TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I have yet to ride one of these "Deja Vu" clones, but I think Larry has actually ridden them all. I give SFNE high marks for putting out a good food spread for this event.

I enjoyed Deja Vu at Magic Mountain, especially the rather intimidating backwards lift. Kind of wish they themed it to the area it's in a *little* - I dunno, paint it black and theme it to mining or something! But it does look impressive.

I have yet to ride one of these "Deja Vu" clones, but I think Larry has actually ridden them all. I give SFNE high marks for putting out a good food spread for this event.

And incredibly on my first trip to each park with one of them I was able to ride. I have no idea how I got that lucky.

^Better luck than I had! I was in the parks of each of the US rides and every one was closed. I did eventually make it onto the SFMM and SFGAm versions, but the SFOG one moved on before I got to ride it. I'm pretty sure I have photos of me somewhere standing in front of the "closed" signs at all the parks.

dt

I'll never forget waiting to ride the SFOG version and talking to the park manager about the ride. He said something funny about Deja Vu being "challenging" to operate consistently. The rides I got that day were amazing. That first lift is frightening. It looks like SFNE did a really nice job with it.

^ As soon as this thing went vertical I realized how much the towers resemble old west oil derricks. They so easily could have picked a different color scheme (since they repainted it anyway) and made it fit into Crackaxle Canyon. Oh well. It's still a good addition.

^ As soon as this thing went vertical I realized how much the towers resemble old west oil derricks. They so easily could have picked a different color scheme (since they repainted it anyway) and made it fit into Crackaxle Canyon. Oh well. It's still a good addition.

I realized the same thing, especially with the towers labeled "Goliath Towers." Yeah a different color scheme would have been better, but it still looks better here than at its previous residence.

I know we've talked about it a lot, and it seems we're still talking about it after the ride has opened, but I really would have liked to see a darker paint scheme and a western theme. Maybe brown and a dark red would have been nice.

Really now? I've never gotten to ride one, but I know from the videos here that people were often making fun of Deja Vu at SFGAM, and how often it was closed. I guess it's a different story with SFMM, whose version I don't know much about.

• 2 weeks later...