Cyclone. Oh well.

Edited by glouthan

Between this and Bizarro, SFNE has one of the best if not the best 1-2 punches in this hemisphere. How many other parks have two coasters that have this good of a chance of breaking the top ten? Mirabilandia and Liseberg are the only other two that instantly come to mind for me.

So I guess the point of the 200 degree stall is that you actually rotate past being upside down, to being slightly tilted in the other direction, before whipping back around. I'm guessing that'll be the one big stand-out element on this ride. It looks like it's placed for maximum visibility from the midway, I wonder if there's going to be any surprises this time around with the support structure for that element like there was for the stall on Goliath.

I can't imagine complaining about Skyway going away. Yeah, it was a kinda interesting Von Roll that barely worked. They've been running it with horrible capacity for the last 15 years, and it frankly didn't go far enough across to the park to feel that substantive. The Great Adventure skyride I'd be angry about. Cedar Point's might lead to some nerd rage. New England's? Nah.

How long is it compared to CP's?

SFNE's is about 850 feet, while CP's is 1350 feet. As other comparisons, SFGADV's is 2030 feet, and BGT's is 3000 feet and BGW's is a triangular circuit of about 3000 feet all the way around. It did provide some really nice views of the rides in the back of the park, but the problem is that the capacity was horrendous at probably only six cars or so, when they in fact could have held literally up to ten times that amount of cars if they had the same spacing as the one at Knoebels (which is about 1200 feet one way, but 2400 the whole trip since there's no stop at the top of the mountain.) Also, LC's is 4250 ft long both ways as there isn't a stop at the top. So yeah, the ride is pretty tiny compared to the other ones.