TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Looks funny next to flashback ... im sorry... I still can't get past that

Me neither. I've been doing my best to avoid this thread because I have nothing good to say about anything this park has done since about 2006. I used to go to this park more than any other (It's less than 2 hours from my house) and Six Flags is ripping the charm out of the place (along with some really good rides). They took out the log flume for an ugly raft ride that doesn't get you wet at all, they turned Tiny Timber Town into the ugliest kiddy area in the world, they removed the well themed splash boat ride that fit the theme of the area for ANOTHER boomerang, and of course they took out the 150 foot tall Colossus Ferris wheel which had been a staple of the park for almost 30 years.

Not too sure about the application of the adjective "charm" to a corporate-owned park with numerous steel coasters themed to superheros. Last I checked, charm wasn't doing so well anyway...

Edited by Ed Farmer

Exactly, I think it would look better if they were boomerangs were facing each other. Right now it looks like Father and Son trailing behind. If I was in the park, I would not waste any time and wait in line for flashback. If I were general public I would say "Its the same ride" and on a hot day I would bother waiting for the smaller of the two. It just doesnt make sense. As unique as this situation is, I think that is all that sheds light on this stranger sight of two boomerangs. The coaster lover in me knows that the two ride experiences are completely different. I am excited for a new coaster at SFNE. I'm just saying that my eybrow raises at who ever made the decision out of all the rides being rotated to put this ride in this exact space in this orientation.

Not too sure about the application of the adjective "charm" to a corporate-owned park with numerous steel coasters themed to superheros. Last I checked, charm wasn't doing so well anyway...

Before Six Flags bought the park, it was a small park called "New England Riverside" that really did have a lot of charm. The Superhero area was added down the hill and really didn't interfere with the existing park too much. Batman was built on the parking lot so it didn't interfere either. For the first few years Six Flags owned the park, they did a great job improving the park while maintaining the look and feel of Riverside park. Then around 2005-2006 that all changed.

Again, this is just my opinion and I don't like being negative about parks too often. What they're doing to this place is a real shame though.

Masslive's new article details all the 2012 hotness at the park!

AGAWAM – Six Flags New England announced it will inaugurate “Goliath,” its 11th roller-coaster ride, sometime in late spring around Memorial Day. The park opens for the season April 14.

“It is the world’s tallest inverted boomerang roller coaster,” Jennifer Mance, director of sales and marketing at the park, said Friday.

The ride, under construction now in the Crack Axle Canyon part of the park, will be about 200 feet high.

Riders will be strapped into chairs suspended from a track so they will be dangling face down out of the station and up the first tower. When riders reach the top of the tower they will be dropped into a complete vertical nearly 20-story free-fall, reaching speeds of 65 miles per hour before racing head over heels on the outside of a 102-foot-tall vertical loop followed by a 110-foot butterfly turn before rocketing up to a second, 19-story tower.

“Six Flags New England is thrilled to announce the addition of ‘Goliath’ to our already amazing arsenal of rides,” John Winkler, president of the park, stated in a press release. “This ride delivers pure adrenaline from start to finish and solidifies our commitment to adding high volume fun for the entire family.”

“Goliath” will be located next to the indoor ride “Houdini/The Great Escape.” Nearby, workers are finishing construction of JB’s Smokehouse BBQ, a new restaurant at the park. Mance said it will be the first eatery at the park to provide waitstaff who will bring people their food.

The park this season will also offer two new shows. Allusionquest will be a magic show giving performances starting May 26 and through Sept. 23. SOAR: Birds of the World, a wildlife show, will feature exotic and endangered birds. It will offer shows from June 16 through Aug. 26.

Last season, Six Flags New England added the Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum roller-coaster ride to its attractions. Guests attempt to escape from Arkham Asylum, the home of Gotham City’s criminally insane. Riders board four-passenger cars that make a five-story climb toward the sky.

Six Flags Entertainment Corp. is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada.

MORE

WOW!!! LOVE IT! Despite the fact that right behind these photos is another boomerang, The fact that this seems almost level with Bizarro just begs for me to ride. Can't wait to get my first GIB credit. Looks like the queue house is going to be opposite the BBQ spot. When you pass by the bumber cars, it will be awesome to look up and see guest looking straight down at you.

http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsne

Despite the fact that right behind these photos is another boomerang

Only until it gets relocated to La Ronde.

Hopefully the platform under the cobra roll is in the plans. Adds a nice little foot chopper.

When the platform was in California, you couldn't really realize the platform under the cobra roll. But knowing you guys are getting new trains, it could be different.

Weren't the towers always green on all three original SF installations? I think some people have been playing RCT2 a bit too much to remember.

A brief Google Image Search shows that the towers were always blue.

Perhaps the blue parts are the exterior tower supports? Looking it the photo below my last post it looks like they're installing the track first,then adding the blue tower bracing afterward.

At first, when I heard Goliath was getting green tower supports, I thought it was going to be disgusting, but it's actually turning out well. I would like to see some photos from the ground to give my true opinion. I like that Six Flags is making the coaster a bit more unique.

The fact that this seems almost level with Bizarro just begs for me to ride.

The fact that Goliath is being built on land that is that is 30/40ft above the elevation of the 'DC SUPER HEROS Adventure" area where Bizarro is doesn't hurt

Despite the fact that right behind these photos is another boomerang

Only until it gets relocated to La Ronde.

La Ronde would do something like that.

Duelling Boomerangs would look great next to the Batman and the SLC!

Between La Ronde and CW's latest additions, there might be something in their water.

I'm having my first case of "coaster bitterness" with this coaster. I loved having Deja Vu at Magic Mountain and I don't want any other park to have it!

Welcome to the SFGAm/SFOG Club. Chicago got a Splash Battle to compliment the giant water park roughly 50 steps away, and Atlanta got a few gallons of blue paint to throw on Batman. Maybe California will get a Blue Splash Battle?

Duelling Boomerangs would look great next to the Batman and the SLC!

What if this happened and they intertwined the two? So the middle of Flashback's cobra roll would be threaded through Boomerang's loop, and vice versa, and then they were run at the same time? Dueling Boomerangs. WHOA.

Between La Ronde and CW's latest additions, there might be something in their water.

I'm having my first case of "coaster bitterness" with this coaster. I loved having Deja Vu at Magic Mountain and I don't want any other park to have it!

Welcome to the SFGAm/SFOG Club. Chicago got a Splash Battle to compliment the giant water park roughly 50 steps away, and Atlanta got a few gallons of blue paint to throw on Batman. Maybe California will get a Blue Splash Battle?

Well that's alot better than what Maryland's gotten in years & what they're getting to make up for it.