TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

SFA couldn't install it due to the height restrictions...
SFA has a height limit of 200' from grade. Even if they built the ride on a 8 1/2' tall platform, they could still build it within regulations (the ride is only 191' tall)...

Not on the former two fa ce footprint as that area is zoned for 140 feet max.

^ Nope. I'm just trying to point out that Scream! has a lot of potential to be a good ride, and I'm just suggesting SFGAm cause they're spending really

BIG bucks on the park in 2012.

You said the same thing about 2011, and while Scream might make you happy, others, like myself would not be happy with it. But since there's no indication that it will be leaving SFMM anytime soon, there's no point in talking about it.

On the topic of DV, has anyone heard anything about the trains, and if they could get the new Vekoma restraints or a completely new train?

^ Nope. I'm just trying to point out that Scream! has a lot of potential to be a good ride, and I'm just suggesting SFGAm cause they're spending really

BIG bucks on the park in 2012.

You said the same thing about 2011, and while Scream might make you happy, others, like myself would not be happy with it. But since there's no indication that it will be leaving SFMM anytime soon, there's no point in talking about it.

On the topic of DV, has anyone heard anything about the trains, and if they could get the new Vekoma restraints or a completely new train?

They could get a new train for it but they probably won't (as far as they see it possibly) there really is nothing wrong with the current train and if I'm not mistaken it was recently rehabbed but, a new train with new restraints would help with the bashing although everytime I have ridden it I didn't get bashed anymore than any other coaster, so it wasn't really that bad.

I know it's the train that does get rehabbed a lot every year, so the new train would not be a bad idea, just hopefully it doesn't change the awesome experience Vu already is. Not to mention the fact that SFNE has the winter off (unlike SFMM), there is proper time to do rehab on the old/"new" trains if needed/more time to do it, hopefully keeping the downtime to a minimum during season.

On the note of removing other rides from SFMM, I don't see it as very likely unless it is Scream. Scream could do well somewhere else (I'm not the biggest fan, but it's still a half decent ride), freeing up that parking lot again! Goliath is staying, that's easily one of the top 5 most popular rides in the park and generates a huge wait during busy days.

This whole 2 boomerang thing is still so weird to me... They obviously are 2 different experiences, but not by *that* much. I liked Deja Vu and I'm sure it will go over VERY well, but... ugh... I just wish SFNE had more than just a few really good coasters (mainly Bizarro [obviously] and Batman). I feel like Flashback, Mind Eraser, Cyclone, and now maybe Deja Vu are just a group of "ok, which ride sucks the least to go on?" Granted, I don't remember Deja Vu being rough back in '03, but I don't know how it's aged. I am glad we are getting a coaster to replace Shipwreck Falls though - never been a fan of those rides and if they can fit a fairly intense compact coaster there then I'm good with that... I would love to see Flashback gone in the next few years and maybe get a cool flat to replace it.

I guess I'm also in the minority when it comes to the Cyclone. I've been riding that thing since I was tall enough to ride it, when the park was still Riverside, and it used to terrify me and now it's just so boring, imo. I was so disappointed in it 2 years ago when I last rode it. I haven't experienced the crazy back seat air that everyone has raved about though, so maybe that's a game changer.

I'm heading to the park tomorrow night and for the day Thursday, so I'm gonna give Cyclone another shot. I'm holding out hope that the weather won't be as crappy as the forecast says on Thursday... it's the only time I've had/will have to get to this park this year and I'm craving some Bizarro action!

So I went to the park today and got my last ride on Shipwreck Falls, and I couldn't help thinking what a shame it is that GIB is replacing this instead of Flashback Shipwreck Falls is just so adorably themed and looks really nice right where it is. And it was a nice warm day and it that big splash felt great. The park is now down to two water rides, one of which doesn't get you wet at all. Also, they're obviously going to have to take out some nice mature trees. And then I looked over at that rough piece of crap Flashback (which was down ALL day) and thought what a waste. Deja Vu should be replacing that instead. It doesn't help that I just saw pictures of the plans submitted and both coasters are going to be facing the same way. That's going to make the comparison even more obvious! I really hope that Flashback will be on its way out soon to make room for something, ANYTHING better. Like a restroom. Or a dumpster. Ok maybe not that, but I REALLY hate that ride being there right now! Lol.

"Six Flags New Englands! 3 Vekomas! 1 park! Wooo- wait what did I say that right? What? I did? Don't you think this a bit messed u- What? We're not worthy for any other coaster manufacturer? What? We're just getting scraps, from the swap? What? Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the better end of the deal? What- make sure the next take I mention that with a free can of Coke everyone pays kids price and gets a free bottle of Advil? Smart move my friends...smart move."

"Six Flags New Englands! 3 Vekomas! 1 park! Wooo- wait what did I say that right? What? I did? Don't you think this a bit messed u- What? We're not worthy for any other coaster manufacturer? What? We're just getting scraps, from the swap? What? Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the better end of the deal? What- make sure the next take I mention that with a free can of Coke everyone pays kids price and gets a free bottle of Advil? Smart move my friends...smart move."

....what?

^ it was a bit difficult to read but the point came across.

I do think it would be a much better idea for this to replace flashback, instead of taking out a great water ride. Would be nice to see a nice 'NEW coaster coming to the park in the next couple years, and hopefully a removal of Flashback.

Flashback is probably going to go in 2013, don't worry. I never really had a problem with roughness from either of the Vekomas, as I'm tall enough that my head is above the restraints and thus does not get whacked, while my neck is muscular enough (not like George Fisher, but still pretty thick) to take the hits without any pain. They both do pull decent forces, which is the only reason I still ride them.