TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Im pretty excited to have this at my home park. I mean dejavu is one of the most intense rides there is (in my opinion at least) so to have another great coaster is good for six flags new england, who hasn't really gotten anything relatively thrilling since batman. (2002). The one problem I have with this is that....it's literally right next to Flashback. Hopefully they'll be facing opposite eachother (like dejavu's cobra roll will be facing flashbacks) or else this is going to look really weird.

Hopefully they'll be facing opposite eachother (like dejavu's cobra roll will be facing flashbacks) or else this is going to look really weird.

Haha. The plans do show it going the same direction as Flashback though. Seems like every coaster is facing in the same direction, except Batman and Thunderbolt.

This looks like it's a commercial or something for Goliath.

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_GOLIATH/video/1630498/151061.html

I like their creative usage of both Kingda Ka and X-Flight (SFWoA) footage inside an advertising push for Goliath. X-Flight hasn't been in the chain for years, and Kingda Ka resembles nothing to the rider experience of a suspended.

Classy and clever.

The two tallest things in the park are Bizarro (208 ft tall) and Scream is 200 ft. Bizarro is right on the bank of the CT river, and that is the lowest elevation in the park. Scream looks like it is taller, but its right where things level out.

Goliath will be the complete opposite. Goliath is situated on a hill, the highest elevation in the park. So it will look like its about 270ish feet tall. Thats why we all thought the media wasn't getting the right facts.

Plus I can see another reason they picked the name. Bizarro is the most popular attraction with merchandise. I can't think of any other ride, except maybe Batman that actually has merch sold for it. SFNE needs another signature coaster to sell more merch (IMO) and Goliath fits that. It's very easy to create Goliath stuff.

goliath is a weird name. and what's the deal with relocating this, iron wolf, and invertigo? is the thought process here that these rides are no longer popular at their current parks, so we're just gonna pack em up and ship to the east coast, hoping that placement at a new park will increase ridership?

i suppose to the GP these new installs will be "brand new". but still, if they became unpopular at their current parks, i would think that would inevitably happen again at the new parks.

They should've painted it something like Stunt Fall would be better for the name. I think all the "new" coasters that Six Flags has all have horrible paint jobs (except Superman @ SFDK).

Yeah like Apocalypse using KD's shockwave's original 1986 colors ughh.

Still like I mentioned earlier it's good tosee them give this ride another chance at a new location,and if they can work the bugs out then maybe other parks will take notice & add similar installations in the future.

goliath is a weird name. and what's the deal with relocating this, iron wolf, and invertigo? is the thought process here that these rides are no longer popular at their current parks, so we're just gonna pack em up and ship to the east coast, hoping that placement at a new park will increase ridership?

i suppose to the GP these new installs will be "brand new". but still, if they became unpopular at their current parks, i would think that would inevitably happen again at the new parks.

Well both CF & especially SF aren't exactly swimming in cash right now so it makes sense to relocate assets within the chain,especially to parks that havn't seen major rides in a long time(cough SFA cough).

Honestly, I think a Giant Inverted Boomerang would be a pain in the [censored] to paint. Silverwood kept Deja Vu's original scheme when they installed it.

New trains for Iron Wolf will most likely improve the experience. The Mid-Atlantic doesn't have a stand-up (EDIT: forgot about Green Lantern, but Apocalypse and Green Lantern are like little brother/big brother when it comes to intensity).

As for Deja Vu, they obviously relocated it for a good reason. It's not like a Roller Skater or a regular boomerang. This is an absolutely massive roller coaster, and it takes a lot of money to take apart, load up, move, and reassemble.

They need to do something about those deathtraps they call restraints. The original train they showcased didn't have anywhere near as much padding as the finished trains do today.

Honestly, I think a Giant Inverted Boomerang would be a pain in the [censored] to paint. Silverwood kept Deja Vu's original scheme when they installed it.

New trains for Iron Wolf will most likely improve the experience. The Mid-Atlantic doesn't have a stand-up (EDIT: forgot about Green Lantern, but Apocalypse and Green Lantern are like little brother/big brother when it comes to intensity).

As for Deja Vu, they obviously relocated it for a good reason. It's not like a Roller Skater or a regular boomerang. This is an absolutely massive roller coaster, and it takes a lot of money to take apart, load up, move, and reassemble.

They need to do something about those deathtraps they call restraints. The original train they showcased didn't have anywhere near as much padding as the finished trains do today.

You're forgetting about shockwave at KD,which was the first s tandup on the east coast back in 86.