TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I would think that making the Sky screamer go backwards wouldn't be that hard right...

I don't think so. I'm not sure if it has a setting on the computer to make it go backwards or they have to physically turn the chairs around

They turn the chairs.

seems as though they are adding grey wood to cyclone's lift.

Man, dark grey wood with orange track would look so boss

No! No more red or orange Rocky Mountain coasters please!

Why exactly does SF do this? it reminds me of Cedar Fair's infamous streak of red rides with yellow supports.

Why exactly does SF do this? it reminds me of Cedar Fair's infamous streak of red rides with yellow supports.

Maybe they ordered in bulk??

^I'm going tomorrow, but I don't have a smartphone so I don't think I can give any updates live from the park.

maybe I can try and borrow my friend's smartphone but I will try to see what's going on the best I can. and if I can't give any live updates, I will give a big update probably tomorrow night when I get home or Monday morning. I'll try my best!

I couldn't tell if the guy was banning me for a year because I took a picture, or if he thought I was trying to hop the fence. At first he didn't care I was taking pictures but then after he said I was not allowed to take pictures of their property. So obviously that is not true. I am still confused and pissed about that, ruined a coaster day for me, I got it reversed though.

Lying in bed this morning I had a revelation about the cyclone... We're looking at Orange track with a gray structure, and many tweets about Warnings and Shelter in place...

We've seen this idea once before from SF...

Could we see them completely rename the ride? Loose the cyclone all together?

Another "Apocalypse" coaster?

Goliath was taken.

Here we go again with Six Flags overusing a name that doesn't involve a DC Comics superhero or villain!

Two things...

1. It's actually SMARTER for them to overuse a name that doesn't involve a DC Comics character since there are no additional licensing fees involved.

2. While I get that people don't like it when Six Flags reuses names, no one seems to complain when companies like Disney or Legoland does it. How many Space Mountains and Dragon's do we have in the world?

Look, I get it. You want a more original name or theme. But let's also remember this is Six Flags we are talking about. Personally, if it means they spend less money on creative for a name that none of us would really give a crap about anyway, and 99% of their guests would never know that "Goliath" also appears in several other parks, I'd rather they save that money across the chain and spend it on putting in another ride at one of their parks.

I think the majority of you guys know I'm right.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^O.K. I know that Six Flags is big and overusing ride names like "Goliath", "Pandemonium", "Viper", "DeJa Vu", "Mind Eraser", and now "Apocalypse" is going to join Six Flags' list of overused ride names. Maybe I shouldn't have made a big deal of it!

I didn't realize Apocalypse at SFA had such a cool sign....

Back on topic, I don't think that's a terrible name at all and it could have some cool theming to boot. Robb already covered this above, but having all these trademarks and licensed merchandise tie-ins is expensive, and Six Flags has built a brand on their highly recognizable names. They're regional theme parks so the overlap is not particularly bad, and most members of the GP have no idea there are four Goliaths or six Supermans, etc.

As long as the ride isn't called "Drop Tower," "Flight Deck," "Thunderhawk" (ahem Cedar Fair) or "Wile E. Coyote's Wild Woody" I am unconcerned.