TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Goliath used to be good, and now is is just awful. Literally the worst coaster I have ever been on. Mind Eraser is MUCH better than Goliath. Goliath is by far the worst roller coaster I have been on. It is even worse than Wildcat a few years ago.

That's extreme. The ride is still good but with a few bumps here and there. I'll take mind eraser over mostly everything there other than bizarro. It's intense and non-stop.

Goliath could get the boot if it doesn't cooperate. I don't blame them, flashback is more reliable anyway.

I'm running out of good things to say about Goliath. I've ridden it many times this season and each ride I get has been getting worse and worse. I'm really REALLY hoping that the park can work with Premier to resolve the issues with the train because I do not want to give up on what was once a fantastic ride. A friend of mine will be visiting the park soon to get his first ride on a GIB, and I'm almost embarrassed to encourage him to ride after all the great things I've said about it in the past.

Would someone who can fit on El Toro (with a little extra push) be able to fit onto Bizarro? I'm visiting SFNE for the first time next week and am getting nervous about these reports of walks of shame.

When I worked on Bizarro, I found that if the restraint doesn't go down to the closed position, sliding your knees forward can sometimes fix it.

I'll take mind eraser over mostly everything there other than bizarro. It's intense and non-stop.

Obviously the coasters people enjoy are subjective and everyone has their own opinions but... really?

That does explain why you're the only one in the thread who doesn't think Goliath is all that rough though. Some people enjoy being in pain.

I'm just not a baby about it.

Other than bizarro, sfne's coaster line up is pretty mediocre. I'm sure with IC on the horizon, it will change the line up for the better. But batman is really not as great as it looks, Thunderbolt is blah as is cyclone and pandy. Goliath is a lot of fun when you can get a good ride as is flashback. But even though ME can be rough, the lay out for SLC's is awesome. Very non-stop and intense. If they added new restraints more people would understand.

Sometimes I swear I'm riding a different Thunderbolt than everyone else is. This ride has always been awesome regardless of what seat you're in which is very rare on an old wood coaster. It's just amazingly smooth and a lot of fun but I see a lot of posts about how it's rough (not from you) or boring. I'm not exactly putting it on my top 10 list but am I the only one that loves this ride?

And I agree that the SLC has a cool layout but they're just way too painful for me to enjoy them.

I think the main problem is that a lot of people score roller coasters that are more intense and a longer ride as better. I find a ride that is just a good fun ride can be just as good! After getting home from a today, 20 roller coaster trip through Pennsylvania (Knoebles, Hershey, Dorney, Coney Island) my cousin and I realized just how in tents Six Flags great adventure is. After riding roller coasters for two days that were all more on the "fun "list rather than the "crazy intense" list, we found that our experience throughout the weekend was probably more enjoyable than going to great adventure for one day.

Before everyone murders me for that comment, I do still score more intense roller coasters higher on my top 10, but I find a weekend full of enjoyable rides just as entertaining. In regards to the thunderbolt, I agree, it is a fun enjoyable ride. We don't need to reinvent the wheel to enjoy a phenomenal ride!

I think the main problem is that a lot of people score roller coasters that are more intense and a longer ride as better. I find a ride that is just a good fun ride can be just as good! After getting home from a today, 20 roller coaster trip through Pennsylvania (Knoebles, Hershey, Dorney, Coney Island) my cousin and I realized just how in tents Six Flags great adventure is. After riding roller coasters for two days that were all more on the "fun "list rather than the "crazy intense" list, we found that our experience throughout the weekend was probably more enjoyable than going to great adventure for one day.

Before everyone murders me for that comment, I do still score more intense roller coasters higher on my top 10, but I find a weekend full of enjoyable rides just as entertaining. In regards to the thunderbolt, I agree, it is a fun enjoyable ride. We don't need to reinvent the wheel to enjoy a phenomenal ride!

I thought Goliath was the best ride at the park last year when I went. Amazing how a new train can ruin a ride..

Honestly, I haven't really noticed much of a difference with Goliath's new trains. Maybe I'm just tall enough to not really be affected by them.

Also, today was the most dead that I've ever seen the place. EVERYTHING was a walk-on except for NESS, and that was maybe a fifteen-minute wait. Seriously, there was barely anyone around at all; there wasn't even a flood of people from the waterpark when it closed, as most of them just opted to leave. That was probably where everyone was to begin with, as it was hot as balls out.

Honestly, I haven't really noticed much of a difference with Goliath's new trains. Maybe I'm just tall enough to not really be affected by them.

Also, today was the most dead that I've ever seen the place. EVERYTHING was a walk-on except for NESS, and that was maybe a fifteen-minute wait. Seriously, there was barely anyone around at all; there wasn't even a flood of people from the waterpark when it closed, as most of them just opted to leave. That was probably where everyone was to begin with, as it was hot as balls out.

Good I'm heading out today and don't want it to be too crowded. I've been there when there have been so little people they had to close the park to so many people they filled up all of the overflow lots. You need it to be the perfect amount. Also if its not crowded i can finally get my goliath credit but now i may not want to after seeing some reviews.

Yes the park was very dead yesterday. I got 14 rides on bizarro without getting off

No you didn't. The park does not allow guests to stay on. They have to go back around.

Plus it wasn't quiet enough to have an empty station.

It depends. cyclone had no wait today so the op let me stay on 5 times until someone was in line for my row.

No you didn't. The park does not allow guests to stay on. They have to go back around.

Actually, the Bizarro station was almost entirely empty for most of the day yesterday. This is not an exaggeration - the place really was that dead. They regularly sent out trains with over half of the seats empty because the few people that were waiting clustered towards either the front or the back, so it's totally conceivable that the ops just let him go ahead with it until someone else showed up to wait for his seat.

Actually, the Bizarro station was almost entirely empty for most of the day yesterday. This is not an exaggeration - the place really was that dead. They regularly sent out trains with over half of the seats empty because the few people that were waiting clustered towards either the front or the back, so it's totally conceivable that the ops just let him go ahead with it until someone else showed up to wait for his seat.

They wouldn't let you 14 in a row though. I think that they will make u get out if they let you stay after about 10 rides.

I have never seen anyone stay on even when the park was dead. I think it's just a cooperation policy.

Yeah that's a lie, maybe he lapped it 14 times..

I didn't see it, but if you've got a crew of bored teenagers who have witnessed a nearly-empty station for the entire day, it's conceivable that asking them for consecutive laps could have been met with a "Sure, go ahead" if enough of the crew didn't care one way or the other.

I don't know if this is a chain or park policy but in GAdv, I regularly get re-rides without walking around on dead days. Me and my friend got 14 rides in a row on El Toro without getting off last week. This is the one thing I really wish CF parks would do and it annoys the shit out of me that they make you walk around on dead days. Absolutely no reason for it when no one is there.

Don't know about all CF parks, but King's Dominion was allowing re-rides when I was there on a quiet, rainy day last week, at least on a couple of the coasters. I don't know if the ride ops were breaking policy or what, but they were definitely letting people stay on Anaconda and the wooden coasters.

Don't know about all CF parks, but King's Dominion was allowing re-rides when I was there on a quiet, rainy day last week, at least on a couple of the coasters. I don't know if the ride ops were breaking policy or what, but they were definitely letting people stay on Anaconda and the wooden coasters.

KD normally allows rerides, but they don't allow more than 2 in a row on i305, cuz its so dang intense!