TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

... Personally it's almost like the RMC novelty is wearing off because looking at both rides it's like the same thing over and over again - steep angled first drop, lots of overbanked turns, and an inversion or two (or three). I would love to see RMC do something a bit more "traditional", if that's a good word to use, instead of using "tricks" to improve a lackluster ride.

Using that train of logic, what companies aren't repeating things? Most traditional/classic wooden coasters all look the same. GCII's all utilize the same basic styles, then you have G-fighters, and don't even get me started on B&M's. RMC has now released quite a few designs, so of course you're going to see elements be repeated. I don't see where the expectation of an unlimited bag of tricks comes from. Face it, we only get to see a truly incredible new piece of technology come out in this industry every once in a great while. RMC's are going to normalize just like B&M inverts, launch coasters, wing riders, etc...

If you can't get excited about a new awesome coaster like this, you need a new hobby.

I assume it'd be very hard (or awkward) to pull off an inversion like a vertical loop on one of these due to supporting issues. But other than that, RMC can do really good, non cookie-cutter elements when you let them build from the ground-up. Take Goliath at Great America for example, and how it had to be build more vertically than spread out or replace an an old wooden coaster.

I must say, I'm very impressed by this addition! Although I do wish that the track was a different color, I like the gray and orange look. This is a very nice addition to the park.

Amazing that flashback is still there though... I would've expected them to take it out and add an extra helix into the ride.

Am I the only one who thinks that the 200 hundred degree stall looks like a failed attempt at making a barrel roll in no limits?

Looks like the train is thinking: let's do a zero g! And then when it gets to the middle he says: well, maybe not.

Joking aside, this looks like a great ride. I think it looks like it might be a bit better than colossus.

I'm usually not critical when it comes to new ride announcements as I usually love what I'm seeing/reading but this year's crop of Six Flags 2015 additions leaves A LOT to be desired. Of all of them the only thing that somewhat stood out is Wicked Cyclone, and it didn't stand out as much.

I'm anticipating a backlash as I say I haven't ridden an RMC yet and I'm sure they are incredible rides but between Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone they both seem cookie cutter. Personally it's almost like the RMC novelty is wearing off because looking at both rides it's like the same thing over and over again - steep angled first drop, lots of overbanked turns, and an inversion or two (or three). I would love to see RMC do something a bit more "traditional", if that's a good word to use, instead of using "tricks" to improve a lackluster ride.

If you look at both designs and compare them to what RMC has already done, they're more innovative than their previous designs. That's actually amazing considering they had less to work with in both of these older designs. I actually give Alan Schilke credit for working in a new inversion type into these remodels, as he's sort of limited in what he can do when it pertains to inversions on these remodels. In my mind, nobody in this industry can touch Alan Schilke when it comes to being innovative and just designing a ride right now. He keeps finding ways to top what he's already done, but I have to wonder when he'll reach the limit or if he will ever reach the limit.

RMC trains......

Reason I asked is because some RMCs (like NTAG) use Gerstlausers.

Was just curiosity if anything.

Also if those are the trains they're using, how roomy are they? The PTC trains had not much in terms of legroom.

Edited by Generic Name

RMC trains......

Also if those are the trains they're using, how roomy are they? The PTC trains had not much in terms of legroom.

Very roomy. The back of the seat in front of you is quite a ways ahead of you. Definitely way more width than a PTC retrofitted with a seat divider also. Very comfortable trains.

RMC trains......

Very roomy. The back of the seat in front of you is quite a ways ahead of you. Definitely way more width than a PTC retrofitted with a seat divider also. Very comfortable trains.

That is good to hear. I'm 6'0", 250lbs, and have long legs so those PTC boxcars were hell.

Also, and I know this is not germane to WiCy, but, would someone my size fit on Bizarro? The test seat had me worrying a bit. I know I posted that earlier in this thread but I didn't get an answer so I'm asking it again.