TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Honestly I just think people complain about Bizarro too much. I admit I never rode it back when it was Superman and the restraints aren't the most comftorable, but you guys are foolish if you don't think this is a world class coaster still. I rode it this year for the first time and it's my #3 steel only behind 2 other world class coasters in Skyrush and Maverick.

I think Bizarro has a similar opinion as Skyrush now. Either people hate it because of the restraints or can get over it and still appreciate how great the ride is. I'm sorry but no coaster at SFNE is close to the quality of Bizarro right now.

Bizarro is still #4 in the Mitch Hawker poll and yet the best coaster at the park is Batman???

I don't think some of the locals appreciate Bizarro enough but that's probably because they've ridden it when it was SROS with the better trains. I never got to ride it in that form but I rode it as Bizarro a few months ago for the first time and thought it was a fantastic ride, definitely better than every other ride in the park by quite a bit.

Bizarro is going downhill. It use be a lot better. The last time I was there it wasn't tat bad. It was good for the first half then when it went to the spaghetti bowl it slowed down a lot! also at some points the train would randomly slide side to side.

Bizarro is going downhill. It use be a lot better. The last time I was there it wasn't tat bad. It was good for the first half then when it went to the spaghetti bowl it slowed down a lot! also at some points the train would randomly slide side to side.

Yeah the first half is great but the second half is no longer what it used to be. The new trains don't track nearly as well and a lot of energy is lost to the shuffling and such.

I personally think SFAs S:ROS has better airtime even without considering the vastly better restraints than the current bizarro trains. The end sequence is very intense and fast pace whereas bizarro just rattles and sluggishly moves through the hills.

It's good ride and on a good day it's easily the best in the park but it doesn't compare to the top rides today like the RMCs and I305, or even Nitro.

Haven't been here since 2007 and I'm finally going back in about a week and a half. What is the issue with Bizarro? Is it just you guys incessantly complaining about the restraints because they hug more of the midsection or has the ride actually slowed down in the past seven years?

When I rode it last week it was running better than it has for me since 2010 and that covered about 7-8 different visits. Was really pulling forcefully over the hills and hops.

You guys are insane and are not picking at things for no reason, Bizarro is still a great coaster, being someone who has been on when it was SROS I can say the new restraints don't provide all that much a different experience, I like the new ones other than the stupid metal panels the welded on the sides of the bars. I can also say Goliath is still a decent coaster and as well mind eraser has improved a lot, rode it in the back last weekend for the first time ever and it was easily the best experience I've had on any suspended coaster, including the batman clones

Their are actually a few other events planned, they are putting a special firework display on in honor of cyclone, as well as a flashback to the 80s event where they will have 80s themed games and whatnot around cyclone, not to mention the last rides on cyclone being given to acers from 10:00-11:00pm on the 20th

I'm sorry but no coaster at SFNE is close to the quality of Bizarro right now.

I agree but really just by default now that they ruined Goliath. Bizarro is a really good coaster... it's not great and it's not what it used to be.

Bizarro just doesn't seem as amazing as it used to. The restraints are crap and make the ride much less enjoyable but there's more too it than that, the ride is just sluggish. The airtime isn't even in the same universe as the airtime on rides like El Toro or I305 and the helix section seems slow, rattly and uninteresting.

Bizarro is the best ride in the park but only because there are no longer any stand out coasters there. I really enjoy Thunderbolt and Batman but they're not going to crack anyone's top 10 lists.

Regarding Bizarro's trains, I honestly found them to be more comfortable than the S:ROS ones at SFA, which I assume are the same that were on Bizarro before the transformation. There is absolutely no leg room if you are more than, say, 5' 10'', and the ankle bars are at the worst possible angle so that they put way too much pressure on your shins (not sure if Bizarro ever had those or not, but they suck). The plastic boxes on the seat in front of you push into your legs and cause bruises on the knees.

Bizarro was always my #1 coaster before and after the transformation. It was actually still my #1 coaster after I went to CP and rode Millennium Force. Currently it is not my #1 coaster, MF is. The restraints and the new train initially didn't change my view on the ride but more recently it has. I had no problem with the original "New" restraints they were comfortable and fine. What really bugged me was the ankle plates, that's where I drew the line. And not to mention the view blocking head rests, they didn't bother me when it was first transformed but now that the audio is spoty at best the coaster is no longer my #1. Hint to Six flags the two things that made me change my #1 were changes that were made during the bizarro transformation.

BTW you will never see the T-Bars return. Mass added a state law banning them on mega coasters.

I really wish I could've ridden Bizarro during it's S:ROS days, so I can't really compare. I rode it last year when I went during Memorial day and I still thought it was a fantastic ride. The only thing I couldn't stand were the stupid headrests with the speakers which weren't even working. And for some reason I loved going up the lift hill and seeing the river below on the left.

Hey all,

I'm heading to SFNE on Sunday, August 3rd for the first time and really looking forward to riding Bizarro and Goliath (I know it has been bastardized by the new train, but it will be my first GIB). I would like to get all the credits while there and get many rides on Bizarro if possible, can I do that with out a Flash Pass? Do any of the kiddie coasters require a child to ride ?(I fully accept my credit whoring ways)

Any can't miss/unique flats? I know of NESkyScreamer, and I may be the only one in my group to ride that so it won't be high on the priority list.

My home park is SFGAm, and the food is terrible. Is SFNE any better? Any recommendations for a decent meal while there?

Thanks for your assistance...

Hey all,

I'm heading to SFNE on Sunday, August 3rd for the first time and really looking forward to riding Bizarro and Goliath (I know it has been bastardized by the new train, but it will be my first GIB). I would like to get all the credits while there and get many rides on Bizarro if possible, can I do that with out a Flash Pass? Do any of the kiddie coasters require a child to ride ?(I fully accept my credit whoring ways)

Any can't miss/unique flats? I know of NESkyScreamer, and I may be the only one in my group to ride that so it won't be high on the priority list.

My home park is SFGAm, and the food is terrible. Is SFNE any better? Any recommendations for a decent meal while there?

Jb BBQ is good food along with take 6 cafe. Try to hit up Houdini, tomahawk, and buzzsaw.

Hey all,

Some tips for riding everything in a day can be found on the last few pages but you shouldn't have a problem.

As far as can't miss flats... Tomohawk and Buzzsaw are probably the best flats in the park besides NESS. Houdini's Great Escape is really good too though the theming isn't nearly as good as it is on the Great Adventure version (on the ride or the pre-show). Scream also runs in combo mode occasionally which is rare to find on an S&S tower but keep in mind that in true SFNE fashion there is no choice of seat or tower so you may have to keep re-riding it if only one tower is running in combo mode as any polite requests for a specific tower will be met with an angry response.

I think the best food in the park by far can be found in Crackaxle Canyon. JB's is a great place for lunch or dinner and the kettle corn is awesome and makes for a great snack.

Have fun!

PS: You don't need a kid to ride any of the family / kids coasters

Thanks for the advice from earlier guys. Just one more question. Does the park close down rides in the rain like Cedar Point or does everything generally remain open? Me and my friends are supposed to go Wednesday and the forecast looks like rain.

I'll also throw in that JB's is really good, probably the best food I've ever eaten in a Six Flags park. With that being said, just remember that it IS in a Six Flags park, so be prepared to spend some money.

^SFNE will run their rides in rain, even relatively heavy rain. If there's lightning within a 10 mile radius, then they'll close down rides. Depending on the severity of the weather, Houdini, Stage Coach Bumper Cars, Tea Cups, and the Carousel may be open during thunderstorms, and are all fun for what they are.

Thanks for the advice from earlier guys. Just one more question. Does the park close down rides in the rain like Cedar Point or does everything generally remain open? Me and my friends are supposed to go Wednesday and the forecast looks like rain.

SFNE runs pretty much everything in the rain though Goliath may close. They're not quite as crazy as you guys though. I've never seen a park less interested in what the weather is doing than Great Adventure... it's awesome.

SFNE runs pretty much everything in the rain though Goliath may close. They're not quite as crazy as you guys though. I've never seen a park less interested in what the weather is doing than Great Adventure... it's awesome.

LOL yeah we're pretty good at that. We only watch out for thunder generally haha Plus we like to run our coasts in sub-freezing temperatures.

^^^ My buddy and I have been planning a trip up to SFGAdv this Wednesday and the weather has been all over. Right now it looks like it will only rain in the morning, and of course he's very leary about going but I keep telling him they have the most lax rain policy and as long as its just rain and not thunder/lightning we should be dealing with everything but Ka running and a hopefully empty park. I've even been joking about buying ponchos to bring with. Hoping its like what I heard about July 4th - rain in morning and park stayed pretty dead all day.