TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

You know, I kind of feel bad for some of the staff at SFNE. Some of them really really try hard to please their guests but the 80% who don't give a crap ruin the experience. I wouldn't mind paying top dollar for food if for one, they remember to serve it (it seems twice a season they forget my stuff ) and secondly, not cuss me out when I ask for it 20 minutes later.

I feel like staff were so much more polite in the Riverside Days.

I have gone from 6 visits a year to my home park to just one to ride whatever new thing they have added. This year was NESS. I used to be able to ride SROS but now my legs don't fit under the new bars. (I am tall and squishy but not big to the point were I should be walk of shamed) I fit on rides big guys usually complain about being tight like El toro and Millennium Force. This alone keeps me and my party from going to the park. Do you know how much it blows to see that Intamin monstrosity there and have to settle for... batman. I love how some of you are like "the restraints are fine..." Not really man...

Goliath rattles the hell out of you, HUGE shame, huge dissapointment and even worse than last year. Now that I'm done bitching, here's the positives... And what I WISH the park would do instead of keep plopping rides.

For christs sakes let's get Bizzaro back to SROS. I know the t bars are banned but there must be a better way to get around this issue than kick people out of every other train after waiting an hour in the hot sun. If you must keep Bizzaro Bizzare, at least get rid of the dishonest test seat, or give tall guys that need to test a wristband so that when you tell the poor ride ops (who are just doing their jobs, probably get screamed at all day, and are just following a new policy) they don't just assume you are lying.

As for cyclone retiring... I totally understand the sentiment of its loss, but picture this: The ride, by it's very unique design, has torn itself to shreds and needed constant and more frequent maintenance than your average coaster. I stopped loving the ride when the drop was ruined. Most people old enough to remember will agree that Cyclone died when Riverside Cyclone did. The park can't let Cyclone rot , the iron horse treatment will bring love back to the North End, and somewhere in that wooden mess I hope the "soul of the ride" returns. The next generation will be riding this long after we are gone, I am happy to see this versus letting it meet the wrecking ball like our other New England wooden coasters.

This is a wise choice for once. I never understood their reason for removing rides so often , I mean I can think of a few.

I for one am glad they got rid of the racetrack, didn't have a place in a modern amusement park.

Why the hell did they get rid of the Ferris wheel?

The flume was horrible, short, the water smelled like a port o john and the line was long. Peace out.

Shitwreck Falls didn't last long. The water smelled like a port o john with a week old dead animal inside but people gobbled it up on a hot day. I was excited to see Goliath show up but was immediately dissapointed when for one : they kept it neon colors , slapped the generic name on it, and put it in the section of the park Crackaxle Canyon which is otherwise beautiful and full of warm reds, yellows and natural earth tones. Now I wish they just kept the dark boat ride there. That was cool! six Flags, why didn't yall paint Goliath to match Crackaxle? In 10 seconds I can squirt out 10 Better names to match that themed area. Marauder, Rattler, Renegade, Outlaw, Dust Devil, Mirage, Firestorm, Scorpion, Sidewinder, Mr. Six's Snake Oil Shenanigans Express of YOLO.

Please fix.

I totally understand where other people are coming from now when non-locals come to SFGAdv and can't understand why the locals complain about it so much. I found SFNE to be a very pleasant park overall, much easier on the eyes than SFGAdv. Not as wide a selection of coasters, but Cyclone > Rolling Thunder, Bizarro > Nitro, Batman (NE) > Bizarro (GAdv), and Thunderbolt > SFGAdv's classic woodie which doesn't exist. Operations were not great but nothing terrible either. I mean I get that locals have a lot to complain about, but it's still easily the best Six Flags that I personally have ever attended.

I feel ya cam. I'm 5'11" and I feel comfortable in the seats with the bar all the way down but they still tell me I can't ride. It actually kind of kills me. It's just confusing. It's not like I'm an Acer, I'm a USMC veteran, I'm in good enough shape to run the grueling confidence course but not small enough for a roller coaster.

I miss that patriotic paint scheme, and oh yes, being able to ride it...

Bizarro has U-bars, no? With the shin bar? At 6'2 that makes me worried I wouldn't fit.

I can't speak for Bizarro as I haven't ridden it but I've seen my fair share of El Toro walk of shames (almost every time I ride) and we figured out that it has less to do with the size of ones belly/overall girth, and more to do with the largeness of their thighs and ass keeping the bar from not going down far enough. I have only ever felt Kingda Ka was an issue for me size wise, the OTSRs were very tight (gave me light bruises on shoulders last time I rode) but I fit.

I have no ass to speak of , I think it's the length of my legs that keep the bar from getting to the magic zone. It does have U bars since the accident. I have seen many people squishier but shorter than me ride with no problem. I mean I'm not Michael Jordan , height shouldn't be an issue.

I hate to say it bud but if they don't change out those lousy bars you may be out of luck for bizarro. I am able to ride Ka and Toro easily but there's something about Bizzaro. I encourage anyone who has had to walk of shame and you're not even big, to fill out the survey SfNe sends out to pass holders. Tell them everyone should be able to ride. I feel horrible about the accident but I feel it involved way more than manufacturer error.

As someone who works with special needs adults for a living, I understand savant strength, and moreso that the poor guy should have never been left alone without his staff.

I don't think it's six flags fault for changing the trains, the laws changed after the horrible accident , but there are other methods to try. I feel like if the park is satisfied with turning so many people away then they are on the wrong business. Please fix all the broken and unfair crap before adding more rides.

I also can't blame the park for Goliath's new train. Park made effort to replace, premier promised a better train and produced a shaky new train. Get a refund six flags! And I'd rather have ThighCrush restraints on SrOs if I meant I could ride. Please! Please!

Yeah, and sadly I have not stopped growing. I will likely be closer to 5' 10" or maybe 6' so that's something that will concern my future. Also you are absolutely right. I should file a complaint about that at some point, and yes Six Flags should get a full refund. They likely paid about a million dollars for better trains and they got lousy, shaky trains.

I barely fit on Toro (it's. 50-50 chance that I need to be stapled by the op, but I usually don't need more than one push) and I fit on TTD and MF (although I sometimes need a bit of time or help on the belts due to the side clasps.) I've been walk of shamed on Wicked Twister (but not Possessed or SFDK V2) and the CGA Woodstock Express.

I am 5'2" and quite heavy, but I'm physically smaller than my weight would make you think.

Would I probably fit on Bizarro?

Bizarro's test seat did worry me a bit since it was a tight squeeze for me. I'm 6'0", 250 pounds, and have longer legs; not exactly a small guy! I know there are people my size that have ridden Bizarro in either of its iterations and have come out fine, but it does worry me that I might not be able to ride it if the ride ops are not having a good day. So I ask you guys a question; would I be able to ride the coaster with my size?

The PTCs on Cyclone and T-Bolt were also a tight squeeze; damn things have barely any legroom. I hope Cyclone's new trains will be a bit more accommodating. It also makes me a bit worried what Lake Compounce's Boulder Dash would be like; I know that's a different ride at a different park but it does use those PTC boxcar trains.

Batman was not a problem for me; I managed to get the restraint to click though it did hurt a bit on the chest. And oddly the only ride that had the most comfortable trains was Flashback. Yeah, the ride was what it was, but the trains themselves were quite roomy.

The main problem with the restraints seemed to be the distance between the bar and the floor, which seemed strange to me, it should be the distance between the bar and the seat that matters. It seemed like if you've got legs that are long between your knee and your foot, that's what would get most people in trouble. My brother is almost exactly my height, but his feet were basically glued to the floor, he couldn't move his legs at all (whereas I could). Certainly the most restrictive lap bar I've seen, I'm just lucky to be rather small.

After Sfne finally let me speak with management they told me the policy was changed where they would assist guests with two attempts and then remove the person. They really only try once and don't care if you tell them you tested the seat three times with NO difficulty. They admit the test seat is useless. Someone in management should be embarrassed this has gone on so long.

This was done because trains were constantly stacking. I understand the importance of dispatch times. I worked at Disneyland for 5 years spatching mine trains and jeeps. Both rides accommodated gigantic people. With that being said, about 5 times a day we ran into language barriers, were screamed at by pregnant women who refused to let us lower the bars, etc. We ran 5 trains on two sides, three trains on one. If the trains stacked with one platform , the grouper must run to the empty station and catch the train quickly to avoid a breakdown. With 5 trains on two sides there is no where to catch the mine trains and we break down. I assume if Bizzaro sits too long they experience a possibly similar effect.

bizarro would constantly stop on the lift due to this issue which panics your average joe. They could have chosen a better way to fix the issue IMO.

The Seat and restraint look and feel identical to the actual train's. The indicator light always goes off for me saying I can ride. It even feels comfortable in both the test seat and in the train. It seems the computer is telling operators that the bar is not down enough to spatch. The Test seat seems to be too lenient with its light indicator, and the restraints too unforgiving on the actual trains.

The Seat and restraint look and feel identical to the actual train's. The indicator light always goes off for me saying I can ride. It even feels comfortable in both the test seat and in the train. It seems the computer is telling operators that the bar is not down enough to spatch. The Test seat seems to be too lenient with its light indicator, and the restraints too unforgiving on the actual trains.

The worst part is how the park admits that this is the case. Granted, I usually see teenagers just chilling in the seat which is a park pet peeve of mine.