TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I really like this addition. I loved Windseeker at Kings Dominion thanks to its sheer height and the size of this should really make it special. I really hope they renovate Cyclone in the near future as well to give the North End a complete revamp since the park's traffic seems to go towards the DC area and the South End where Batman and the water park are. The New England Sky Screamer is a great step towards making the North End more attractive to guests.

Isn't the One in Texas 410 feet? How is SFNE's Record Setting?

Both Eclipse and Texas Sky Screamer are 397 feet tall, but Six Flags market the one in Texas as being 400 feet.

Read Here

Add one more entry to the “everything’s bigger in Texas” list.

Officials with Six Flags over Texas said Tuesday the Arlington park’s new Texas SkyScreamer has been crowned the “world’s tallest swing carousel ride” by Guinness World Records.

Officials with Six Flags over Texas said Tuesday the Arlington park’s new Texas SkyScreamer has been crowned the “world’s tallest swing carousel ride” by Guinness World Records. The park received notification June 28, that the ride tops the previous record holder, Prater Turm in Vienna, Austria, by 19 feet.

The Texas SkyScreamer stands 402 feet, 10 inches tall, offering sweeping views of the Arlington, Dallas and Fort Worth skylines as it circles at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. Since its debut in May, nearly 100,000 park patrons have gone up for a spin.

The work to survey and record the ride’s height was overseen by Britain & Crawford Land Surveying and Topographic Mapping, of Fort Worth. The official witnesses were Decima Cooper of Experience Arlington and Warren Williams, an engineer and surveyor of Graham Association, Inc. of Arlington.

A certificate noting the ride’s lofty accomplishment is on the way, a spokeswoman said.

OK, Point taken.

Am I going crazy? For some reason I thought SFNE had a height restriction on rides. I guess not lol.....

There is a height restriction that the park can not build above without special approval. The park applied for and received approval last year for this ride.

Ok, cool. I had no idea. I don't live too far from SFNE, so I may have to wander over next year to check it out

• 2 weeks later...
I don't quite understand the point of every park having a sky screamer/windseeker type ride. But a 400 ft one should be something to check out.

Bro, you could say the same thing about a Ferris Wheel...cause a bunch of parks have those as well, right?

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone on here gone to Fright Fest this year? Thinking about checking it out, but want to make sure it's worth the hour and a half drive...

We did and we did all of the mazes. Wicked Woods is by far the best, Total Darkness was a bit of a letdown but we also went on a Sunday so it may have been understaffed and the house in the Houdini attraction was a lot of fun... not too scary, but a lot of fun.

That being said, an hour and a half drive is worth it even if it's not Fright Fest.

I've been to Six Flags New England's Fright Fest a few times in the past, but I was let down when I was there most recently two years ago. This year I am planning on giving Lake Compounce's Haunted Graveyard a shot since I've heard its supposed to be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

^Yes they will. Here's the e-mail

We Extended Our Season!

Our guests loved Fright Fest so much we extended it one more weekend (Oct 31 or Nov 1-3, 2013)

As one of our most valued guests, I wanted to let you know that we have extended Fright Fest until November 3rd. Which means you have one last weekend to "get your fright on" and enjoy some of your favorite rides one last time before we close the park for 2013. To add to the fun we would like to invite you to bring one of your friends with you for free!

The park will be open during the following hours:

October 31 from 6pm - 11pm

November 1 from 6pm - 11pm

November 2 from 2pm - 10pm (Bizzarro area opens at 1pm for Pass Holders!)

November 3 from 2pm - 9pm

Simply print out this entire email and bring it with you to the turnstile, along with your valid 2013 Season Pass ID card or Membership card. Since this is an exclusive invitation, only one free guest will be allowed admission with you.

Again, thank you for being our guest this summer. I hope you'll be able to join me at the park this weekend, but if not -- we'll look forward to seeing you next April when we reopen the park for 2014!

Sincerely,

John Winker

President

Six Flags New England

I'm not sure how much of this is altruism on the part of the park as much as it is cashing in on what is forecast to be an extra warm weekend. I have heard of at least two other local haunted attractions that have extended their seasons through the weekend.

I don't quite understand the point of every park having a sky screamer/windseeker type ride. But a 400 ft one should be something to check out.

Bro, you could say the same thing about a Ferris Wheel...cause a bunch of parks have those as well, right?

In fact, these kind of panoramic views have been missing from the park since the Colossus ferris wheel was dismantled. The North End is still the backyard or eyesore of the park. All I'v seen reported is that Skyscreamer is actually going in Taz's spot NOT Catapult.

Some people feel like this is a win for the North End of the park, but at some point, I'd hope they stop cramming I flying rides into that corner and actually build some restrooms, a sit-down dining option, and maybe some new paths so that it feels like more than the backside of the Cyclone. I would really have wished they replaced the boomerang with the Sky Screamer and see what they could really do to develop the north end of the park. Since they've managed to remove Time Warp, Catapult, and Taz's Dare Devil Dive, I was hoping that at some point they would just put in a nice dining option. With exception of JB's Smokehouse BBQ and John Rockets, there isn't really anywhere for a family to go inside eat and have downtime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seconded. That was an awesome video! It was cool to see some of the snapshots of the construction as the park was being flagged. I just wish the park had kept the Hellevator name and paint job when they added the new towers to Scream. It looked amazing when I was there as a kid.