TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Thunderbolt is a good woodie, but definitely not a Top 10 wooden coaster. The ride is fun and it has little pops of airtime, but dispatches take a bit of time due to the seatbelt. Cyclone, however, is a Top 10 woodie for me. The layout is unique and you get some good airtime pops. And to me, it felt like a fast ride.

It's funny... I've been going to Riverside/SFNE all my life and always sort of ignored Thunderbolt, and maybe only rode it once every few years (if that), but last year I went on it in the pouring rain and it was one of the best wooden coaster experiences I ever had... just an insane amount of fun--like laughing the whole time fun. Re-rode a few times, and definitely won't skip over it again. If anything, I would skip Cyclone now, unless it's in the back in the air time seat of death.

It's funny... I've been going to Riverside/SFNE all my life and always sort of ignored Thunderbolt, and maybe only rode it once every few years (if that), but last year I went on it in the pouring rain and it was one of the best wooden coaster experiences I ever had... just an insane amount of fun--like laughing the whole time fun. Re-rode a few times, and definitely won't skip over it again. If anything, I would skip Cyclone now, unless it's in the back in the air time seat of death.

The retracking they did before last year really seemed to make the ride better.

I was the park this weekend with my out of country family. They never visited an American style amusement park before. I think over all they really the park. Although one thing that really puzzled me about SFNE this year is the "meh" reviews I keep reading from coaster enthusiast about Goliath. The lines for goliath moved effortlessly on Sunday afternoon after some pretty intense rain showers. We were standing by the hour marker when we first arrived at the end of the queue, however it took 40 minutes to reach the ride. The ride experience can only be summed up in one word INTENSE! The two towers really ups the ante in the thrills department. This is exactly the kind of ride that SFNE needed to compliment Bizarro in my onion. One final note this ride is LOUD, I can hear the from across the bridge before you even enter the park.

This is exactly the kind of ride that SFNE needed to compliment Flashback in my onion.

Fixed

Actually, I went to SFNE for the first time in years this past weekend and I have to say I enjoyed Goliath. It's rough in the cobra roll and it looks horrible in it's location but it's a good ride. I rode it when it was new at SFMM and I actually forgot how cool it was.

^ That's interesting. If that continues I may actually visit more than once a year . It just pains me to wait 90 minutes by myself while I see empty seats all over a train. I have had attendants allow me to enter through the Flash Pass line before, but it is rare and apparently against policy. I hope this is a permanent thing.

Sorry for the double post, but plans have been sent into the town for a Skyscreamer in 2013. There is a town meeting tonight to discuss the plans for it and get approval. Rumor also has it that there may be another attraction added to the water park for 2013. I'll get back to everyone once I find out how the meeting went.

Sorry for the double post, but plans have been sent into the town for a Skyscreamer in 2013. There is a town meeting tonight to discuss the plans for it and get approval. Rumor also has it that there may be another attraction added to the water park for 2013. I'll get back to everyone once I find out how the meeting went.

The meeting is the 19th. Also where did you hear about Hurricane Harbor getting a new addition?

Anyone think that Sky Screamer will replace Flashback? I personally think that its days are numbered and this seems like a good replacement (as almost anything is a good replacement for a boomerang ).

The problem with putting it there is the height restrictions. The town is very stubborn about letting the park build tall rides, and If they are in Crack Axle Canyon, I believe they are inside the buffer zone. They could have a better chance to build a 200ft or taller version if they stay away from the road.

I can't say that I ever went into thomas town. I miss Time Warp right in the middle of Pandemonium. Did anyone else like Time Warp? I also love Kontiki and wish it was not tucked away in its own area impossible to find.

As far as the height limit is concerned, I wonder if they would make a tall one, or just build a 150' model which would give them more choices of placement.

So a quick set of questions. I am planning on going to the park for the first time next Wednesday. Just wondering how long the lines will be and what is the best seat on each major coaster? Also any other tips?

Weekdays are generally tolerable as far as crowds go, with Goliath having the only major line. Just be prepared for it to be hot as balls out and to have to mooch a ton of free tap water if you don't want to shell out for bottled (and really, who does?). As far as seats that make or break a ride go, Cyclone is only worth a ride if you get the back or if it's been raining, the latter of which will probably be a non-issue.