TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

For what it's worth, the popped-collar guido douche and his buddies did get thrown out of the park and were banned for the rest of the season for that stunt, but that, coupled with numerous other altercations with belligerent and/or drunk groups (the latter of which usually happened at night) in the line, was enough to make my friend give his two weeks and quit.

Oh, and about the mention of the dude's being a guido: he apparently looked almost exactly like Ronnie from Jersey Shore, only with an even smaller shirt and multiple rosaries and gold cross necklaces. Also, every third word out of his mouth seemed to be a homophobic slur. Just a grade-A scumbag.

I met one at Hersheypark.

Caught him line cutting, I didnt even report him or do anything just mention to my friends, in a low voice, "line cutters, nice eh?"

Guido had some eagle ears, every time we passed he "whispered loudly" homophobic slurs at me.

I actualyl wish he started a fight with me, in line, so I could've had him banned, and the story that someone picked a fight in a coaster line haha

Seriously, is there a place to organize meets or just make a thread? I really wanna do SF:NE and would like to not go it alone...

Isn't the racial slur guido just as derogatory as a homophobic slur? One slur doesn't or shouldn't cancel out the other, it demonstrates hate regardless... Some Italians find that word just as offensive as calling an African American the n word.

I have had a bad habit of removing linecutters from line myself, but of course it has lead to some serious problems, made that mistake for the last time at GADv in line for Kingda Ka. One former US Marine (myself) vs. a squad of 10 wanna-be gangsters inevitably didn't end well.

I recommend if you are cut by a scumbag in line for a ride, in particular Bizarro, just report it to the fastpass person at the end of the queue, 90% of the time they will be thrown out. You don't want to risk ruining what could be an otherwise great day by having a confrontation with someone with little to no morals or respect for others. Let security do their jobs, although I think they could do a better job at parks by actually using the queue lifeguard chairs for security every day. Often times these lifeguard chairs find no other use other than a place for people to stick their gum or write their classy graffiti...

Oh my goodness... 385ft sounds like a lot for a Star Flyer-type ride. Would it really be that safe for a ride to go up that high? Pardon me, but I think that the foundation might topple over at a height around that, unless it had some special reinforcements added on to the bottom. Now, something around 200ft would be more feasible, and while 385ft would be thrilling, I couldn't guarantee if it'd be safe.

It's completely unsafe, they're just building it to see how long it'll take for it to topple over. It's a game that engineers like to play in their spare time.

Do you get bonus points if it crushes Cyclone on the way down?

The new leg guards on Bizarro were brought up a few pages ago, but got lost in the discussion of the Star Flyer. Here's a picture of them.

799259587_NewRestraints.thumb.jpg.c71b0da419fc38b740c6d4a04e36f528.jpg

Personally, they didn't affect my ride at all. In fact, I hadn't noticed them until today, even after waiting in a 45 minute line last week. Since I always keep my knees inside the restraints, they have not hindered the ride for me at all. The only crime they pose is being really ugly...

The new leg guards on Bizarro were brought up a few pages ago, but got lost in the discussion of the Star Flyer. Here's a picture of them.

[attachment=0]New Restraints.jpg[/attachment]

Personally, they didn't affect my ride at all. In fact, I hadn't noticed them until today, even after waiting in a 45 minute line last week. Since I always keep my knees inside the restraints, they have not hindered the ride for me at all. The only crime they pose is being really ugly...

Does anyone know why these were added to the restraints? It seems like this park seems to have issues with their Intamin restraints. As a result of the accident at SFNE, all three Superman(Supermen?) mega coasters had their T bars modified. Now the U bars need to be slightly modified? I'm curious to find out why these were added to the trains and if any other modifications to the restraint system are planned, as the ride is four years old and without any major accidents since the transformation.

EDIT: Does anyone know if El Toro had it's restraints modified as well, or is this a purely SFNE thing? In any event, at least it doesn't interfere with the ride experience.

We just got back from Six Flags New England and I have to say that even though I'm 6,4 and find Bizarro's restraints a little uncomfortable due to my height (no big deal, I love the ride), these modifications don't make it any worse. I can't imagine a scenario where these would cause a problem for anyone.

[attachment=0]New Restraints.jpg[/attachment]

Does anyone know why these were added to the restraints? It seems like this park seems to have issues with their Intamin restraints. As a result of the accident at SFNE, all three Superman(Supermen?) mega coasters had their T bars modified. Now the U bars need to be slightly modified? I'm curious to find out why these were added to the trains and if any other modifications to the restraint system are planned, as the ride is four years old and without any major accidents since the transformation.

EDIT: Does anyone know if El Toro had it's restraints modified as well, or is this a purely SFNE thing? In any event, at least it doesn't interfere with the ride experience.

Might be a delayed reaction to the Darien Lake incident last year, but it's anyone's guess.

I heard that they're going to build a 399' B&M giga that's going to cross the river and down into Connecticut to take the only-park-crossing-state-lines title away from Carowinds!

But, in all seriousness, this is definitely exciting. I'd love to see another coaster or something added for 2013. It seems like anything at all could be added at this point, so its hard to really speculate.

Maybe SFNE saw such an increase in either attendance or profits from adding Goliath this year that Six Flags corporate is ready to put some serious investment into the park for the first time since 10 years ago.

When I first heard SFNE was getting the StarFlyer, I was surprised. I was almost positive SFNE was going to get a new coaster (NEW as in fresh out of the box) just because the timing seemed right , and if I'm not mistaken there is a big coaster event planned for SFNE next year. I expected a new coaster to be the highlight of the event. What I DO believe is that Screamscape is right and they have held back on plans for the StarFlyer.

My early speculation for Six Flags parks for 2013 is that they will order the "super value pack" of X-Flight style wing coasters from Bolliger and Mabillard(ie Batman The Ride, SUF), and SFNE seems like the perfect candidate. I would be very pleased with this or a steel-takeover re profiling of Cyclone.

Dear Six Flags, if you ever do Cyclone over El Toro-style, please include a barrel roll like Iron Rattler and Outlaw Run will have. I would love to see the wild nature of Cyclone returned to its former glory, with a smooth ride and a twist... literally. I'll stop before my home park fantasies carry me away. :x

Sky Screamer / Star Flyer - (8/23/12) Don’t ask me how or why... but listen to me know and believe me later. Six Flags New England will NOT be adding a Star Flyer ride until at least the 2014 season, opening up 2013 for something else entirely. Stay tuned...