TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The Premier rumor had two parts, the new train (now confirmed) and them replacing with cables with, I believe the rumor said LIMs or something? I can't remember. But that would be interesting.

SFNE said they aren't quite sure what type of OTSRs they are going to put on it yet, whatever that means.

I don't know if they'd go as far as putting LIM'S/LSM's on a vekoma invert as A:that's a modification to the design not approved by vekoma & B:the reason vekoma never went with a LIM/LSM system was because it proved unsuccessful in the original invertigo design,which originally called for LIM's instead of the lift chain.

Designing a new train however is something Premier can be contracted for however as they did train builds for other coasters such as SOB so this should prove to be interesting.

Our new train for Goliath is being built by Premier Rides. This new design has 4 abreast seating, so it will be faster for loading and unloading our guests.

http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsne/posts/10150321741893740

So the origional staggard 4 abreast seating doesn't count as 4 abreast? Have to say I'm really interested to see what changes are made with the train designs to improve capacity and the load/unload times.

^ Watching the train wreck of loading was part of the joy of that ride though. With out it, it was just an oversized painful Vekoma boomerang. Plus who didn't love seeing peoples frightened faces when they sat in an outside seat and realized there wasn't a friend to grab on to!

I have high hopes for the new trains! I have never ridden Deja, but look forward to possibly riding Goliath next year!

Not so sure about the LIM/LSM thing though... not sure that it is even necessary. What's wrong with cable lifts?

I have high hopes for the new trains! I have never ridden Deja, but look forward to possibly riding Goliath next year!

Not so sure about the LIM/LSM thing though... not sure that it is even necessary. What's wrong with cable lifts?

The coaster would use LIM technology to climb the lift hills instead of the cable. Like Maverick at CP does.

The problem with Deja Vu is that the cable system is very unreliable, and takes a lot of mainatence to keep working, and a lot of this would be fixed with LIM lift hills instead.

But seeing as Vekoma just installed another one of these in China, with the same cable system, i don't think there is a good way of getting the LIM system to work just yet.

It is very exciting to hear about the 4-abreast seating because my biggest qualm with Flashback is the capacity. If they eventually do get rid of Flashback, then at least they replaced it with a larger, more exciting version that also has higher (theoretical) capacity, and a more picturesque location.

The coaster would use LIM technology to climb the lift hills instead of the cable. Like Maverick at CP does.

The problem with Deja Vu is that the cable system is very unreliable, and takes a lot of mainatence to keep working, and a lot of this would be fixed with LIM lift hills instead.

But seeing as Vekoma just installed another one of these in China, with the same cable system, i don't think there is a good way of getting the LIM system to work just yet.

Cost of operation wise, would LIMs/LSMs be more costly to operate as they use more power than the cable lifts? They might save a ton on maintenence but wouldn't daily operation be more expensive due to the increased power consumption?

^I would believe that would be true. In addition I don't see the point of having LIMs on a coaster that is blatantly gravity driven. Even Maverick's lift hill would be odd in my eyes if it were not for the second launch.

I think the LIM rumour has some plausibility, HangOver at Liseberg was originally intended to launch:

First Invertigo installation. Scheduled to open in 1996, but delayed until 1997. Was originally intended to be a LIM/LSM launched coaster. Do to problems with the technology at the time, the design was changed to use a traditional chain lift.

I honestly do not know what to expect from these new trains, I don't see how a lapbar only would work with a vertical lift/launch backwards, but I could be wrong, I think we are going to see an all new design from Premier, I am hoping for a vest style restraint.

I am wondering is this why the video was so wafflely and vague? Is it because they hadn't got the final details in place about the ride? The video was awful...

Just a thought - I imagine it's going to take a lot of power for those LIMs/LSMs to carry a heavy train slowly up a vertical spike without any initial velocity. The second spike would be similar to the Premier shuttles, which is fine, but moving the train backwards out of the station and up to the top of the first spike from a standstill might put a strain on the energy supply to the point where it really isn't feasible to replace the chains.

I would think it would be most feasible to replace the timers with sensors (isn't that how the Invertigos work?) to fix the miscatch problem that the GIBs are known for. Seems much less cost prohibitive than the LIM/LSM option.

Interesting news. I look forward to seeing how the new trains will improve the experience. While I have managed to enjoy both GIBs I've ridden, they are pretty rough, and I know not many people are fond of the restraints.

Aftershock has been reported to be running significantly better at Silverwood. I have seen it down before, but have been able to ride it at some point every visit.

I'm guessing SFNE was aware of the possible maintenance and downtime issues before they went ahead and decided to place it in the park (as well as order new trains for it). SFNE does a pretty good job of keeping things up and running, unless of course there's a major issue, so I would think they'll keep Goliath pretty reliable... as reliable as it can be I guess. Can't wait to check out the new trains - it will definitely benefit the ride to have an improved design.

^That's kind of dumb. Premier has redefined trains in the last ten years and made some amazing developments! I can't wait to see what they come up with for Deja Vu!
So did Premier Rides Design the Trains that were manufactured by Spectrum for the Flight of Fear Coasters & Backlot Coasters, or the Wood Coaster Trains for SOB & Wild Wild West, the Six Flags Spaghetti Bowls, & Speed Manufactured by Schäfer?

^That's kind of dumb. Premier has redefined trains in the last ten years and made some amazing developments! I can't wait to see what they come up with for Deja Vu!
So did Premier Rides Design the Trains that were manufactured by Spectrum for the Flight of Fear Coasters & Backlot Coasters, or the Wood Coaster Trains for SOB & Wild Wild West, the Six Flags Spaghetti Bowls, & Speed Manufactured by Schäfer?

Didn't Premier design & manufacture the LIM bowls at both KI & KD as well as their two outdoor counterparts in the SF chain? As far as I know no third party was involved in the design of those rides.

Hi guys! Sorry to change the subject, but as long as I've lived in new england, I've never been to SFNE during october (which is happening this weekend!) I'm just wondering if the park will be busy this saturday, since I usually only go in June/July.

Hi guys! Sorry to change the subject, but as long as I've lived in new england, I've never been to SFNE during october (which is happening this weekend!) I'm just wondering if the park will be busy this saturday, since I usually only go in June/July.

During FrightFest? From my past experience, absolutely packed on a Saturday.