TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I can't believe how good this ride is looking! I was rather skeptical about the move at first, but with the park making it look like such a perfect fit, I say "bravo" for the decision (plus, now there's an excuse to get rid of Flashback and maybe make up for the loss of two flat rides in '08). Even though I already got the credit, I can't wait to ride it when it opens!

On a side note, I hope that they tidy up the roof of Shipwreck's old station. I still love how they're recycling it!

Love how earlier in this thread someone said they hope the track doesn't remain baby vomit green and now the whole thing is being painted that colour

Not sure what I think about the new colour. I usually don't like rides with one color for both the supports and track (unless its grey or black) so Im a bit uncertain. Would've been nice if they'd gone for the Blue and Orange paint scheme like Stunt Fall at Parque Warner Madrid but isn't that the same color as flashback?

I really liked the color in the concept art.

I was under the impression looking at these pictures that they were just painting the upper part of the tower green so that it gave the appearance of just track rising into the air or something? Leave the rest of the supports blue, and just have those green spikes sticking up. As far as the GP's concerned, it'll look like there aren't even any supports, just big track in the air.

The annual Nor'Easter ACE event is going on at the park right now. SFNE and TGE already had their presentation.

Some notes:

-Flash pass is coming to Hurricane Harbor

-Big Ben's is now JB's Smokehouse BBQ, now indoors with air conditioning, wait staff, and flat screen tvs

-Johnny Rockets in Hurricane Harbor is now Cowabunga Burgers, Johnny Rockets in Rockville is Totally Kickin' Chicken

-Goliath will start being painted this week

You can read more about the day and see a bit of the construction tour here.

Some pics:

030412135010.thumb.jpg.dc76622d917f906a72d6e120c44eefcd.jpg

030412105622.thumb.jpg.58795cd6447f4ae5a8d37a571ceafee2.jpg

I totally want one of these!

030412131022.thumb.jpg.1b0ee2496eda131046c8462f12b76289.jpg

Alpine Freefalls details

The annual Nor'Easter ACE event is going on at the park right now. SFNE and TGE already had their presentation.

Some notes:

-Flash pass is coming to Hurricane Harbor

-Big Ben's is now JB's Smokehouse BBQ, now indoors with air conditioning, wait staff, and flat screen tvs

-Johnny Rockets in Hurricane Harbor is now Cowabunga Burgers, Johnny Rockets in Rockville is Totally Kickin' Chicken

-Goliath will start being painted this week

You can read more about the day and see a bit of the construction tour here.

Some pics:

[attachment=2]030412135010.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]030412105622.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]030412131022.jpg[/attachment]

Same here man, I always love having a pun in my hands!

What Color will it Be Repainted?

I don't know why the picture is sideways, as in my Photobucket account it is the right orientation. You can see that at the bottom the colors are hyper blue and outrageous green, aka the same colors as it was at SFMM with the exception of the towers.

Will Goliath have flash pass?

Yeah, according to the blue prints, after walking through the entry portal you turn left, completely missing the first set of switchbacks, then you walk along the side of the second set of switchbacks (which are located in Shipwreck Falls' station) and then you merge before entering the station.

• 4 weeks later...

To me, The Deja Vu was the coaster that always deluded me from riding it. When Six Flags over Georgia had theirs, the ride always seems to be down whenever I visited the park. So I had no tears when they took that overpriced scape heap out of their park, but I was still upset that I may never get to ride it.

2010 - I go to Six Flags Magic Mountain and rode Deja Vu twice in a row. Now I can die happy.

This season, I'm planning to go to Six Flags New England and I'm hoping that Goliath would be up and running at least on one of the two days I'm planning to visit. I want revenge from the last time I visited Six Flags New England in 2001 ( I only had a one day window, a few rides -including Superman - wasn't running, and a terrible thunderstorm forced me to leave the park and head back to the motel ), and you can bet that cold dish will be oh so sweet this year ( it's a shame that they don't have 'Nightwing' anymore. That was some ride!), especially if I get to ride Goliath again and again.

This is me, after two fun-filled days at Six Flags New England.

"Having you back in bed with your head upon me would be 'oh so sweet' to me!"