TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm gonna say this right now, unfortunately Catapult is going to be scrapped. With the way they're cutting it apart versus taking it apart carefully, its gone. With S&S not building them anymore and the rough history it's had, I'd say it had a limited life, much like the Giant Top Spin, The Crypt (Tomb Raider) at Kings Island. I'm surprised the one at Thorpe is still running but wondering for how much longer.

Sorry to those hoping for it to be moved somewhere else, but this ride is done for.

^The sky coaster is being relocated in between catwoman's whip and mind eraser for next year. They removed catapult so they could get the big a$$ crane in the park. The catapult slab will most likely be replaced with an equally thrilling flat.

Hmm maybe it will go to Six Flags Mexico, The Great Escape, Darien Lake,or whatever Mexican park that Texas Tornado/Zonga went to if that is the case!

Look at these two pictures:sfnejan52013011_zpsd55d666b-1.thumb.jpg.215122320727bf4b6a2daca2b17ddd09.jpgcat1.thumb.jpg.c13c625dae2263c6648b774a2a3dd076.jpg

It's clearly being chopped up in a way that it could never be put back together again.

^You've got it all wrong Robb. They're clearly just going to ship it to another park and put a new coat of paint on it. Guests will be horrified to learn its not a brand new ride!

Yeah the park they're sending it to is called "The Junkyard"!
^ No it's called Six Flags America.

Aren't they the same thing?

I LOVE SFA! I live right near the park and go a lot. The park has did a complete 180 degree turn in the past two seasons. Its clean, all the rides run all the time, and the staff actually acts like they want to be there for the most part.

I LOVE SFA! I live right near the park and go a lot. The park has did a complete 180 degree turn in the past two seasons. Its clean, all the rides run all the time, and the staff actually acts like they want to be there for the most part.

It amazes me how people that frequent that park talk about it's improvement. I went for the first time ever last year and hated it. The park is ugly and poorly maintained, Superman, Batwing and Apocalypse were all running one train on a weekend in August and they don't have any bathrooms or shade in the back of the park. Everyone says the park has dramatically improved, so I can't help but wonder how awful this park must have been a few years ago.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but I couldn't help myself.

Well, it was a good thing that I got my final ride on Catapult when I visited the park last year. It is always so sad to see a ride go, but sometimes older ( not to mention the most troublesome) rides must be removed in order to put in newer and more exciting rides. Besides, last time I rode Catapult, that ride took so much out of me I had to take several safety breaks before I was able to go back riding again.

So long, Catapult, as you head up to that great boneyard in the sky!

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

Quick SFNE question: if I were to buy a SF Gold Pass online, can I show the voucher the first time I go to the park to get free parking? I am thinking of going opening weekend and need to know if they will honor the pass before it is processed.

Thanks!