TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^You forgot to say that the GIBs are waayyyyy better than the normal ones

And smoother. It is supposed to open with its new trains before Memorial Day. Testing has been going well. BIZARROS AUDIO IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!

Can you actually hear it on that bizarro? The first time I rode the one at great adventure it still had the audio but I couldn't hear it at all (except for the lift, MCBR and brake run)

You usually can't but they have it working at the volume level that they want. I'm so excited. At least they're trying!

Why does the original train from Vekoma needs replacement? Has anyone ridden any GIB with the Premier train before this?

Their are no real problems with the vekoma trains, the new trains were purchased at the original time when Goliath was announced for the park but the purchase got delayed and they didn't arrive at the park until fall of goliaths "debut year" and ever since then the attempts from the park to get the trains working have all failed due to how light these new trains are! After many modifications it seems they've solved the problem! The idea for the new trains is just to better capacity and speed up dispatch!

I could see flashback going for a flat ride in the near future. I doubt Mind Eraser will be going anytime soon. Despite it's rough ride it is still quite popular and the only inverted coaster in a 6 hour radius. I could see sfne getting something like x flight, that would be a nice fit to an already nice lineup.

I decided not to go to the park today and wait until ness was up. I wanted to get my season pass processed because we are going to sfgam on a big road trip this summer. I want to call and see if I can process my sfne pass voucher at gam but I doubt I can. I'm going to have to make it up to agawam and handle that.

Gadv is a mere 4 hours from the park and Hershey is about 4 and a half and then you have The Great NorEaster at Morey's Piers which is another SLC at exactly 6 hours from the park!

The thing that was so great about the park adding Goliath is that it Basically Killed 2 Birds with one stone, it could easily replace flashback as a Boomerang and also replace Mind Eraser as an invert! And in no way is Mind Eraser at all a popular coaster. I've benn going to the park some odds of 15-20 times every year since 2004 and I've never waited more than 20 minutes for it, and those where on national holidays!

^You forgot to say that the GIBs are waayyyyy better than the normal ones

And smoother. It is supposed to open with its new trains before Memorial Day. Testing has been going well. BIZARROS AUDIO IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!

Can you actually hear it on that bizarro? The first time I rode the one at great adventure it still had the audio but I couldn't hear it at all (except for the lift, MCBR and brake run)

You usually can't but they have it working at the volume level that they want. I'm so excited. At least they're trying!

The speakers worked during both of my rides on opening day and you could hear it the entire way through the course. My only complaint is once you hit the brake run at the end, the music keeps playing at full volume until you enter the station. Its almost uncomfortable with the speakers right behind your head blasting the music. I feel like they could just cut the audio once you hit the brakes and it would be much more enjoyable.

Why does the original train from Vekoma needs replacement? Has anyone ridden any GIB with the Premier train before this?

This is the first time an outside-manufacturer train has been fitted to a Giant Inverted Boomerang. The trains are four-across in one row as opposed to staggered so theoretically it will make load and unload happen more quickly.

Luckily those speakers mostly play music instead of that horrible story they used to tell when the ride was initially transformed into Bizarro.

Today between 11:30 - 1 was perfect for using the Bizarro single rider line. The ride was a constant walk into the station, but that a 3 or more train wait for every row. Using the single rider line I only waited for a train once, every other time I was on the first train leaving. Got about 10 rides in 90 minutes, good considering the walk around the queue. Bizarro, operations were very good for this early in the season. Also very impressed with the Bizarro crew when it comes to oversize riders. Not sure what the ride ops tell the people when they open the restraints and ask them to leave, but I did not see one oversized person making a fuss yesterday.

Edited by larrygator

Bizarro, operations were very good for this early in the season. Also very impressed with the Bizarro crew when it comes to oversize riders. Not sure what the ride ops tell the people when they open the restraints and ask them to leave, but I did not see one oversized person making a fuss yesterday.

That seems like it's the hardest part of the job (for some people at least). But you have to think that the oversized riders are preparing for for that when they are standing in line.

Luckily those speakers mostly play music instead of that horrible story they used to tell when the ride was initially transformed into Bizarro.

Today between 11:30 - 1 was perfect for using the Bizarro single rider line. The ride was a constant walk into the station, but that a 3 or more train wait for every row. Using the single rider line I only waited for a train once, every other time I was on the first train leaving. Got about 10 rides in 90 minutes, good considering the walk around the queue. Bizarro, operations were very good for this early in the season. Also very impressed with the Bizarro crew when it comes to oversize riders. Not sure what the ride ops tell the people when they open the restraints and ask them to leave, but I did not see one oversized person making a fuss yesterday.

Is the single rider line still in the flash pass line?

Bizarro, operations were very good for this early in the season. Also very impressed with the Bizarro crew when it comes to oversize riders. Not sure what the ride ops tell the people when they open the restraints and ask them to leave, but I did not see one oversized person making a fuss yesterday.

That seems like it's the hardest part of the job (for some people at least). But you have to think that the oversized riders are preparing for for that when they are standing in line.

Haha the walk of shame. I've had to ask several people at El Toro to leave. It's not to bad. We blame the ride and most of the time, the person could see it coming after several tries at jamming down their lapbar. We usually give people an exit pass when they get asked to leave so that's how we avoid complaints. haha I'm not sure how the Bizarro crew handles it but probably similar to what we do.

It really depends on who they have working the station. If it's a bunch of high school kids, you can bet that they're probably going to be snide, disrespectful little pricks when it comes to dealing with guests who can't fit, and that's bound to increase the amount of blowups to a major degree. Doing the walk of shame is embarrassing enough, and if someone's gotta do it while a bunch of teenaged morons are barely concealing their contempt for them, there will be some people who will react very poorly.

Edited by Blind Idiot God

Is the single rider line still in the flash pass line?

You still have to walk through the regular queue then g on the far right line in the station. The ride ops were always checking to see if anyone was waiting to ride as a single.