TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Inverted Wooden Coaster

Somehow, this sorta defeats the purpose that the original 'inverted' coaster was intended to do: Provide an exopsed, out in the open and free-flight experience for it's guests. Putting people in the middle of the structure would be cool- but not the same as, oh, say Geist Almighty in his infinite glory.

That having been said: Innovation is part of what we as 'coaster people' crave- and a new experience is just that: New and UNIQUE. Would a concept such as this be a success? Time will tell that one. I can think of far less successful ideas- and yet...

I STILL THINK THAT A WOODEN INVERTED would be FAR LESS painful than ANY Vekoma 'Hang and Bang" inverted.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see this working fairly well if there were no turns in the layout. By that I mean an out and back pipeline type of coaster where it hits a transfer at the end and just reverses directions and comes back through the same structure. Also is the voyage not considered wood? It seems to me that a hybrid wood-steal support system would be able to take the weight of midsized train. As long as it were kept to about 80 feet or less I think it's plausible but would probably have similar downtime issues to a ride like DeJaVu.