TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Did anyone see any teaser signs in the park that might have something to do with a new ride? I didn't find anything in the park last week, so I was just wondering if I missed anything. By the way, does anyone agree with me that flashback should be removed considering that they have Goliath and that it is getting rather old and rough. I'm thinking if they remove it, they might be able to put in a better ride or use it for an expansion of Cyclone. Anyone have any similar thoughts?

Flashback is like the plague, spreading among the theme parks and inflicting pain and misery on all those who possess it. But in all seriousness, they should really ditch flashback for something much better. Speaking of which, maybe they could get rid of Mind Eraser and add in a new B&M invert or a small launched coaster. Heck, they could go as far as putting in a copy of X-Flight or a Euro Fighter.

Flashback is like the plague, spreading among the theme parks and inflicting pain and misery on all those who possess it. But in all seriousness, they should really ditch flashback for something much better. Speaking of which, maybe they could get rid of Mind Eraser and add in a new B&M invert or a small launched coaster. Heck, they could go as far as putting in a copy of X-Flight or a Euro Fighter.

And X-Flight copy would look great in either spot too!

I always wanted them to remove Flashback and the Cyclone to make room for an insane Intamin pre-fab woodie. Paint it green and call it The Big Green Airtime Machine.

An over-banked I-beam RMC version of the Cyclone would be great too.

With the success of the RMC I-box conversions, I don't think we will see the Cyclone removed at any point. Before the ride was tamed, it was a wild and intense wooden coaster. An I-box conversion could restore the ride to its former glory and give the park another top attraction to go with BIzarro.

I'm guessing Six Flags New England will get the Star Flyer next year. Since they were so close to receiving one last year, I would imagine that they are getting it next year. I have a feeling it may be one of the 200 foot versions though instead of the massive 400 footer for some reason though.

I also feel that SFNE will receive a SkyScreamer. Seeing that the rides are so successful, and there aren't any huge rumors going around for the park, this may be it for 2014. Me personally, I find all Star Flyers/Windseekers kind of boring, but it is more of a borderline thrill ride anyways. Pretty soon, I see all Six Flags parks (maybe with the exception of The Great Escape) get SkyScreamers.

I too would love to see Cyclone restored to its former glory, but I just don't see it happening.

As far as the starflyer, I am 99% sure it's happening.

Since the park is somewhat limited with space, I have a feeling it will happen within the next 5 years. It's the perfect candidate.

SFNE received approval for the star flyer last summer and for a short period of time it was thought it would come this year. But then SFOT built TSS and SFNE built Bonzai Piplines making it clear the star flyer wouldnt be built until 2014. Also if anyone follows SFNE's facebook, they are hinting that whatever is coming to SFNE in 2014 is going to be a New England landmark:

We are on a scavenger hunt for what is coming to SFNE in 2014. Here is a photo with a famous MA landmark. Can you find it? Share if you have ever been….

We are still on the hunt for what is being announced for 2014 next Thursday. Do you see any landmarks on the photo below? Where are we?

Also considering SFNE got approval to build up to 410 ft, it is painfully obvious SFNE will either take the record from SFOT or tie it and build the tallest sky screamer in the world

I think we're getting a Massachusetts/New England SkyScreamer. Why else would the park be pointing out Massachussetts landmarks?

As for a ZacSpin in Flashbacks spot it seems pointless. Why would Six Flags replace an old, painful, low capacity ride with a new, painful, low capacity ride? And before anyone posts it, I wouldn't consider Goliath any of those. It's a fun, relatively smooth ride (this is Vekoma) that has quick attendants.

I think we're getting a Massachusetts/New England SkyScreamer. Why else would the park be pointing out Massachussetts landmarks?

As for a ZacSpin in Flashbacks spot it seems pointless. Why would Six Flags replace an old, painful, low capacity ride with a new, painful, low capacity ride? And before anyone posts it, I wouldn't consider Goliath any of those. It's a fun, relatively smooth ride (this is Vekoma) that has quick attendants.

I really like Goliath myself. It's really smooth and thrilling. I've heard mixed things about ZacSpins, but it would be a different ride that the park could market since it seems even the public is confused why the park has both Goliath and Flashback.

Have you been on a ZacSpin? While I 100% agree they are low capacity all the ones I've been on (in Europe) have been fairly smooth and not painful.

Six Flags New England doesn't get as busy daily, so the capacity would be less of an issue at Six Flags New England than it is at Magic Mountain. The fact that they have only added that one ZacSpin does make me doubt one will be added, but I would enjoy seeing one in that spot.

I personally don't see Cyclone being removed it being an icon in all, also if it was removed the park would only have one small wooden coaster. I think Six Flags might give it the I beam or topper track treatment in the next few years but I'm not completely sure. Anyways, I was reading up on the zac spin and it did indeed get poor reviews for its low capacity. I think it would be a smart move to add a launched coaster instead, considering the park doesn't have one yet. Also it would gain tones of popularity and due to the potential high capacity, it could be a great candidate for the park. Does anyone have a similar opinion?

I would not be surprised to see Cyclone receive either an I-Box conversion or be redone entirely in Topper Track, but I'm guessing it's relatively low on the refurbishment chain (my guess: Medusa (SFM), then Colossus (SFMM), then Boss (SFStL), then American Eagle (SFGAm), then Cyclone (SFNE)...one per year). I highly doubt Cyclone will be going anywhere anytime soon. If any coaster at SFNE is likely to be removed in the near future, it is Flashback or(significantly less likely) Mind Eraser.

As for a new coaster, a ZacSpin would be a poor fit for the park, as the capacity is terrible (at best I'd estimate Green Lantern gets 500 riders per hour) and while the ride is fairly unique it really isn't anything notable and is quite uncomfortable(assuming the ride would be run as it is at SFMM). Additionally, SFNE really needs something better as their current selection only has one top tier coaster (Bizarro) and two others worth re-rides (Batman and Goliath). Personally, I'd like to see a new B&M inverted coaster replace Mind Eraser, but that's probably the least likely to happen. In any case, a new coaster won't be happening this year as they're almost certainly just getting the Sky Screamer.