TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

If it was an Iron Horse treatment, they would've planned to close the ride down in August like Colossus is doing. I'm guessing that they will take their time to tear down the ride for a new one.

Maybe since it hasn't been well maintend at all, it will need more work to have it open around the right time

So take this with a grain of salt, but I was told that Cyclone, like Colossus, will indeed be receiving the Iron Horse treatment. This is verified by the fact that if you visit the park TODAY and look at the ride's structure, you'll see two key elements:

1. paint markers on existing bents where bent height will be altered.

2. reinforcement of the structure in places.

I'm hearing also that the layout will be much different than what the current Cyclone profile is. Not as "cut and dry" as Medusa Mexico was. For example, they will have to close down the current "through the structure" entrance way, as that section of the ride will be much different (lower in profile).

Why they chose to start this work in July, I have no idea? Perhaps between SFMM, SFGAd and SFNE, it was more so a project management issue? Who knows.

I'm pretty sure the Enterance is going to be where the rides original Enterance was. Near sky screamer.

Noting for the record that the current "Exit Ramp" was actually "Entrance #2" in the life of the Cyclone, not the original entrance. Any way, from what I am hearing this will remain the "Exit Ramp." A new entrance/queue will be made more near where the *original* entrance was ... which right now, is sort of kind of in back of where the Boomerang (original one from KK) is. Maybe it will cut across the top of the hill from Crackaxle Canyon? It's a possibility, since there is so much hardware now down on the midway (where the original entrance once stood).

They already have this convenient little path to nowhere between the Scrambler and the New England Skyway that heads towards the general direction of the coaster... just saying.

The only problem is that this solution won't require them to remove any rides which I know they love to do... so maybe they can build an entrance where Scrambler is and then leave this path untouched for "future expansion" or a smoking area. (And yes I'm joking... kind of)

772167673_ScreenShot2014-06-25at1_04_56PM.thumb.png.6fd43d0d6a9d39d0b05156b32e78393f.png

They already have this convenient little path to nowhere between the Scrambler and the New England Skyway that heads towards the general direction of the coaster... just saying.

The only problem is that this solution won't require them to remove any rides which I know they love to do... so maybe they can build an entrance where Scrambler is and then leave this path untouched for "future expansion" or a smoking area. (And yes I'm joking... kind of)

Isn't the Chinese place there now? I've never seen that path.

Panda Express is on the other end of the Scrambler. There isn't really any clearance for anything where that path is because of the New England Skyway being so low overhead but it's not low enough that a busy path wouldn't be feasible.

EDIT: Here it is in relation to the Skyway.

285984606_ScreenShot2014-06-25at1_14_43PM.png.baa32e5ecdbeaf3ded7dda0e7b3d18e9.png

Panda Express is on the other end of the Scrambler. There isn't really any clearance for anything where that path is because of the New England Skyway being so low overhead but it's not low enough that a busy path wouldn't be feasible.

EDIT: Here it is in relation to the Skyway.

Oh, now I know what you're talking about

Since Flashback is rather redundant (and before people disagree there is quite the difference in quality between having two Vekomas versus two B&M hyper/gigas in a park)... So at any rate, what is the likelihood they remove Flashback and use some of this land for whatever they do with the Cyclone? (Crosses fingers)

I'd love to see RMC take a shot at a wooden boomerang style coaster for SFNE. It would greatly compliment the current lineup, with the bonus of being a "World's First".

SFNE already has two boomrang coasters. Why would they need a third?

I'd love to see RMC take a shot at a wooden boomerang style coaster for SFNE. It would greatly compliment the current lineup, with the bonus of being a "World's First".

Ha, no park should have 3 boomerang coasters!

SFNE already has two boomrang coasters. Why would they need a third?

Good things come in threes.

6/26/14 Quick Non-Photo Report

Bizarro 4x

Cyclone 3x

NESS 2x

Flashback, Goliath, GC:EfAA, Batman, Mind Eraser, Thunderbolt 1x

Plus some flats

Full day at the park, 10:30 to 9. First thing was to ride NESS. I don't like heights but I did it for my friends. It was pretty terrifying . Bizarro was running pretty good. Fog and S shields up and running. Wait was 5-15 minutes throughout the day. NESS was 30-60 minutes after we got done with our first ride. Cyclone was running both trains in the afternoon. I got a really good ride on it at night. Second best ride on it that I can recall. A great sendoff ride since I probably won't be back to ride before July 20th . Bizarro had a 20 minute breakdown in the afternoon. Goliath ran all day without a hiccup, I believe. It was my first time riding with the new restraints, and they suck. Yeah, its rougher, but I also wish there was less chest room and that there were handles so I've got something to grip. At night we rode NESS again in the wind. The chairs were doing 3/4 spins because it was so windy! Not one of my favorite ride experiences...

Overall, a great day at the park with light crowds and no complaints. I don't car how much people b***h about Six Flags, this is an awesome park.

Hi All! Really hoping someone can help me with this as I am driving myself crazy researching and trying to find the answer to my question. I grew up going to Riverside park in the early-mid 90s before it was SFNE. I was young but i distinctly remember a certain ride that I am desperately trying to find more information or a picture of. Riverside used to have a collection of water slides all the way on the left hand side of the park essentially where Blizzard River is now. There were a few enclosed raft slides but the one in particular that I am after was 2 slides on the far right side of this water slide section. They were near vertical slides where you knelt/sat on a small plastic thing. There was a flap at the top of the slide with a happy face on it, it dropped down and when it dropped so did you traveling down the slide and skimming across the water at the bottom. I have searched everywhere but I still cannot find a good picture of it. Someone please help!!! I have attached a park map I found which shows "Wild River Falls" on the far left but it is too blurry to read the names of each slide. I also found this quote : " in 1989 to make way for Wild River Falls, a waterslide complex consisting of three sets of slides: Riptide, Blue Lightning, and Pipeline. A popular attraction, Wild River Falls remained in operation until the opening of the Island Kingdom Waterpark in 1997." I believe the name of the attraction I am after might be "RIPTIDE" but I am not 100% certain. Thank you in advance for the help!

riverside.jpg.961263e6f9f6516c4c1238fa584a9eea.jpg

Old Map - Look all the way to left side

Like this? Rampage at Water Country USA

Thank you that is very similar - but the one at Riverside I believe you had to kneel on it not sit like in this video. Really hoping someone has pics/video of the exact one.

Check out this video at the 4:01 mark. But it doesn't look like the rider is kneeling.

Check out this video at the 4:01 mark. But it doesn't look like the rider is kneeling.

Thanks Larry. That is actually one of the slides to the left of the one I am talking about. Those were enclosed and you rode 2 to a raft. For those who have been there and ridden them the slide in Larry's video is on the left of the collection, with the 2 farthest right being the ones I am trying to get pictures of.

I haven't gone to SFNE since 2007, and I'm planning on finally going back between the last week of July and the first week of August. I remember that operations were quite slow (1 train on S:RoS/Bizarro with 5+ minute dispatches) but I don't know how much that has changed in the past seven years. I plan on getting there about a half hour before the park opens in order to get a good parking spot and to beat the crowds. Is it recommended to get a flash pass? If not, what route through the park is best recommended to avoid the crowds? I'm considering doing the water park as although I rarely do water rides, this will be the first master blaster type slide that I have encountered in person so I'm reconsidering.

I was originally planning to do the trip during Cyclone's last week of operation, but my aunt and uncle (whose home I'm using as a base camp) are going to be away at that time, but I know I'm not missing much because I remember Cyclone not being that good anyway.

I remember this slide and have been on it at Riverside Park back in the early 90's, I am almost 100% sure it was called RipTide. I don't recall being on your knees but remember the hard plastic raft which I beleive you sat on with your knees up holding onto the side handles. I remember if you didn't skim across the bottom you wiped out & got soaked. Somewhere I have old video footage of this slide, if I can ever find it I'll post to this thread Cool ride to bring up, I had forgot about that section of slides!

I haven't gone to SFNE since 2007, and I'm planning on finally going back between the last week of July and the first week of August. I remember that operations were quite slow (1 train on S:RoS/Bizarro with 5+ minute dispatches) but I don't know how much that has changed in the past seven years. I plan on getting there about a half hour before the park opens in order to get a good parking spot and to beat the crowds. Is it recommended to get a flash pass? If not, what route through the park is best recommended to avoid the crowds? I'm considering doing the water park as although I rarely do water rides, this will be the first master blaster type slide that I have encountered in person so I'm reconsidering.

I was originally planning to do the trip during Cyclone's last week of operation, but my aunt and uncle (whose home I'm using as a base camp) are going to be away at that time, but I know I'm not missing much because I remember Cyclone not being that good anyway.

Cyclone runs much better than it used to thanks to Topper Track. If I were you I'd head for Goliath first, then do Pandemonium as it has low capacity, Sky Screamer (if you want to... this will have a long line though), Cyclone and Flashback if you want to put yourself through that.

Then you can really just work your way back and ride the rest of the coasters. Goliath and Pandemonium are best to ride first though since one has awful capacity and one breaks down all the time so if it's running just get on it and get it over with. The mouse has a low capacity too but it's not that popular so it's not a big deal if you ride it later.

BTW if you don't have a Six Flags season pass don't park in their lot. Everyone across the street from the park has signs out front with parking prices between 3 and 5$. It's cheaper and more convenient than parking in the SFNE lot.