TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Thinking of doing a trip to SFNE along with a few other parks (SFGAdv, Lake Compounce, Canobie Lake Park, and Great Escape. Possibly Rye Playland too) this summer. Going to get a Six Flags America pass again so I can get into SFNE, SFGAdv, and Great Escape for free. Should one full day be enough to get oodles of rides on Bizarro and the rest of the coasters, plus do the waterpark? Or should I plan to spend a day and a half if I want to do both?

You can do the whole park and waterpark in a day, barely. Definitely doable if you've got a flashpass, or skip Pandy and the Vekoma clones. If I were you, I'd do SFNE a day and a half, and on the second day do a night session at Quassy. The Wooden Warrior is worth a few rides. Plus its right off 84, which is what you'll be taking to go from SFNE to Playland, SFGAdv, and Compounce.

Can't wait for 2014. I feel like whatever coaster replaces Flashback won't be spectacular. There just isn't enough room!

How about this?

I think two of them are enough already. Hope that Premier will come up with something even better.

I find this to be ironic since this is a suggestion to a replace a Vekoma boomerang.

Thinking of doing a trip to SFNE along with a few other parks (SFGAdv, Lake Compounce, Canobie Lake Park, and Great Escape. Possibly Rye Playland too) this summer. Going to get a Six Flags America pass again so I can get into SFNE, SFGAdv, and Great Escape for free. Should one full day be enough to get oodles of rides on Bizarro and the rest of the coasters, plus do the waterpark? Or should I plan to spend a day and a half if I want to do both?

If it's on a mild weekday, you should absolutely have enough time. The waterpark gets steady attendance no matter what, but it only gets slammed if it's hot as balls out.

So, I was just wondering if any one has heard anything about the possibility of the removal of Flashback. I have grown to thoroughly dislike it over the past season. Oh, and while I am on the subject of Flashback, is it unusual to gray out while riding it, because the last time I went on it with my friends, I grayed out .

They probably advertise it as the tallest, since even though it's tied with SFOT's Sky Screamer, it's still "taller" than any other Sky Screamers, and SFNE can say that because there is no Sky Screamer that is "taller."

I'm not sure it's fair to include the flags on top as part of the height to claim it as the tallest. For example, if Kingda Ka and Dragster were the same height, yet one had a metal rod sticking up on the stairs connected to the top hat, and saying that one is taller. The maximum height may be taller, but the ride itself does not reach a greater height.