TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Of the video they posted about the 2013 attraction...

It seems to me that the Star Flyer is still coming! Why would they twirl around in circles to fine a spot for the latter and then have the camera down low so it looks like he is climbing a tall ladder... From what I seen and rode (SFFT), a Star Flyer twirls in a circle and climbs a tall tower!

There's a "B" in "Boomerang"

I must admit, I was prepared for our park to get the Star Flyer. The plans were shown online, there was a spot everyone knew it would go. Suddenly, we know absolutely nothing of what 2013 will bring us. We don't know what it is or where it will go. All we know is that it will be a big ride that starts with the letter "B". This is pretty darn exciting and I can't wait for the announcement!

This survey went out in June, according to Screamscape...

(6/26/12) A survey taker was quizzing guests entering Six Flags New England this week about what kind of rides are important to them. Questions asked include wanting to know just how important Roller Coasters are to Six Flags guests, and curiously enough, asked guests if they would rather have a new B&M style coaster ride or a LIM Launch style coaster. Curious… makes me wonder just what the park has their eye on for the future.

This is the first I've heard about a ZacSpin. Given the above information I'd say the top three contenders are Wing Coaster, LIM launch coaster (SFMM's Full Throttle is rumored to use LIMs in th emonorail tunnels, maybe launched coasters could make a comeback at Six Flags) and now this picture clues ZacSpin. I hope they went with the B&M personally.

Sky Screamer / Star Flyer - (8/23/12) Don’t ask me how or why... but listen to me know and believe me later. Six Flags New England will NOT be adding a Star Flyer ride until at least the 2014 season, opening up 2013 for something else entirely. Stay tuned...

Just saw this on Screamscape:

2012 - Goliath - (8/28/12) I’m told that while the new four-across trains for Goliath from Premier Rides are expected to arrive at the park before the end of the season, don’t expect to see them put on the track until after the park closes for the season. The new trains will have to undergo testing for at least 8-10 weeks before anyone will be allowed to ride, so you can expect this to be offered as a new experience for 2013.

To be honest, I forgot that Goliath was going to get new trains from Premier.

main_NEBonzaiPipelines.jpg.2701de60af2f4952967b5e12befa2530.jpg

Bonzai Pipelines

Get Ready for Six Adrenaline-Packed Freefalling Looping Waterslides

Are you ready to freefall through a 257-foot enclosed water slide and splash into six inches of water? Six Flags New England and Hurricane Harbor are pleased to announce the all-new, first of its kind in the world Bonzai Pipelines, a 65-foot tall waterslide complex featuring not one, not two, but six outrageously fast and intense drop hatch looping body slides.

After climbing to the top of the six-story tower set amid the water park’s incredible existing line-up of 27 slides, pools, and attractions, you will step inside one of the six state-of-the-art ‘DreanlineDrop’ launching capsules. As soon as the door closes shut, it’ll be three-two-one-DROP! And the adrenaline rush will quickly kick in as the floor suddenly drops out below you (and five others simultaneously), sending everyone freefalling, body surfing at 40 miles per hour as super powerful G-forces glue your bodies to the walls of slide through 257-feet of mind-blowing twists and turns — including a tight 360 degree loop! — first in clear tubing then in pitch darkness for an added rush of adrenaline, before finally shooting everyone out splashing into a mere 6 inches of water in the runout. Best of all, all six body slides each have their own unique path of twists and turns resulting in six different heart-pounding freefall experiences to keep you screaming all summer long!

Bonzai Pipelines is set to debut at Hurricane Harbor summer 2013.

Well I guess this confirms no Star Flyer for them this year! Must be a bummer for the park as they went through all of the steps to get it approved and everything. I'm assuming Texas is getting the one they were supposed to get?

The rumor says the Star Flyer will come in 2014, witch actually makes perfect sense.

Why open two Star Flyers this year that will share the record?

It's smarter to open the tallest one in Texas this year, so that they can advertise it the tallest in the world, and next year open another one that is a few feet taller so that they can use the same advertising on that one as well.

Or they are just spreading out the investments.

Well, supposedly the Star Flyer was never intended for 2013, but the park thought that it would take a long time to get all of the approvals needed for a Star Flyer that will end up being around 400ft. The zoning boards, and all the other boards approved quicker than they planned, which caught the park off guard (especially since the town is so strict). Not once in the plans did it say the Star Flyer was coming in 2013, but everyone assumed it. Anyway, back to the 2013 announcement. Six Flags New England posted this onto the SFNE Online facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/sfneonline