TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^Have there been any rumors on where it'll go next year? Seems very likely 2014 is it's last year here.

Nothing that I've heard, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were on the chopping block.

EDIT: John Winkler, the SFNE park president submitted the five year plan for the park to corporate, which includes two new coasters within the next four years. It would seem likely that Flashback would be on its way out if this were to take place.

I could see flashback going for a flat ride in the near future. I doubt Mind Eraser will be going anytime soon. Despite it's rough ride it is still quite popular and the only inverted coaster in a 6 hour radius. I could see sfne getting something like x flight, that would be a nice fit to an already nice lineup.

I decided not to go to the park today and wait until ness was up. I wanted to get my season pass processed because we are going to sfgam on a big road trip this summer. I want to call and see if I can process my sfne pass voucher at gam but I doubt I can. I'm going to have to make it up to agawam and handle that.

I could see flashback going for a flat ride in the near future. I doubt Mind Eraser will be going anytime soon. Despite it's rough ride it is still quite popular and the only inverted coaster in a 6 hour radius. I could see sfne getting something like x flight, that would be a nice fit to an already nice lineup.

I decided not to go to the park today and wait until ness was up. I wanted to get my season pass processed because we are going to sfgam on a big road trip this summer. I want to call and see if I can process my sfne pass voucher at gam but I doubt I can. I'm going to have to make it up to agawam and handle that.

Goliath is inverted and mind eraser isn't very popular. It's always 10 min line or less during the whole season.

Goliath is inverted and mind eraser isn't very popular. It's always 10 min line or less during the whole season.

I'm pretty sure he means full-circuit invert.

Mind Eraser ain't going anywhere. And a ten minute line is exaggerated. On moderate days where Bizarro has at 40 minute line, ME can pick up a 25-30 minute line. Plus the crew on ME is one of the best in the park.

I'd love to be there when you are. When in there, and I'm there at least 1-2 times a week, the ops are slow and the line is short. The go knows.

To each his own, I suppose. I know this would never come to fruition, and it may be just a pipe dream, but imagine taking out Flashback and placed some form of a launched coaster in its spot? Something along the lines of Mr. Freeze?

The site that Flashback occupies is larger than what most of us think, and it would be perfect to not have to make the trek down to NJ for a launched coaster.

Although it's bigger, it still wouldn't be able to host a mr. freeze clone. There is an access road behind the ride that they need to use. IF iron cyclone is actually gonna happen, then they could if they redesigned the cyclone's path.

I would not mind an Iron Cyclone. I like the idea of and IC a lot more than a Mr. Freeze clone, now that I think about it. What about the space that Catapult used to occupy? What should go there?

New England Sky Screamer's queue line is going up there, so that's a no go. I'm not a fan of iron cyclone. It's just another thing that will bring down SFNE's class and give them more of a corporation feel. I hope we don't see another riverside classic out the door. The ride is full of potential, it's up to six flags to notice it.

I see your point, and agree. SFNE is already heading towards the corporation feel though. Taking out the flat rides like Spider, Twister, Chaos, etc. gives it more of that "corp" feel. It gets to the point where the park either commits to it, or stops it in its track. The park is in a transition stage, and has been for a long time. I highly doubt they would turn Cyclone into an RMC, though.

Mind Eraser ain't going anywhere. And a ten minute line is exaggerated. On moderate days where Bizarro has at 40 minute line, ME can pick up a 25-30 minute line. Plus the crew on ME is one of the best in the park.

I'd love to be there when you are. When in there, and I'm there at least 1-2 times a week, the ops are slow and the line is short. The go knows.

That is what i thought most years but this year they are extremely good

New England Sky Screamer's queue line is going up there, so that's a no go. I'm not a fan of iron cyclone. It's just another thing that will bring down SFNE's class and give them more of a corporation feel. I hope we don't see another riverside classic out the door. The ride is full of potential, it's up to six flags to notice it.

You may have a point, but while the coaster is running better now than it ever has thanks to the topper track I still don't think it's anything to write home about. That's just my personal opinion though.

I think Thunderbolt is a wonderful classic wood coaster. It's smooth in every seat (I know some people will disagree with this but I've ridden this ride probably at least a hundred times over the last 10 years or so and have never had a rough ride on it), it's family friendly and it's a ton of fun. SFNE already has a classic wood coaster so I have no problem with them iron horsing Cyclone.

In my opinion Cyclone is too modern to be classic anyway, and it's already been modified dramatically. I think giving it the iron horse treatment would make a mediocre ride a great ride and might even allow the park to being back the old layout of the first drop. I'm all for it.

I also don"t like the iron cyclone idea, but I think SFNE is trying to bring interest back into that area with the NESS. Cyclone has had really low ridership the past few times I've gone, so my guess is that they're drawing people to that section of the park so more people ride and its bigger news when it gets iron horse treatment somewhere down the road.

I think in the next couple years we could see a Premier launched coaster and probably a tsunami soaker or flying scooters pretty soon as well.

^You forgot to say that the GIBs are waayyyyy better than the normal ones

And smoother. It is supposed to open with its new trains before Memorial Day. Testing has been going well. BIZARROS AUDIO IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!

^You forgot to say that the GIBs are waayyyyy better than the normal ones

And smoother. It is supposed to open with its new trains before Memorial Day. Testing has been going well. BIZARROS AUDIO IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!

Can you actually hear it on that bizarro? The first time I rode the one at great adventure it still had the audio but I couldn't hear it at all (except for the lift, MCBR and brake run)