TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

You would think they would want to announce before anything definitive began, like how Holiday World announced before the track began arriving. I think this project wins worst kept secret of the past few years. Hopefully they have something up their sleeves seeing as how the park's PR team has been talking about it

^ I agree to an extent but the fact that the ride has been closed BUT not demolished kind of gives it away, no? Also, I doubt that these bits of steel going in (and RMC trucks spotted on site) are really going to alert the general public to what they are doing so of course SF are still going to hold off and do their "big reveal" later this month.

The worst kept secrets recently have been Outlaw Run (half-built when announced and leaked early too) and Gatekeeper (plans and idea leaked early, overhead layout leaked in Sandusky Register, renderings and site leaked early.) Banshee was kept mostly secret for a while (even had that wing coaster diversion) but its blueprints were leaked. At least Cyclone's layout is secret... for now.

The worst kept secrets recently have been Outlaw Run (half-built when announced and leaked early too) and Gatekeeper (plans and idea leaked early, overhead layout leaked in Sandusky Register, renderings and site leaked early.) Banshee was kept mostly secret for a while (even had that wing coaster diversion) but its blueprints were leaked. At least Cyclone's layout is secret... for now.

Exactly. The layout is everything and that's something we don't know.

Anyone think the track will be blue instead of orange-red like the other hybrids?

I'm hoping it won't be red or orange! They should mix it up a bit! Plus with the wood a different color, I'm hoping for blue! Although I still wish that medusa's tracks were green...

^^ It wasn't a hybrid, but if weather was an issue why didn't RMC get an earlier start on Goliath last year? RMC's crews are from Idaho, they can deal with the cold weather. With that being said, I hope that since they are getting started earlier, this means this ride will actually open earlier than most other new rides at Six Flags parks. I'll never forget raising the concern on construction of Goliath starting so late last year and that the ride might not open in time for the beginning of the season on the Great America thread. I got absolutely overwhelmed with responses like "that never happens at Great America, they get their rides opened on time". Goliath didn't open until the middle of June, so yeah I say this has more do with getting the ride completed on time and getting all hands on deck for Iron Colossus.

RMC has expanded their manufacturing base and came out with two coasters in both 2013 and 2014, I'm sure they are capable now of getting both retrofits done by next summer.

When will their new plant be ready to be used?

Something tells me that RMC is trying to get Iron Cyclone done ASAP, because they're going to need all hands on deck for Iron Colossus. I also don't think that is going to be a two year project. I truly believe Six Flags wants it opened next year.

Yeah, Iron Colossus is basically two coasters, depending on what they do with it. that's gonna be a monster to get done for 2015. It should be AMAZING though. Iron Cyclone is already well on it's way.