TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

They didn't try that hard to hide the fact RMC was transforming this coaster. Sooner or later all Six Flags will have an RMC.

Yeah, RMC's are amazing and unique coasters right now, but just imagine in a few years when just about every park has one, they wont be unique anymore.

Hmm, I never thought of that. I think they will always be amazing, and fun. Depending on design, although they will be unique to the Six Flags chain. ( Unless, they are added to most U.S. theme and amusement parks )

They didn't try that hard to hide the fact RMC was transforming this coaster. Sooner or later all Six Flags will have an RMC.

Yeah, RMC's are amazing and unique coasters right now, but just imagine in a few years when just about every park has one, they wont be unique anymore.

Hmm, I never thought of that. I think they will always be amazing, and fun. Depending on design, although they will be unique to the Six Flags chain. ( Unless, they are added to most U.S. theme and amusement parks )

Although I understand where you are coming from, they aren't even close to clones. If there was a park with all 5 of the current coasters RMC has created, we'd all go crazy. They are all different IMO. Now if we had a park with 5 Batman the Rides in it, we'd all shoot ourselves. I hope you understand what i'm trying to get at. Even though they are I-Box, each ride is completely different.

Although I understand where you are coming from, they aren't even close to clones. If there was a park with all 5 of the current coasters RMC has created, we'd all go crazy. They are all different IMO. Now if we had a park with 5 Batman the Rides in it, we'd all shoot ourselves. I hope you understand what i'm trying to get at. Even though they are I-Box, each ride is completely different.

That's sort of what I was saying, it all depends on design.

That's sort of what I was saying, it all depends on design.

oh of course it all depends on design

Six Flags New England Review

7/10

I was at SFNE last week on Tuesday

I was disappointed on how all the rides at the park closed around 30 minutes before the park closed. I wanted to ride Bizzaro one last time and get a ride on the Sky Screamer. Sadly i did neither... Do they always do this? And is the park planning on doing anything to Goliath's train? There so rough and it's a shame that it rides like that.

x1 Thunderbolt- 3/10 - I rode it in the last row and got decent air time. It hurt so much when my body went flying and hit the buzz bars.

x1 Pandamonium- 6/10 - very smooth ride and my first Gerstlaur spinner. I liked it a lot and I would definitely ride it again. I only had time for one ride but it seemed really good. It would be nicer if it was a little bigger but I guess they were a little tight on space.

x1 Batman The Dark Knight- 7/10 - I have now completed all the B&M Floorless coasters on the East Coast! I thought this one was a weak ride even in the last row. It even had a strong B&M rattle and also had one of the longest lines in the park. Probably my least favorite B&M Floorless on the east coast.

x2 Bizzaro- 10/10 - amazing coaster! It totally exceeded my expectations! Sadly the audio was not running but the mist was. I came with high expectations and the coaster surpassed them. It blew away Millennium Force and wasn't quite as good as SkyRush at Hershey park but it still had amazing air time and it is way better in the last row then the front. The front gives you nice speed but the last row throws you like a rag doll. Amazing amazing coaster!

x3 Goliath- 9/10 - Goliath is a great coaster and a coaster that I have been looking forward to for a long time! It had great drops and very strong g-forces. But the train rattle like no tomorrow. It had a really bad rattle at the bottom of the loops and it was very uncomfortable at certain points. The first time I rode it I had my hands up and my back slammed against the back of the seat and I felt a pain that I have never felt on any other coaster. It felt as if my spine got hit with a baseball or something like that. Going backwards isn't as bad as going forwards but it still is pretty bad. I only got to ride in the last row all three times I rode the coaster because they have assigned seating. Maybe it would have been better in the front. Always make sure you sit on the left side of the train for a smoother ride and the inside seats also provide a smoother ride.

x1 Boomerang- 6/10 - it was my third boomerang and they all feel the same. It's an okay ride.

x1 Scream- 6/10 - the drop felt kind of week because it's an S&S drop tower. I much prefer the Intamin drop towers.

x1 Mind Eraser- 6/10 - just your basic vekoma slc. It was smoother then the other slc's that I have been on. It's not as bad as a ride as people say it is.

x1- Catwomens Whip- 4/10 - it has to have the longest coaster train I have ever seen. I rode in the last row and it dragged me around the track at a nice speed.

The park is good but I'm not in a hurry to rush back and visit it again. If they add more standout rides and if Iron Cyclone is really good then there may be a chance of me coming back...

Six Flags New England Review

7/10

I was at SFNE last week on Tuesday

I was disappointed on how all the rides at the park closed around 30 minutes before the park closed. I wanted to ride Bizzaro one last time and get a ride on the Sky Screamer. Sadly i did neither... Do they always do this?

This must be a new policy but since it's Six Flags New England this surprises me in no way.

And is the park planning on doing anything to Goliath's train? There so rough and it's a shame that it rides like that.

Nope. Even though the old train provided a smooth and enjoyable ride experience and these are extremely painful they are planning to keep these. They spent money on a new train that resulted in the ride being closed for half a season, didn't increase capacity and made the best ride in the park one of the worst rides in the park. This new train has no visible upside. If they would have left the ride alone it would be much better, wouldn't have been closed for half of last year and it would have saved them money on a new train. It's mind boggling really, but most decisions this park makes are.

I rode it in the last row and got decent air time. It hurt so much when my body went flying and hit the buzz bars.

I'll never understand why some people think this ride is rough. It's one of the smoothest wood coasters I've ever ridden and always has been. Oh well, one less person in line I guess

Let me get this straight though... you actually think Thunderbolt is the worst coaster in the park? Worse than Flashback, Mind Eraser, Goliath and the family coaster? Everyone's entitled to their opinion but this is a good opportunity to remind everyone that drugs are bad... mkay.

On another forum, a person was banned from SFNE today for taking a picture of a roller coaster. More info soon...

EDIT: He was OFF PARK PROPERTY, across the street, and took a pic of Cyclone. He was then banned.

What? He was banned from the park? For life? It's not like the project is a secret anymore... does SFNE have any legal right to do this?

EDIT - Nevermind, it was a year-long ban.

I was the one that was banned. Just one year. All I wanted to do was on my way in snap a few pictures. I took 10 pictures and ended up being banned. I guess the guard thought I was trying to climb the fence or something (which you can't do even if you wanted to (it's like 10 feet w/ barbed wire)). Totally overreacted and obnoxious. The guy made me delete the pictures too. I'm gonna try to do something about this, pretty crazy.

I was the one that was banned. Just one year. All I wanted to do was on my way in snap a few pictures. I took 10 pictures and ended up being banned. I guess the guard thought I was trying to climb the fence or something (which you can't do even if you wanted to (it's like 10 feet w/ barbed wire)). Totally overreacted and obnoxious. The guy made me delete the pictures too. I'm gonna try to do something about this, pretty crazy.

yeah man you should contact jen or something.

I post to the other thread too btw, and I really think that the ban was really unfair

He made you delete the pictures? I think that's against the law.

He made you delete the pictures? I think that's against the law.

You are correct. It is againsts the law that he made him delete the pictures.

If I were you I'd return to the public road that runs alongside Cyclone and just hang out. Not on the road, of course, but just walk around like you're getting exercise. With your camera. And take a whole bunch of pictures. Then tweet them to SFNE for good measure.

I'm sorry that happened to you, ugh gotta love mall cops

Here is what I posted on the other forum.

So for those of you that didn't know, you are not allowed to take a picture in the park and their property unless you are with friends. This was said by the parking security supervisor. So make sure you leave your cameras in the car because you can't take pictures.

So I decided to take a trip up to the park. Hit a few rides on Bizarro, check out Cyclone, and ride what remaining flats the park has. Before I entered, I wanted to snap some pictures of Cyclone during the day. So I walked down the pathway and checked out the construction. I went over to the fence on the park side of the road and snapped a few pics and looked at the ride. All of the sudden a park security guard rolls up and said he got a call from the APD saying that they saw someone hop the fence and was hiding in a bush or something. I told him I am a coaster enthusiast just looking to check out the construction and take a few pictures and be on my way. He said he didn't see anything but wanted me to get in. Drove down, turned around, and went to the drop off lot. He told me to get out and stand around. This is when he called the security supervisor and she told him to do the trespass I guess.

So he gets out and gets his clipboard and paper and asks me for a bunch of stuff. They made it seem like a one year ban was nothing and that they are going "easy" on me by only doing one and not one hundred. I was just standing there confused and my mind was blown. All I wanted to do was take some pictures and he said that is not allowed. I said I have been taking pictures of roller coasters for as long as I can remember and at other parks and I just wanted the pictures so I could post them on the fan site. He said you can't take pictures unless you are with friends. He had his buddy come over and talk some more about how a one year ban is fine and seemed like I wouldn't care at all. Like I never go to the park or something. I kept asking I wanted to speak with someone higher up and he said that was me. He was getting rude so I just gave him the info, my pass, and he was off.

Went into the entrance area and sat down for a while. I felt like a piece of me was taken. We asked to speak to a manager and they gave us some security guard. She said there was nothing we can do and you can file a complaint. So we got the head of security to come out and talk. She said they were told I was trying to go through the fence or something and was hiding in a bush, which is complete crap. Basically we spent a while arguing about that and nothing was done.

Here's the thing though, the cops by the bridge can't see anything. They just saw someone walk up to the fence and vanish behind a bush. They said I was in a bush which is false.Clearly when they saw someone going over there their initial thought was that I was trying to get in.

Roller Coasters are my life. I live for them. I am interested in construction and I love taking pictures of them. Why would a coaster nerd with a Bizarro wallet, shirt, coaster counts of hundreds, and a flat out coaster enthusiast try to do anything against park rules?

So many others have taken pictures from that area. In fact, the park tweeted a picture of the construction. Did they break their own rules or something? No signs that said anything anywhere, just a fence that was next to a road. And for some reason going up to the fence and looking at a roller coaster is against park rules. Yeah ok. I even told the guy that I have taken thousands of pictures here and at other parks like Great Adventure and Lake Compounce and his response was "We are not Lake Compounce".

So yeah this is a massive misunderstanding. If they didn't want me to walk over and look at a roller coaster a warning would have been plenty. Then I would have never done it again. Plain and simple. I really don't see any rules broken here. Is there a sign somewhere that says don't photograph our failed attempt to keep a secret somewhere? I would love to know why the employee thinks that taking pictures is violating the rules too. They even said that I was in a restricted area. Yeah ok, who said. I know inside the fence is but clearly I didn't go through the fence. Unless I transformed into a bug or something. I was there for no more than two minutes and took 10 pictures outside the fence. I think they took this way too far. A warning should be the max consequence even if it wasn't allowed. This whole thing seems outrageous to me, I am going to try to send out a few emails and contact some people to see if this can be fixed, not sure what good that will do. But I literally don't see what I did wrong though. Even if taking pictures is not allowed, why would they ban you for a year? They should probably focus more on people that ride coasters with phones out, line jumping, and more. This just seems outrageous to me.