TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if the ride-ops on Bizarro are still stacking the trains obnoxiously; i.e. waiting for train 1 to hit the brakes before unloading train 2?

If so, I will have words with Guest Relations.

Usually (whenever I am there) Train 2, in your example, is just about done with checking restraints by the time Train 1 hits the brakes. Unless there was a problem/hold up during loading (like someone with disabilities, overweight, exit passes) Train 2 should be pretty much ready to go by the time Train one has returned.

Of course rides have off days, but 95% the time there is no stacking on Bizarro.

Don't be surprised, you will probably experience line cutting though, as well as other people who may get on your nerves a lot. So you may have to do it anyways... Or maybe security.

Yeah, I know that's what happened when we went to Canobie Lake last year, i got so tired of the line cutting that i just jumped to the front of the line on the Extreme Frisbee. Im ashamed, but all well.

Yeah, I know that's what happened when we went to Canobie Lake last year, i got so tired of the line cutting that i just jumped to the front of the line on the Extreme Frisbee. Im ashamed, but all well.

No, all is not well. If you are stupid enough to break park rules, don't compound the stupidity by bragging about it on Theme Park Review. Breaking of park rules is not tolerated by Theme Park Review.

Does anyone know if the ride-ops on Bizarro are still stacking the trains obnoxiously; i.e. waiting for train 1 to hit the brakes before unloading train 2?

Thanks for reminding me how annoying stacking is on Bizarro. That left a bad taste in my mouth, and unfortunately I don't have the deep affection for the ride that most others do to help make up for it in my mind.

It's been a long time since I've seen Bizarro stack. When it does, it's usually an isolated problem (i.e. a restraint issue), there are only two attendants, attendants are being trained, or the crew is not particularly up to pace. Even still, I almost never wait in the brake run for more than 30 seconds. I knew all of the crew in 2010, and most of the crew in 2011. A good majority of them were very enthusiastic about their work, and I almost never saw the train stack due to slow pace. I don't know about the crew this year, but so far my visits have been enjoyable.

When I visited in 2011, I did notice that Bizarro was stacked, but the crowds were really light, so it wasn't really an issue. The ride operators seemed to really enjoy their job and took major efforts to make sure their guests met all the ride requirements and all that safety stuff. What more could you ask for?

Pretty much everyday this season that I've gone to SFNE (10 times) there has been no stacking. They have had 4 ride attendants, fast loading times, and they were sending trains out of the station just before the other train reached the brakes. I give them a lot of credit. They have also kept the audio very consistent this year.

I'm going to be in Connecticut at the beginning of October and am thinking of staying that first weekend (the 6th and 7th) to visit SFNE, Lake Compounce, and Quassy, which is going to be a feat due to the rather limited hours of the parks that time of year. I've never been to any of these parks. And Lake Compounce is only open after 5pm for its haunted times. I'm thinking of trying to hit Quassy and Lake Compounce on Saturday and Six Flags New England on Sunday. Though that Saturday is Quassy's last day of seasonal operation so I'm worried I may not have time to hit Lake Compounce that evening. Also, bear in mind I'll be driving in unfamiliar territory. Is this a good plan? Any suggestions and tips from locals would be awesome.

I can give you some tips for SFNE:

1) Go to SFNE on Sunday. It seems you already have that covered

2) Buy the combo ticket! If you're not limited with funds, it is also worth getting a Gold Flashpass, especially since it'll be your first time going. Plus Frightfest is always the busiest time of year at SFNE

3) If you plan on doing all 3 haunted trails, go to the Haunted Mansion first earlier during Fright Fest. Since the night time doesn't affect the quality of the maze, it's the best to go to and it'll have the shortest line

4)Plan on an all day trip if you weren't already. Although it doesn't take a full day to get everything done at SFNE, the crowds will be extra heavy

Can anyone add anything in that I'm missing? Hope you have a good time!

Though this mostly isn't SFNE related advice, it should satiate your Quassy/Lake Compounce issue.

As long as you arrive at Quassy nice and early, you should have PLENTY of time to get everything you want done before 5. On my last visit, I only had five hours to spend at the park. I managed to get onto all of the more thrill oriented attractions including multiple rides on Wooden Warrior, and I still had about an hour and a half's worth of "now what?" time. When you get there, you'll see how incredibly small the park is, but that's what makes it so charming. And from what I've heard, the drive from Quassy to Lake Compounce is not long at all (though I haven't tried it myself). However, if you're planning on going on October 6th, I think you might be out of luck for Lake Compounce. Considering the park is closed the last three weekends of September, I think that 5PM time slot is JUST for the Haunted Graveyard. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been during the late season.

As for SFNE, I think Red covered most of what you need to know. Though from my experience, Fright Fest can be a gamble. I've seen days where the park was near empty, and I've seen days where Bizarro's line fills up. So expect the unexpected, be prepared to spend money, and you should have an enjoyable day.

However, if you're planning on going on October 6th, I think you might be out of luck for Lake Compounce. Considering the park is closed the last three weekends of September, I think that 5PM time slot is JUST for the Haunted Graveyard. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been during the late season.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say. If you are implying that all the rides are closed during the Haunted Graveyard, that is incorrect. During those October weekends the park (including non-water rides) is open from 5-12 concurrent with the Haunted Graveyard. The Haunted Graveyard is an upcharge ticket and you have to reserve a time when you purchased your Haunted Graveyard ticket. It is well worth the price.

Edited by larrygator

You should have no problems with Quassy. I attended what management said was their busiest day of the 2011 season, and my longest wait was 30 mins for Wooden Warrior. You can easily get the park finished in 3 hours. It's good that you are going to do Quassy and Lake Compounce in the same day because they are relatively close to one another compared to SFNE which is an hour and a half in the other direction. If you have a choice of where to stay in the area, stay near SFNE for a hotel. Driving from SFNE to LC/Quassy is almost completely on the highway, with the only time you aren't on the highway being the 5-10min drive in the park's town.

Just to touch on some of I mean Red's tips,

- If you are concerned about riding Goliath, buy a Platinum Flash Pass, as that is the only flashpass available for Goliath. Otherwise be prepared for 1hr+ wait.

- Food at SFNE is your typical over-priced meals, so if you don't want to pay, pack a lunch/ buy a grinder from a Subway. There is also a McDonald's close by, and an Ice Cream building that serves cheaper meals. Don't forget that Fright Fest doesn't allow re-entry after 4pm.

- If they bring back the Fright Fest magic show for 2012, WATCH IT! It is amazing, and since the park hired the guy who performs that show every year for their summer show lineup, I'm sure he'll have a Fright Fest show.

Oh yeah, one last tip, watch out for our SLC. It's not very comfy. Haha

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll continue with my plan then. I'm still debating about the Platinum Fast Pass, but I may just spring for it. One thing I can't stand is having outstanding credits taunting me.

If it is your first trip to SFNE and you don't expect to be back for a awhile, I would recommend some version of Flash Pass to gaurantee multiple rides on Bizarro.

Just get to the park when they open.

Head to Goliath 1st.

Oh and skip the parade, It's weak

NEVER. I REPEAT NEVER, HEAD TO GOLIATH FIRST. It is a mad rush of people pushing their way up the hill. You will get seriously injured. Not to mention, if you are in the middle of the pack, by the time your in line, you'll be waiting about 30-40 mins. And Six Flags New England doesn't have a parade.

But I do agree about being there for opening. You can ride Bizarro twice, without waiting more than 20 mins for your second ride.

If it is your first trip to SFNE and you don't expect to be back for a awhile, I would recommend some version of Flash Pass to gaurantee multiple rides on Bizarro.

Yeah, I usually just get the standard or gold on 6F weekends. I'm considering the Platinum for the true breeziness factor, though.

- If you are concerned about riding Goliath, buy a Platinum Flash Pass, as that is the only flashpass available for Goliath. Otherwise be prepared for 1hr+ wait.

I could probably do with just 1 ride on Goliath. I may be Vekoma'd out by this park.

When I went they had that GITP Parade. Pathetic IMO.

I'm trying to picture Six Flags organizing a parade. I can't imagining it ending well.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now I'm really looking forward to the trip. I can't wait to ride Bizarro.