TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^^^^

Yeah, I rode the front of Mind Eraser yesterday and noticed that the park really let it go. The seats have lost some of there padding. The brakes are really rusty. The whole station needs a new paint job.

People have stopped giving a damn about Mind Eraser; seriously, I haven't seen it with anything more than a ten-minute wait in years, and that includes times when the park was getting slammed beyond belief. It's not like the park has an active incentive to spruce it up. Hell, it probably won't even be there in five years at this rate.

Really because every time we go the queue house is completely filled.

That's really odd, then, as it's been practically deserted every single time I've been there in the past three years. As for why I even still ride it, well, being 6'0 has its perks, namely not having to worry about your head getting tenderized.

I've found Mind Eraser's line to be a wild card. On some days, I have seen it's queue stretch into the covered, wooden queue house. Other times I can walk right up to the station. I've never seen a medium wait in the 15-30 minute range. It's either a walk-on or completely packed.

I've never waited more than one or two trains for Mind Eraser, and even that's too much for that POS. Never again!

I also noticed it was looking pretty crappy last year too--shame they haven't attempted to touch it up a little. Maybe they plan to tear it down and don't want to spend $ on it (one can hope, right?)

^Yeah, I agree. SFNE and EG's Mind Eraser's opened the same year and I wouldn't be surprised if they both are still popular. EG's still gets 2 hour waits on popular days.

It's hard to compare those Mind Eraser's. The one at Elitches is the biggest coaster in the park... Where at SFNE there are quite a few bigger coasters. I thought the Mind Eraser at SFNE was FAR smoother then either of the others I have been on (EG and SFA).

I've gone for many years defending Mind Eraser. It was one of my first "big" coasters, it was my first suspended coaster, and it was also the first ride I was fully trained to work on. I even found defensive riding methods that could prompt a much more enjoyable ride if the conditions are just right. I kind of have a soft side for Mind Eraser, but its gotten to a point where none of my family or friends want to ride it anymore. So while it will always have a special place in my memory, I would hardly object to replacing it with something much more innovative and comfortable.

And while we're on the subject of queue times, I almost never wait more than 45 minutes to ride it. If the right crew is put on the ride, a line extending all the way to the queue-house can be 10-15 minutes top. But then again, I never visit the park on weekends, so I can't vouch for those dates.

The SFNE one seems to be weird in terms of how much it roughs you up. There are some times where it's just a little shaky, and then there are those times where it feels like you just got jumped by a bunch of angry dudes and beaten senseless. The latter hasn't happened for years, however, as I'm tall enough to have the head portion rest firmly on my shoulders and below my actual head.

I'm going to be visiting SFNE and Lake Compounce next week, so I'm looking for hotels in the area. At this point, I'm looking at some hotels across the river in Enfield, Connecticut such as the Hampton Inn and Red Roof Inn.

Does anyone have any additional recommendations?

Thanks.

The SFNE one seems to be weird in terms of how much it roughs you up. There are some times where it's just a little shaky, and then there are those times where it feels like you just got jumped by a bunch of angry dudes and beaten senseless. The latter hasn't happened for years, however, as I'm tall enough to have the head portion rest firmly on my shoulders and below my actual head.

Agreed. I rode it once opening day this year and it was really painful. I was quite nervous to go on it 2 weeks ago because of that experience. It was OK that day. Other times it's been better.

As for wait times, I've waited an hour or less every time. However, the last 2 years I've never seen the line past the little switchback under the track.

Anybody notice that Blizzard River has been running a lot faster this year, or am I crazy? I like that they added sprayers on that long straight section.

So I want to finally hit up SFNE but my friends have flaked, and it's a tad too far for me to go it alone, (and I hate that anyway) Im looking to go any weekend in August, except the last. Any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be in a hotel in SPringfield this Sunday without a car. The local bus does not run on Sundays. Anybody know how I can get to the park besides a taxi. I think the taxi would be 30 one way and would like to spend less than that. I don't mind strangers picking me up either, even though my mom told me not to talk to strangers. I'll pay parking.

^I was there on Monday, but I may get in the car and drive out from Boston tomorrow. (It gives me something to do besides trying not to buy a laptop or new cell phone on the Tax Free holiday this weekend.) If you need a ride still, give me a call in the morning and I'll head in that direction. See PM...

^Maybe its just a weekend thing? When I was there on Monday they have both trains running and I don't think I saw a single security guard in the station or line. That said, the line never made it past the first set of shaded switchbacks outside the station. I'm not sure about running one train though. That is crazy on a weekend.

Does SFNE have a height limit?

200 ft without a special permit. To get permission for the star flyer SFNE had to get special permission to build up to 400ft and the town gave them the extra permission to build up to 410 ft if they wanted to take the record.