TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Are we really breaking down the aerodynamics of the train now? I really think we should all reach out to the engineers at the major coaster design firms that do this for a living and have engineering degrees and let them know about this forum so they could read through it and learn how to do their jobs properly.

Are we really breaking down the aerodynamics of the train now? I really think we should all reach out to the engineers at the major coaster design firms that do this for a living and have engineering degrees and let them know about this forum so they could read through it and learn how to do their jobs properly.

Some of us are still sadly in the off season. Wild speculation based off unscientific YouTube observations keeps us sane®.

Although considering GIBs go backwards, the aerodynamics are probably not as important as we'd think. It's "aerodynamic" forward and a large sail backwards. Those trains are the same sail in either direction.

I'm going to the park with 2 friends of mine for the first time Saturday. Any advice on a gameplan, crowds or just things I should know about the park in general would be appreciated.

Bizarro or goliath first. After those anything doesn't usually have a line.

I totally forgot that Goliath was getting new trains this season. They do have a much better appereance, the look modern. Hopefully these will ride comfortable as well.

I think the majority of Vekoma coasters could benefit greatly from new trains. Or topper track.

Yeah, it's definitely running faster in that video.

EDIT: Just got stuck between the loop and second tower.. I was going to ride tomorrow..

Does a mis-catch cause the ride to be down for more than the day it happens? I feel like they happen so often to these things that they can't be too big of a deal and parks can get them fixed quickly.

Yes, it is closed for the rest of the day after a miscatch, takes about an hour to fix, even though the ride is meant to do that.

For those who have ridden the new trains, how are the restraints? Are they better than Premiers old OTSR or is it the boxing matching like found on old Premier trains.

These new train are really rough. Lots of head banging on the cobra roll, to much G force for me, and the bar comes down more and more through the ride. They are also too big for me since I'm 12.

I'm small, about 13, and the trains were horribly. Very tight, so much g force, felt like I was going to black out, and I almost did. I want the new trains back, some of you may agree. As for getting valleyed, they closed it for the rest of the day, I went on it 2 times though, not a fan of it any more..

Soo many grammatical errors...

I'm sorry to hear it's not an enjoyable ride anymore... I'll be there in two weeks, so hopefully I will have a better experience....

I use an ipad, wish I had a computer.

Wow, I can't believe all the negative feedback about the new trains. I thought, sense they were from premier rides, that they would be smoother and much more comfortable. Then again, the negative comments have come from younger people so sense I'm older (but only by a year!) it may be a more comfortable ride. Also, I would hate to see Cyclone get the RMC treatment, though I think it could use some topper track around the entire course. Oh, and I know realize that I have been on TPR for 1 year.

So, I have a question... last time I was on Cyclone was on a rain day (it was bucketing) and the intire ride was so much smoother and enjoyable. Is this sensation caused by the track expanding and becoming moist due to the amount of water or is it that it lubricates the tracks.

Went to this park yesterday for the first time with 2 friends. Being from New Jersey with GAdv being my home park, I was very interested to see what this would be like. I have to say SFNE has a very home-like and boardwalk atmosphere. It just seemed a lot more welcoming than GAdv. My friend made a good comparison when he said it was like Hersheypark without being chocolate themed. Goliath was closed pretty much the whole day so I didn't get a chance to ride. Here are some ride reviews:

Mind Eraser- I don't get the hate for this ride. This was actually one of the better coasters in the park imo. I honestly think this confirmed I like Vekoma SLCs more than B&M Inverts. I enjoyed this more than Batman and Raptor. This doesn't hurt my legs or make me dizzy and I can do defensive riding to avoid head-banging.

Batman: DK- basically a shorter version of Bizarro at GAdv. Not a bad ride but nothing special. Had decent airtime moments in some of the loops.

Flashback- standard boomerang really. Hurt my head a little. Prefer Sidewinder to it.

GCG- decently themed wild mouse. I liked that every train had a Batman villain on it.

Catwoman's Whip- this one tossed me around a bit because I sat by myself. Nothing special but a fun credit whore moment.

Thunderbolt- I was a little disappointed in this. Thought it would be a better classic. Found it interesting it still had manual locks though. I've only seen that once before.

Cyclone- average wooden coaster with a couple surprising airtime moments. I felt like I was being catapulted on the first drop. Snuck into my top 10 woodies but that probably won't last long.

Pandemonium- with the exception of Bizarro, this was my favorite coaster in the park. Waited the longest for this but it delivered a nice ride. Having never been on a spinning coaster, I was impressed with the intensity.

Bizarro- if this isn't running nearly as well as 5 years ago, I really want to know what it was like back then. This coaster exceeded my expectations and has joined my dominant class of Intamin rides on top of my list. This coaster had some REALLY nice ejector airtime and the layout felt very long. I have a question for the locals though. Does this have a reputation of running faster in the afternoon than the morning? I rode this in the morning and thought it was decent but not good enough to compete with my top Intamins but my afternoon rides were so much better that it put it in that class. It's only behind Skyrush, El Toro and Maverick on my list.

Scream- disappointing drop tower. Of the 4 I've ridden, this one was the worst. Lacked the intensity of the others I've ridden. I did like that they run it in both directions at random times.

Overall a very nice day at the park. Here are some pictures:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242569.201767.thumb.jpg.4b364ecd836ec9b2e1d104e619118e4d.jpg

Honestly a Millennium Force like view from the entrance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242587.798655.thumb.jpg.3b862d8046c6f9cc721bf8551edc7fd3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242614.508168.thumb.jpg.72ecadcb16885f8d9b8279e501160111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242635.350979.thumb.jpg.4de689a8ef9bd57de38390c132891d7e.jpg

Love the openess of this layout for viewing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242717.191214.thumb.jpg.2eeb9d412795e8de11cc1258688d09c9.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242752.774605.thumb.jpg.4564774faaab67f2a553b407a4e52dbc.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242797.603328.thumb.jpg.a293b4688e4e30b42795e2cce13e8d3a.jpg

Really?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242817.416223.thumb.jpg.a1a346dad1f1a9225a07b0f6b39a35e3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242831.477613.thumb.jpg.c33187060ef0048715f01ca9d218cb48.jpg

Wish I could've been here for this opening.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242859.687050.thumb.jpg.ce712619291a85a6355829c4f212525e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399242879.261614.thumb.jpg.1435f7ae77abda3033fb1e48f4090938.jpg

My phone died literally right after I took this.

Bizarro- if this isn't running nearly as well as 5 years ago, I really want to know what it was like back then. This coaster exceeded my expectations and has joined my dominant class of Intamin rides on top of my list. This coaster had some REALLY nice ejector airtime and the layout felt very long. I have a question for the locals though. Does this have a reputation of running faster in the afternoon than the morning? I rode this in the morning and thought it was decent but not good enough to compete with my top Intamins but my afternoon rides were so much better that it put it in that class. It's only behind Skyrush, El Toro and Maverick on my list.

If Bizarro is anything like El Toro, then it probably runs much faster in the afternoon. One of the maintenance dudes at El Toro always says, "The longer she sits (as in the train), the colder the wheels get, and the slower she runs." haha

^Makes sense, it's common for some many coasters to run faster in the afternoon as they warm up. Last summer I rode Millennium Force in the morning and afternoon and you could definitely tell the difference going through those airtime hills.