TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Well my initial thought was that the forces of the somewhat tight overbanked turn combined with the new height that the coaster is being given could possibly exert extreme g's that could result in anomalies such as black-outs and grey-outs. Any other thoughts as to how they might solve this problem? By the way, if some of you want to see what I am talking about, check out some of the pictures on SFNE online's recent update of the construction.

Who says they can't elevate the turn slightly, on a similar (shorter) level to Goliath at SFGam? I-305 does it at a MUCH higher speed, given a wider radius.

To me, it seems like RMC is the perfect balance. They push the limits, but make sure their rides are "rideable". Not as reckless as Intamin yet more willing to push the boundaries than B&M. The ideal coaster company. I have faith in them, and don't believe we'll see any black outs on this ride.

^Same here. **However**, They seem like a company that really respects the enthusiasts aswell as the general public, and may learn from B&M's "mistakes".

In addition, enthusiasts seemed a little less prominent back then (can someone who was an active enthusiast back then correct me if I'm wrong?... Robb maybe?). In this day and age, with the advent of the internet, and RMC able to hear the opinions of everybody, GP and fanboys alike, I have some confidence we will not see another B&M, or Intamin for that matter (going too far to the other extreme).

As a side note, I'm not hating on B&M or Intamin in any way. I'm just simply stating my opinion that RMC will most likely learn from past mistakes made by other manufacturers.

Personally, I am not opposed to Intamins insanity, because that's what makes Intamin so special. You can never find rides as crazy as the ones Intamin makes, and that's what makes them so popular.

I really wasn't referring to their insanity and intensity in my previous post, but more the problems related with being that insane lol (ie. Rides being down, complaints from the GP, blackouts etc.).

I'd have to say I'm with you though. I personally love rides that are just balls to the walls intense, no matter the manufacturer, hence why I will miss Skyrider at my home park so much when it closes in less than a week.

Here's to hoping the Wicked Cyclone is Wicked intense, and lives upto it's new name!

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the way the name sounds; I like Iron Cyclone or Steel Cyclone better, myself, even if it's even more "obvious"...but if it turns out as good as everything else RMC has done, I don't think I'll care too much about the name. Still too bad the rest of the park isn't likely to make a good home for the coaster given its history...but...optimism, right? >.>

None of the admins on sfne online understand why we are blocked.

I'm sure they know EXACTLY why. They aren't stupid.

I don't mean to come across rude, but they honestly don't. Our sites would actually like to get along. They have no idea why they are blocked, and other sites are apparently experiencing this. Maybe something happened behind the scenes. But in all honesty, as part of SFNE Online some time ago, we have no idea what's we did wrong. If our sites worked together, I bet this thread would be the most reliable.

None of the admins on sfne online understand why we are blocked.

I'm sure they know EXACTLY why. They aren't stupid.

I don't mean to come across rude, but they honestly don't. Our sites would actually like to get along. They have no idea why they are blocked, and other sites are apparently experiencing this. Maybe something happened behind the scenes. But in all honesty, as part of SFNE Online some time ago, we have no idea what's we did wrong. If our sites worked together, I bet this thread would be the most reliable.

Posting about this publicly is really not appropriate. I responded to the comment, fair enough. But if anyone from the site wants to contact me privately, they are more than welcome to.

With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train.

They played up the fact that the coaster was a classic but it really wasn't all that old... especially when compared to the much better wood coaster just a few hundred feet away from it. I won't miss this ride at all. If I was going to complain about things SFNE removed this would be at the bottom of the list. Ride removals like Colossus, the Log Flume, Time Warp, Shipwreck Falls, Rodeo and Spider and possibly the New England Skyway annoy me much more. Especially because most of them weren't replaced with anything new and the only one that was (the Log Flume) was replaced with one of the ugliest and dumbest water rides ever constructed. Colossus was kind of replaced but with an ugly upcharge carnival ride and a relocated swing ride from somewhere else in the park. Cyclone is going to be replaced with something awesome and if you want to ride a great classic wood coaster there's one over by Scream.

With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train.

They played up the fact that the coaster was a classic but it really wasn't all that old... especially when compared to the much better wood coaster just a few hundred feet away from it. I won't miss this ride at all. If I was going to complain about things SFNE removed this would be at the bottom of the list. Ride removals like Colossus, the Log Flume, Time Warp, Shipwreck Falls, Rodeo and Spider and possibly the New England Skyway annoy me much more. Especially because most of them weren't replaced with anything new and the only one that was (the Log Flume) was replaced with one of the ugliest and dumbest water rides ever constructed. Colossus was kind of replaced but with an ugly upcharge carnival ride and a relocated swing ride from somewhere else in the park. Cyclone is going to be replaced with something awesome and if you want to ride a great classic wood coaster there's one over by Scream.

i agree with this -- I rode it in its original form, and it was mostly uncomfortable.