TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

While I'm also not really jumping for joy at the color scheme, nor am I jumping for joy that this will be the first summer I won't be able to visit SFNE 10+ times since I moved to Florida, I have something to say about the location of the ride.

I know that the location of the coaster does sit on Crackaxle Canyon land, but will the entrance to Goliath actually face the midway like Shipwreck's did? If so, then it could sort of be argued that Goliath isn't in Crackaxle Canyon, since you then wouldn't have to walk under the Crackaxle Canyon sign to enter the queue. I really think that the park's decision was one in keeping a huge neon coaster as a midway monster and thrilling attraction for the north end of the park, as opposed to part of the western area. I'd think that if this was up on the hill somewhere (I know it'd never fit, just saying hypothetically), then it'd have some darker color scheme to coincide. But, the location is right off the midway across from New England Skyway, so I really think that had a lot to do with it. Why else would the park buy the paint just to re-paint it the same color?

Well It wouldn't really make sense for them to just throw the old trains in the garbage lol. Expecially since the new trains have never been used before. They could experience problems with the new trains, so it would make sense that they would ship the old trians with the ride in case they need to be used as a backup.

I just got a cold chill up my spine seeing those restraints... as in: HELL NO. I remember OL:FOF WAAAAAAAY too well.

And is it me or does it appear the seats are leaning 'back' about 15 degrees in a few of the shots?

EXACTLY!!! Seriously, I've never gotten so hurt on a coaster as FOF at KD back in the old OTSR days!! (damn that was a lot of acronyms)

The seats are leaning back. Don't know what to make of that yet, still in shock over the restraints.

They have to have shoulder harnesses though. You're held completely face-down for a period of time. There has to be something keeping your upper body from falling forward, and, um, re-arranging your spine.

Do they plan on getting rid of the dropping floor in the station? That could be the reason why the seats are at an odd angle.

That would be very dangerous, if you ask me!

Intamin inverts don't have the dropping floors, but rather lower floors. So you have to jump a bit into your seat, but there's no need for a retracting floor.

I've never experienced the infamous Premier OTSRs (and I'm grateful not just for being able to miss the pain, but also because I love Premier coasters). But knowing how rough GIBs can be, I can see the cause for concern about these restraints. I'm interested in seeing how they look "on" in real life...and, perhaps, eventually finding out how they ride.