TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I just believe I feel the naming of RMC makeovers of Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant, Medusa Steel Coaster, perhaps it might get a whole new name. Cyclones do not form on the east coast, we get hurricanes and they rotate in the other direction. I've always loved the name but always wondered why many east coasters aren't named after our own storms which are incredibly powerful in this part of the country! Don't get me wrong, love the name a cyclone , and would be pleased with any name as I am incredibly excited about having an RMC beauty an hour from home.

I know Hot Dog on Wheels The Ride is reserved for GaDv next year but that hasn't stopped them before !

I did that trip exactly in June... If you can plan on doing it on a slow day (mid week June is best) you can EASILY do all three in one day...nit helps coming from NYC. SFNE, quassy, LC.

Holy crap! I was thinking a day at Quassy, a day at LC, and 3 at SFNE. How many times could I ride WW at Quassy in a day? What about Boulder Dash at LC?

I did WW about 5 or 6 times in an hour (then lost my car keys and had another three hours to kill while I waited for my father) so that is not a challenge in any way!

BD is a tough one, if they're running two trains, your golden, if they're running one and it's busy, your shot...

I did WW about 5 or 6 times in an hour (then lost my car keys and had another three hours to kill while I waited for my father) so that is not a challenge in any way!

BD is a tough one, if they're running two trains, your golden, if they're running one and it's busy, your shot...

Does Compounce usually run 2 trains? How long is a bad line with one train?

Also, do those 2 parks allow re-rides? I know SF usually does and CF usually doesn't.

It is totally worth the trip to do Quassy, LC, and SFNE! they are my 3 home parks. Quassy is a fun little park. I would go on a weekday, but the camps leave at like 3 or 4, so I would go then and get tons of rides on WW. There are some other fun flats in the park. yoyo is probably the scariest swing ride I have been on (scarier than Sky Screamer, even the NESS, in my opinion) you feel like you are going to tip out of your seat and slide out of your seat. So much fun. But there is not enough things to do there to spend an entire day there. LC is worth an entire day. And then New England is also worth at least one day, probably 2 days.

^^last time I went they only ran 1 train. If you go and they are only running one train, try and convince the operators to put the other train on, but only if the line is terrible. The line gets really long with 1 train, but with 2 it flies.

The ops at Compounce will put a train on if you remind them and the line is long? Don't they have to have maintenance help or get approval or something? Or is that a corporate thing?

I assure you any properly operating amusement park bases their train count on available crew, "turnstile" count if available (or an obviously long line), maintenance availability of the extra train and are only added by the attractions protocol.

At Btmrr we would love getting the call in the tower, I remember those fun days. "Attention on the mountain, mine train entering the circuit from track C, C as in cactus. Please stand clear of track and trackside areas!" Then watching all the guests at the Mexican restaurant get a kick out of empty ghost train rolling feet away from then through the fence. At Disney, we loved having as many EMVs or trains we could, made the day so much more fun for us and our guests.

Anyways getting off topic here. I'm now curious as to what Cyclone 2.0 will have for rolling stock. I have never been on an RMC. Do they all have the same train? They all seem to me elaborate to its hard to tell. (Classic cars on NTG, snake on IR, medusa face....)Are they comfortable ? There's no doubt they will be beautiful on the eyes, so far all of their trains have had an awesome look.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate finally getting another great coaster in this park. I'm glad to see RMC doing so much business and I really wish them all the best and can't wait to see what else this iron horse track will do in the future for other aging Legends.

Seeing the SFMM thread and the name discussion for Colossus someone suggested Mecha Colossus.

So how about Mecha Cyclone? That actually sounds pretty good. Like, who wouldn't ride a coaster named Mecha Cyclone?

Heck, you can stick Mecha in front of every ride name and it'll automatically sound better. Mecha Bizarro, Mecha Thunderbolt, Mecha Mind Eraser, Mecha Great Chase...

Anyways getting off topic here. I'm now curious as to what Cyclone 2.0 will have for rolling stock. I have never been on an RMC. Do they all have the same train? They all seem to me elaborate to its hard to tell. (Classic cars on NTAG, snake on IR, medusa face....)Are they comfortable ? There's no doubt they will be beautiful on the eyes, so far all of their trains have had an awesome look.

Texas Giant and Iron Rattler run Gerstlauer hybrid coaster trains. Outlaw Run, Medusa Steel Coaster, and Goliath run RMC's own trains, which are a bit like two-bench Millennium Flyers. New Cyclone will probably use the latter.

I disagree... I think an American theme is going to happen, for Pete's sake, they just put in a 400 ft red white and blue tower that uses the same midway to enter both rides... I would be stunned if it was apocalyptic themed in anyway.

Bummed it's not Blue track, would have been a nice change...