TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

When you think about it it really doesn't that much. Name one park where more people line up for the Vekoma boomerang than the GCI woodie.

A boomerang won't but I think California's Great America's Flight Deck rivals Gold Strikers line closely for being over 20 years old compared to a new GCI woodie.

Storm warnings. Us New Englanders get these quite a bit, I'm loving these recent graphics and massive removals of pieces of the old ride. This is going to be a good one.

Is there anyone else who thinks Iron Cyclone or Steel Cyclone may not be the actual name? I'm sure the new name will throwback to a storm theme but maybe something a little more creative?

image.jpg.f86aa163d86b73e4656fb92b2e9714c2.jpg

You have been warned.

I have two guesses. It may be called "New Cyclone". It's a classic, so maybe they'll do what they did for Texas Giant and just market it as a made-over version of the original. My other guess would be "Cyclone: Ride of Steel". I certainly wouldn't put it past them to re-use a moniker they once used for a DC-themed ride for an unrelated ride. Lex Luthor and Zumanjaro are both called "Drop of Doom".

I have two guesses. It may be called "New Cyclone". It's a classic, so maybe they'll do what they did for Texas Giant and just market it as a made-over version of the original. My other guess would be "Cyclone: Ride of Steel". I certainly wouldn't put it past them to re-use a moniker they once used for a DC-themed ride for an unrelated ride. Lex Luthor and Zumanjaro are both called "Drop of Doom".

I would say no to that as ride of steel was a play on Superman's nickname man of steel.

I would say no to that as ride of steel was a play on Superman's nickname man of steel.

I know it was. I still wouldn't put it past them.